Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If half your damage comes from summons and you're using one at a time then the rest of the characters in the group are pathetic.
If mobs are attacking Summons (and whiffing) I've got all day anyway. Guardian Armor has DR15/Adamantine. A couple rounds getting things nicely locked down then take it out however. Nice low variance for Tinman.

There are five other characters that can bring their own too. Tankard Summons have been fixed and Devas are consistently connecting now too.

Haven't even gotten to Devourer yet. Usually don't need them but decent way to direct traffic for a party without a dedicated tank.

Graveknight REanimator 11.jpg

Can see here that Graveknight from Reanimator has Improved Crit on his Bardiche.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Lizard now has +2 to hit on Charge that goes up to +4 at lvl 7. Also applies to the Grapple check. Casters tend to have lower Fort saves and many are Human (not immune to Poison) as well. Smilo also gets Grapple.

Leopard gets Sneaks.

Demonstration of value of Ferocity on Boar (Hard Mandragora fight):

Ferocity Boar with negative HP.jpg

Boar gets ganked on lucky crit down to -18 HP. Thanks to Ferocity it stays upright though allowing Greybor to cash in on AoO that triggers whenever Mount gets hit from Tandeom Executioner ability (he also gets both Mobility and Nature Lore skill check to prevent some hits, but don't have items or Skill Foci yet for those checks). More importantly Greybor doesn't end up on his ass right next to the Mandragora.

Healing Ferocious Boar.jpg

Greybor was able to finish it off with the AoOs, but even if he hadn't Hospitaler Seelah with Mythic Channeling is ready to get him back to decent health.

Desiderius

Patron
Gormandizer is one fight where I just dump all the Summons since you can rest after and he steals weapons from regular toons (and has eight attacks).

REanimator 11 vs Gormandizer.jpg

Check that. He has one attack once he eats a Holy Bomb Stagger from Reanimator.

Gormandizer fight summons.jpg

Ghaele Azata has Holy Ray thingie vs Touch. Made Seelah a Hospitaler to avoid Mark of Justice cheese which would have doubled this damage. Devas getting three hits in. Sneaks sharing on Inciter haven't kicked in yet.

lvl 10 Guardian Armor.jpg

Guardian Armor DR. Probably prefer Graveknight. Depends on situation. Will eventually cast as Swift too with Sorcerous Reflex. Even the second level guys are significantly stronger than usual Animate Dead dorks.

Spirit Paladins are only 5th lvl but they are Incorporeal with Lay on Hands.

Unfair means Mark of Justice is a ok in which case they're hitting even more often with a lot more damage on each hit.

On Hard Hospitaler is fine and she can Shield Bash (hadn't gotten Holy Thorn Yet):

Hospitaler 11 5 attax.jpg

+7 Enhancement from Divine Weapon Bond + Crusader's Edge.

*Demon's Terror Flail from Greengates finally working properly* and giving +4 to first hit. Combines well with new Shatter.

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Update:

TTT straight-up nerfed Deadly Fascination on Mantis Zealot lol

Also the Fused spell DCs were not calculating correctly, now fixed. Makes sense since otherwise School FEats would do nothing on Fused Spells. Interesting! Will test in caster run to follow.
Fuck your TTT - you are playing another game. You could just use cheat engine, lol.

Desiderius

Patron
TTT nerfs as much as it adds. I'm not cheating at all.

Dark Codex leans toward the cheat engine side so I have 80% of it turned off.

Apologies for being misleading on the Fused spell DC stuff. It was still pretty crazy what it could do even with the DCs not working.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I was waiting until they fixed my magus to play, and install toybox and the mods like dark coodex, how do I know owlcat won't patch the game again tomorrow

Mauman

Scholar
Force ring is Free Action.
Not anymore

As for Mad Dog, yeah sure....except such a character would be a perfect choice for now using the force ring instead
Other characters can use it on you.
As I said, most characters I have swift actions already considered for. A barbarian I wouldn't, but most I would. If I had no other character besides that barbarian with a regularly available swift action, I'd give him the ring and forget the mediocre feat.

Desiderius

Patron
I was waiting until they fixed my magus to play, and install toybox and the mods like dark coodex, how do I know owlcat won't patch the game again tomorrow
Modfinder auto-updates them for you. So far the mod-makers have been keeping up with the patches.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Apologies for being misleading on the Fused spell DC stuff. It was still pretty crazy what it could do even with the DCs not working.

Doesn't it have stupid additions like time stop and stuff like that? Obviously only for the player, not NPC enemies.

Even if it does not, I saw a stream of someone using it but maybe it was other mods adding the ridicolous things, it's still a different game.

Desiderius

Patron
Why are you a phaggot?

Time Stop? I'm not going to the Ship because it breaks the game, why would I do that? Most broken thing I'm doing is Encouraging Meta on Bless/Good Hope and getting the trade-off Feats like Combat Expertise for free.

In exchange I have to actually flank shit (or pay multiple Feats to get Vanilla functioning) and my Mounted guys (including MC) can't Full Attack on turns where Mount moves like you facerolling retards can until I have 14 ranks in Mobility and spend two more Feats.

TwoEdge

Scholar

Doesn't it have stupid additions like time stop and stuff like that? Obviously only for the player, not NPC enemies.

Even if it does not, I saw a stream of someone using it but maybe it was other mods adding the ridicolous things, it's still a different game.
It's modular, so you use it for whatever you like, if a feature's broken or you don't like it you can disable it. It was invaluable for armor builds before Owlcat implemented their own scaling solutions. That said, its purpose is more to get it in line with the tabletop, than to increase your power. What you're describing sounds more like Dark Codex, another mod entirely.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Im not saying you are using the breaking stuff, and I dont care if you do, its your game you play how you want.

I am discussing TTT since you claimed it nerfs as it adds... does it have the ridicolous spells or not? Also, any change is applied to enemies too or just players?

TwoEdge

Scholar
Im not saying you are using the breaking stuff, and I dont care if you do, its your game you play how you want.

I am discussing TTT since you claimed it nerfs as it adds... does it have the ridicolous spells or not? Also, any change is applied to enemies too or just players?
  • Spells
    • Cloak of Winds
      • You shroud a creature in a whirling screen of strong, howling wind. Ranged attack rolls against the subject take a -4 penalty.
    • Long Arm
      • Your arms temporarily grow in length, increasing your reach with those limbs by 5 feet.
    • Mage's Disjunction
      • All magical effects and magic items within the radius of the spell, except for those that you carry or touch, are disjoined. That is, spells and spell-like effects are unraveled and destroyed completely (ending the effect as a dispel magic spell does), and each permanent magic item must make a successful Will save or be turned into a normal item for the duration of this spell.
    • Shadow Enchantment
      • You use material from the Shadow Plane to cast a quasi-real, illusory version of a psychic, sorcerer, or wizard enchantment spell of 2nd level or lower. Spells that deal damage or have other effects work as normal unless the affected creature succeeds at a Will save. If the disbelieved enchantment spell has a damaging effect, that effect is one-fifth as strong (if applicable) or only 20% likely to occur. If recognized as a shadow enchantment, a damaging spell deals only one-fifth (20%) the normal amount of damage. If the disbelieved attack has a special effect other than damage, that effect is one-fifth as strong (if applicable) or only 20% likely to occur. Regardless of the result of the save to disbelieve, an affected creature is also allowed any save (or spell resistance) that the spell being simulated allows, but the save DC is set according to shadow enchantment's level (3rd) rather than the spell's normal level.
    • Shadow Enchantment Greater
      • This spell functions like shadow enchantment, except that it enables you to create partially real, illusory versions of psychic, sorcerer, or wizard enchantment spells of 5th level or lower. If the spell is recognized as a greater shadow enchantment, it's only three-fifths (60%) as effective.
    • Stunning Barrier Greater
      • This spell functions as stunning barrier, except it provides a +2 bonus to AC and on saving throws and it is not discharged until it has stunned a number of creatures equal to your caster level.
Whatever it modified goes both ways, players and enemies. The game's AI is not sophisticated enough, however, so I doubt it's capable of using any of them (not that I think it would matter, they're not very powerful spells).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

• Mage's Disjunction
    • All magical effects and magic items within the radius of the spell, except for those that you carry or touch, are disjoined. That is, spells and spell-like effects are unraveled and destroyed completely (ending the effect as a dispel magic spell does), and each permanent magic item must make a successful Will save or be turned into a normal item for the duration of this spell.

Now I remeber, it was not time stop it was this spell! The streamer used it against Mephisoteles after struggling to kill him... how is that "it adds as it nerfs" Desiderius

And no, enemies had no way to counter it or cast it themselves... how is that not powerful TwoEdge ? As you say the AI is already subpar and its all about prebuff for enemies....

Take for example SCS for Bg1/Bg2, ALL changes are applied to enemies too.

Last edited:

TwoEdge

Scholar

• Mage's Disjunction

Now I remeber, it was not time stop it was this spell! The streamer used it against Mephisoteles after struggling to kill him... how is that "it adds as it nerfs" Desiderius

And no, enemies had no way to counter it or cast it themselves... how is that not powerful TwoEdge? As you say the AI is already subpar and its all about prebuff for enemies....

Yeah, you're right about that. This effectively makes mages the very best at dispelling and even shutting down some specific enemies. I had never given this spell proper attention before. I'll probably disable it myself/ignore it, this seems way too powerful given how the cRPG is balanced.

Owlcat really could have designed the AI better in their games, they could be so much more interesting on a level playing field.

Desiderius

Patron

• Mage's Disjunction

And no, enemies had no way to counter it or cast it themselves... how is that not powerful TwoEdge ? As you say the AI is already subpar and its all about prebuff for enemies....

It's a ninth-level spell. Never cast it.

If you can beat Will Saves with ninth-level spells you can already Weird the game.

EDIT: It's a no-save Dispel but it isn't enemies-only and it is a persistent 40ft radius Field.

I guess you can try to Shoot him to death but Meph has some pretty nasty spells of his own that this wouldn't stop. Will save is for items.

Not playing any full casters right now so not something I'm likely to encounter. Long Arm is bad on Daeran because it keeps him out of Shroud range. Cloak of Winds is a little narrow and unneccesary with Dark Veils and Rolling Dodge.

Stunning, Greater is fine but the +2s don't stack (Deflection/Resistance) and one stun is enough if you're fighting something vulnerable to it. 3rd level spell slots are crowded.

Desiderius

Patron
There are enough items in-game right now in vanilla to consistently Dispel anything with a dedicated Dispeller. I'd want to have one of those (or a consistent way to ignore buffs) long before ninth-level spells show up.

Strongest ability I'm using rn is Eldritch Breach (advantage on Spell Pen/Dispel checks) but that's a Mythic so should be strong and of course that crowds out the usual favorites like Abundant/Enduring and Archmage Armor.

TwoEdge

Scholar
The thing is, it's an AoE dispel that dispels everything, including item effects (although temporarily). Also, destructive dispel. So you initiate combat (by design, you open most encounters), dispel every single effect on every enemy in the area, plus they're all stunned. You have a good point about it being inferior to weird, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are foes immune to weird, I don't think there are foes immune to dispelling and most of them will suffer from dispel, and thus the stun, given the prevalence of buffs here.

However, what bothers me is why Vek17 implemented the spell like this? In tabletop, it's mandatory, because of time stop and anti-magic fields, but counterspelling is a thing, and you don't deactivate artifacts, you destroy them, so you have to consider that. It seems counter to his philosophy for the mod.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meph is so fucking easy. Well, for an Aeon anyway. Maybe it's harder for looney tunes path
Probably easier. As much as I despise the narrative of the Tumblr path, the powers look strong mechanically.

Azata should be harder because I didn't had any time to buff up before it. But back then he was a total pushover and died right after the charge.

Yosharian

Arcane
Meph is so fucking easy. Well, for an Aeon anyway. Maybe it's harder for looney tunes path
Probably easier. As much as I despise the narrative of the Tumblr path, the powers look strong mechanically.

Azata should be harder because I didn't had any time to buff up before it. But back then he was a total pushover and died right after the charge.
Aeon doesn't have time to buff either. But, I managed to buff anyway. The nearest instanced area to the boss fight was less than 24H travel time from the boss fight instance. So I buffed everything I could that lasted 24H (mythic ability on my BFT & other buffers ftw) then travelled to the boss and had like, I dunno 12 minutes left on my buffs.

His AI wasn't too smart, for example he nuked the shit out of my mount, leaving me on the floor right next to him....then ignored me and went after my tank.

Not that attacking me would have saved him since I had Last Stand, but anyway. Still funny. I 1-rounded him after that.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Aeon doesn't have time to buff either. But, I managed to buff anyway.
Afaik, Aeon has two variants of encounter with Meph - you either agree to meet with him at marked location or he will catch you en route on the way to Kenabres. In my version, with agreement, I had prebuffed before talking to him without any issues.
I also had no issues prebuffing when playing Azata - you need to approach him and free crusaders close enough to trigger the scene.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom