Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just don't have it in me as it just bothers me morally for some reason

It's a path usually structured terribly with no inspiration with very little variation and makes me feel like the game's either a) punishing me or b) trying to shame me for taking the evil path. Also, I'll echo a constant complaint, there's not a lot of subtlety in most evil playthroughs because it's murderhobo evil; not like my ex girlfriend, a selfish and calculating evil. I'm no storyfag it's just that the evil playthrough can usually close the doors on most of the neater stuff the devs put in there (see item a).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Shifter companion highlights:

Griffon special abilities.jpg

Griffon shape special abilities. Charge with no clear path requirement, and grapple for all us KotR fans. Big time.

Shifter Companion Aspects.jpg

Aspect does stack with Form. Notice the Pounce at lvl 9 to combo with Death from Above. Fear Immunity Aura lets this guy replace Seelah's underrated unique ability.

Shifter equipment.jpg

He comes with a special piece of equipment for Swarm haters.

Griffon Shape attax.jpg

Griffon shape gets three attacks. He can use his Swift Claws ability to add a secondary Natural Attack to Weapon attack in Human Form.

Shifter Feats.jpg

His starting Feats are not great, though he does get three bonus Feats from his Archetype.

Shifter Track bug.jpg

Track is a nice ability, though it appears to currently suffer from the stick on +1 bug that's come up before with scaling abilities.

Shifter Feats.jpgNew Feats.jpg

There are some new Feats in game, some of which are available to non-Shifters though nothing earth-shattering. Grapple Feats still notably missing though a couple other Shifter forms have the Grappling Attacks feature.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anybody has DLC 1 Complete Save file? Hopefully on Hard/Unfair.

Formatted my Windows Drive where the AppData folder is coz some driver issue and I forgot to backup my save. I don't mind replaying the low level DLC2 campaign but I just don't want to replay DLC 1 man :negative:

Apparently base Shifter is best fighter now:

Feyform sounds insane, Wis to AC + full sneak attack + full BAB + total of 5 immediate natural attacks (just checking the other forms, they seem to get less or only get more at higher levels) (also, the attacks are wing and tail, which are kind of rare, I think this means you can still stack them with the more easily obatainable bite from character creation and gore from closer to the abyss? Someone who knows more about how Owlcat implemented stacking inform me if this works) + massive stackable stat bonuses from still getting a few minor forms + 2 rogue talents (curious if that includes advanced talents) + helps cover your only weak save. Also obviously combines narratively well with trickster mythic path.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Whats swedish sperg has to do with this?
Check the TFR of Abrahamland. Father Abraham has many sons, your Gretas are barren and want you to be too.

When it comes to your 14 words No Gods no Masters Soyerstan is struck dumb.

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't the problem with class DLC that they are forced to make them OP to make buying the DLC worth it ? Same thing with Kineticist in Kangmaker
This isn't OP. It just provides some nice strategic variety/replayability.

Does anybody has DLC 1 Complete Save file? Hopefully on Hard/Unfair.

Formatted my Windows Drive where the AppData folder is coz some driver issue and I forgot to backup my save. I don't mind replaying the low level DLC2 campaign but I just don't want to replay DLC 1 man :negative:
Game is already too easy. You don't really need those additional items.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I WANT TO PLAY THE DLC BUT STEAM ACCOUNT GOT HACKED AND I CANT FUCKING BUY ANYTHING. FUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyway , how's the shifter class?

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't the problem with class DLC that they are forced to make them OP to make buying the DLC worth it ? Same thing with Kineticist in Kangmaker
Yeah. Its not like the base game was lacking OP options.
Ironically in Wrath Sneaks end up being the relatively balensed option. Downside is yet another Martial companion. Poor Greybor is never leaving the bench. Seems like a good fit for Azata Gold Dragon run.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You had to multiclass a bit and make combinations. This is OP straight out of the box.
Also shapeshifting has some mythic powers that give it a good bonus that are not available to standard weapon based melee characters

skaraher

Prophet
Completed shield maze on unfair. Brutal but definetely manageable without kite cheesing. Hardest fights were mongrel brutes and Hosilla. Cambions were surprisingly easy and Earth + Water elementals went down with the same strat as in Core.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You had to multiclass a bit and make combinations. This is OP straight out of the box.
Also shapeshifting has some mythic powers that give it a good bonus that are not available to standard weapon based melee characters

You don't need to multiclass to be OP with some classes, like Sanctified Slayers, Sword Saints, Sylvan Sorcerers and such.

Desiderius

Patron
For the Mr. Balance meme, Josh sure left a lot of crazy strong and cool items/item-ability combos in Deadfire. I wish more games had itemization like it.
No Gods no Masters but Soyer alone and his chosen few minions. He says mastering strategic pre-buffing was what made him fall in love with cRPGs yet he purposefully eliminates it because he thinks mere peons can't handle it.

:hmmm:

Don't let the virtue noise fool you, Josh is right of Genghis.

As for itemization Wrath has some good ones but Deadfire's items open up more interesting options. Been playing LotRO with my boys and what they did to itemization there is just so maddingly braindead, yet all the powergamers act like narrow maximization is the only way.

Desiderius

Patron
About time they made it at least competitive.

ArchAngel

Arcane
About time they made it at least competitive.
It was more than competitive with my Elemental Rampager or Brown Fur Transmuter fighting as a Dragon. Both turned Islands DLC into their bitch.
And this Shifter seems even more powerful.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You don't need to multiclass to be OP with some classes, like Sanctified Slayers, Sword Saints, Sylvan Sorcerers and such.
I was talking about warrior builds, Sylvan Sorcerer is not such. Sanctified is good but not OP. I never tried Sword Saint, do they get full BAB?
And he focuses into single weapon so he works best with metagamers that know what weapons to choose and where to pick them up which means not OP out of the box.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom