Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are Skalds supposed to be able to take Extra Rage Power feat? Or are Battle Scions bugged in not being able to? I can see arguments for why it doesn't make sense (and is overly powerful), but don't understand the logic for the inconsistency.

Kind of annoying that the only Skald subclass that could actually do with taking Extra Rage Power like 6 times in a row is prevented from doing so. All the others don't even need it more than maybe once, unless they are trying to do something weird like stack the damage reduction or run multiple stances.

Base Skalds can. Not being able to is one of Scion's (hidden) disadvantages.
Its still solvable, though. Pick Teamwork feats with regular feats, dedicate ALL Rage Powers to actual... Rage Powers.

Wait, picking regular teamwork feats lets Battle Scion share them with their rage? I assumed you had to pick it specifically as a rage power. That would solve most of my problems with it (aside from the battle scion's version of rage being awful and not letting you pre-buff).

EDIT: huh, it does work. According to how the abilities are written its NOT supposed to. If we read it as a rules lawyer then Battle Prowess is only supposed to be able to share teamwork feats that you take in place of rage powers. I guess Owlcat didn't want to go through the effort of duplicating all the teamwork feats and made it count the same either way?

That's some really good utility, even if you still want to give everyone Outflank (because using Battle Prowess every battle isn't really practical), getting Seize the Moment and Shake it off is basically always good. Throw in Coordinated Maneuvers and Tandem Trip for a trip-based group. And you still have basically full rage bonus progression. Even Allied Spellcaster ain't bad, if it's a merc and you're using it to boost your main's spell penetration without your main spending anything for it.

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
Do I lose anything of value (exp, items, fun) if I skip tavern defense and attack Gray garrison?

Zayne

Scholar
Do I lose anything of value (exp, items, fun) if I skip tavern defense and attack Gray garrison?
Being able to skip tavern defense is supposed to be your reward for swiftness in the first chapter.
You're getting some gear and exp when you order attack without doing tavern defense, so it breaks you even in that department.

volklore

Arcane
You get less xp for skipping the defense simply because a lot of extra stuff spawns on the market square including the nabasu miniboss (where the necromancer was) after the tavern defense. You simply won't get this new state of the market square if you skip.

volklore

Arcane
Looking to build a mobility 2 trickster rogue focsed on on-hit debuffs (gonna use TTT but probably avoid impossible speed since I find it a bit too strong)
The idea being running around and proccing debuffs on everything that can AOO, and generally being a pesky annoyance of a chaotic evil trickster. Before it is mentioned, I know I can go saint and do dmg instead, I just want to mostly focus on debuffs and go for a rogue build (damage will be decent still).

Thing I am pretty sure the build needs :
-4 rogue (finesse training, debilitating injury) or 10/12 rogue (advance talents : dispelling attack, double debilitation)
-1 Barb/bloodrager for the movespeed
-Mutagen : need to stack dex for more AB, AOOs and better mobility checks. Probably want higher duration on it because 10 minutes is too low. In the case of TTT, i feel mutation warrior is much better for it because combat trick cannot be picked more than once and therefore there is not much use of discoveries from vivisectionist.

Will be using Estocs for Crippling kiss (keen, stacking -2 debuff to everything on crits) and the clemency of shadow ring (+1 AOO aura and AOO crits cause stagger), on top of the rogue injury, sicken (from crusader's edge or brutal beating) and of course a ranged character equipped with back rank assistance.
The necessary feats for this aren't that many.

What I want to have at level 11, M4 : Skill focus mobility, combat reflexes, proficiency, focus and improved critical : Estoc. As far as mythic : ever ready, skill focus mythic, leading strikes. This leaves a lot of room for other things, like early game insurance for harder difficulties

So for now I am stuck at this version :
Rogue 4 (thug or base rogue) > Mutation warrior 3 > barb/BR 1 > rogue 10 > ???
Is there any on-hit goodies I don't know about? How high are enemy CMD on hard/unfair ?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You get less xp for skipping the defense simply because a lot of extra stuff spawns on the market square including the nabasu miniboss (where the necromancer was) after the tavern defense. You simply won't get this new state of the market square if you skip.
Yeah, but its not really a big loss. You're saving your valuable personaly time and avoid a tedious section of the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Is there any on-hit goodies I don't know about? How high are enemy CMD on hard/unfair ?

Well, Thug could also scare them with Cornugon. But actually you probably don't need it as a Trickster, even moreso as a Mobility Trickster.

As for Unfair CMDs... well, Deskari was something like 120-130?
And over 90 late game for mooks?

After slogging through Wintersun while under-leveled, now everything is a breeze comparatively. Beyond other areas simply being easier, my squishy caster party is now 2 levels greater and able to dish out more & better spells. I still haven't triggered Mythic 4, which I am very impatient for on my Trickster. I'm concerned that I won't get it until Act3 is basically over. While my main motivation is to get Completely Normal Spell, I'd like to get some work out of unlimited wands before they're entirely obsolete (I'm using TTT). I can scarcely find any wands, and few are worth a damn. The best I've got are a cure serious wounds, haste, and mirror image. I'd really like to find a heal, displacement/greater invis, and maybe an enervation wand. I wouldn't say no to a Controlled Fireball wand either. Oh well. I think playing Midnight Isles DLC for a long time before the campaign spoiled me. I got hooked on quick progression.

Uhh, what?

Shouldn't pets die when they are killed (or well, downed...). He can still move and make attacks as normal

MZlyj9h.png

EDIT: It then died when combat ended. Actually dead dead, not just downed.

volklore

Arcane
Aren't you supposed to get the M4 quest basically a few days after act3 starts ?
Basically skip time and do crusade shit, maybe green gates and easy locations and then you should get your mythic quest and get to M4.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Aren't you supposed to get the M4 quest basically a few days after act3 starts ?
Basically skip time and do crusade shit, maybe green gates and easy locations and then you should get your mythic quest and get to M4.
Depends on path. But yeah, generally you can keep busy with Crusade stuff until enough time passes.

volklore

Arcane

Well, Thug could also scare them with Cornugon. But actually you probably don't need it as a Trickster, even moreso as a Mobility Trickster.

As for Unfair CMDs... well, Deskari was something like 120-130?
And over 90 late game for mooks?
yeesh, gonna have to domain that shit :D

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Uhh, what?

Shouldn't pets die when they are killed (or well, downed...). He can still move and make attacks as normal

MZlyj9h.png

EDIT: It then died when combat ended. Actually dead dead, not just downed.
Boars get that diehard or tenacity buff or whatever. It lets you keep fighting after 0. You needed to heal it before that wore off.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yeah, I realized what it was as soon as you mentioned it. I was just looking at the feats/abilities for something like that and wasn't finding it. The game apparently notifies you that the pet has that ability in the pet selection screen.

Incidentally, Boar seems to be the overall best pet now that it trips like Dog? Boar advantage is that it has +3 base AC, and for me having gore attacks rather than bite attacks means that my Skald can give them a bite attack (along with 2 claw from beast totem). Meaning all the way from level 3 you've got 1 bite, 1 gore, 2 claw attacks. Pretty nifty. Does have very slightly worse base stats to compensate but w/e.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So does it still have the spyware in the current version? It's on sale for $12 on GOG.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
They need to feel it in their bottom line that people do not like spyware shit.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They need to feel it in their bottom line that people do not like spyware shit.
Play Baldur's Gate 1, then. Roll back your windows to Windows 95. And, by the way, ditch your smartphone.

I mean, there is no spyware in Wrath, but if you are dumb enough to ask, here are the ways you can protect yourself.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Read the reviews on GOG, mediocrepoet. You actually had no clue that this comes with spyware being installed?

I won't even reply to the cuck who thinks that spyware is a part of "progress".

mediocrepoet

Patron
Read the reviews on GOG, mediocrepoet. You actually had no clue that this comes with spyware being installed?

I won't even reply to the cuck who thinks that spyware is a part of "progress".
Depends what you mean by spyware I suppose. From what I read of it, it sounds like people are upset about their bug reporting / diagnostic stuff. Is that what you had in mind, or is there something more specific you're talking about?

mediocrepoet

Patron
Lady Error further to my post, like, surely you recognize the difference between software that transmits bug and crash reports, system specs, and information of that nature while the game is running as opposed to things that continue to transmit information while the game isn't running and runs a keylogger or packet skimmer, etc.

Just firewall it, disable your NIC, or run it on a completely offline machine if you're so worried.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom