Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Grampy_Bone Do you have any mods installed?
Yeah, buff bot, fast travel, toybox, couple others. It happens in an unmodded game too though

*edit. Just loaded an older save and it's working there. So something got busted. It's from about 8 hours of play time back. Not the end of the world but pretty annoying.

I'm going to try dismissing Lann or respecing him via the in-game dialogue to see if that fixes it.
From my perspective, this is the wrong approach to troubleshooting. This complicates things instead of simplifying them. I would have reinstalled the clear version of the game with no mods, tried to load the last save, and checked if it worked.

However, it is your game and your time, so it's up to you.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Yeah I already did that too. First thing I tried. Reinstalled with no mods, problem persists. I already saved over the last save from way back when I quit playing before, I hadn't yet noticed the problem then when I loaded the mods. So the issue may be unfixable. Might be possible to use toybox to add/remove the class feature too.

Jackpot

Learned
Man I had hoped that the performance of this game would have improved over time, but I still can't get a stable fps.
I get the same performance out of this that I do out of fucking Cyberpunk

Yosharian

Arcane
Man I had hoped that the performance of this game would have improved over time, but I still can't get a stable fps.
I get the same performance out of this that I do out of fucking Cyberpunk
Shit that reminds me. This game has fucking SHIT framerate

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
After more experimenting it appears to be an honest bug. If I respec Lann his arrow damage goes up until level 12. If I keep him a level 11 Zen Archer he gets 1d10 bow damage, 12 or above and the damage reverts to 1d6 (shortbow). So the damage table for Ki arrows is bugged now. Even if I use the modded version to give extra levels where he should get 2d8 or 2d10, arrow damage remains 1d6. Silly me for keeping a character in his default class and not taking 17 different 'dips' and 'splashes.'

Well, maybe I'll reinstall this in another year when the Codex does a "WotR Retrospective review."

I beat wintersun last night. Not sure it was worth the effort. I did get 2 levels out of it and new armor for Daeran, but I was way underleveled for this place. Damn my pride.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Finally finished chapter 3 on unfair. I'm doing everything, and I'm going the distance, but I think I've honestly had more than enough WOTR for one game. I started playing Kingmaker last June on unfair and went immediately into WOTR once I finished. These games are wonderful, but they are so fucking long with so much pointless dialog and text. And the buffing. The endless fucking buffing. It's insanity.

Anyhow, hope to be done by June. Based on glancing at guides, chapter 4 seems shorter. Although, there's still the (completely tedious) Midnight Isles DLc, which I feel compelled to complete just for the EXP, but which is super boring. Also, completing it in chapter 3, while a pain, gave me a whole extra level up, which made Blackwater and Playful Darkness super easy (everyone was hyping playful Darkness as the Hardest boss in the game, but I think it took me 3 tries).

Plus, while I like the Kingdom management shit, it's kind of nice that it seems like chapter 4 doesn't have it at all. So hopefully I can speed through.

Aarwolf

Learned
Anyhow, hope to be done by June. Based on glancing at guides, chapter 4 seems shorter. Although, there's still the (completely tedious) Midnight Isles DLc, which I feel compelled to complete just for the EXP, but which is super boring. Also, completing it in chapter 3, while a pain, gave me a whole extra level up, which made Blackwater and Playful Darkness super easy (everyone was hyping playful Darkness as the Hardest boss in the game, but I think it took me 3 tries).

Chapter 4 is indeed shorter, once you get used to navigation, which is sometimes cumbersome. It has long slog at the end, but menagable. Act 5 should be way shorter and if you don't care about side quests you can finish it in few hours, but if you do, it's longer than act 4. Some people non stop are moaning about act 5 being to short and with too small amount of things to do, but they are deranged.

As for Midnight Isles, thankfully this time it's shorter than in act 3.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's good that after such a long time since the premiere, I realized that you don't lose access to the paladin's class functions when changing alignments. Another thing that doesn't work properly.

Made an Ecclesitheurge w/Mercenary background (mostly for longspear proficiency for reach), turns out she can't cast while wearing light armor. This is a bug, right? I thought divine spells were never blocked by armor.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Made an Ecclesitheurge w/Mercenary background (mostly for longspear proficiency for reach), turns out she can't cast while wearing light armor. This is a bug, right? I thought divine spells were never blocked by armor.

Ecclesitheurge’s Vow​

At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears armor or uses a shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.

Intredasting. Really doesn't matter, she's already on her boar.

Here's a funny note: At level 4 Drovier can grant an Animal Aspect, while at level 6 this is replaced by a Greater Animal Aspect. But the effects are totally different, for example Gorilla goes from +4 CMB to +2 perception +1 fort saves. I'd really like the +4 CMD instead

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Made an Ecclesitheurge w/Mercenary background (mostly for longspear proficiency for reach), turns out she can't cast while wearing light armor. This is a bug, right? I thought divine spells were never blocked by armo

ECC is actually a mage, casting divine spells. I like to mix it with Empyreal Sorcerer for Mystic Theurge prestige class. Easier to do in Wrath since you level up reall fast but still can be a dead weight for some time.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's good that after such a long time since the premiere, I realized that you don't lose access to the paladin's class functions when changing alignments. Another thing that doesn't work properly.
It's not a bug, it's deliberate. Although the game never explains this, which is dumb as fuck.

Basically the concept is that your mythic power fuels your class abilities. That's how it's coded in the game files.

The problem is that initially, only some of the Paladin abilities obeyed this rule. I dunno if they ever fixed that.

Edgetard

Educated
how pozzed is this game?
I'm about to start this game. Is it based?
Depends on the standard 2000s games or modern games if your going by the good old days were everyone was straight or at worst charactersexual and gay shit wasnt forced down your throat its bad if you go by modern standards its actually tolerable and id say slightly less woke then bioware/obsidian as at least you get someone like regill who ISNT totally cringe

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Here's a funny note: At level 4 Drovier can grant an Animal Aspect, while at level 6 this is replaced by a Greater Animal Aspect. But the effects are totally different, for example Gorilla goes from +4 CMB to +2 perception +1 fort saves. I'd really like the +4 CMD instead
You're sure its not both? The effects from standard and Greater AA are supposed to stack...

volklore

Arcane
Favorite metagamic persistant(TTT) nenio is performing really well with her persistant slows. Especially since I got draven's hat. Slow really made vescavor swarms completely useless.
And damn those surprised me, seems like Owlcat fixed swarm behavior in TB and now they can actually attack while moving :D

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Slow is pretty great. Too bad Transmutation has basically no item DC support.

You're sure its not both? The effects from standard and Greater AA are supposed to stack...

Ahh, you're correct. No note that they do, but they do.

Are Skalds supposed to be able to take Extra Rage Power feat? Or are Battle Scions bugged in not being able to? I can see arguments for why it doesn't make sense (and is overly powerful), but don't understand the logic for the inconsistency.

Kind of annoying that the only Skald subclass that could actually do with taking Extra Rage Power like 6 times in a row is prevented from doing so. All the others don't even need it more than maybe once, unless they are trying to do something weird like stack the damage reduction or run multiple stances.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom