Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
mr decline's official companion rankings

also check your S+ / F- tier archetypes here

ferratilis

Magister
Lann at the bottom because he finds him annoying with no mention of combat usefulness, Seelah is ranked high because she's "iconic," Daeran is ranked low despite being the best healer in the game. That guy is a fucking tool.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Tier lists that combine "how much I like it" with power ranking are obviously shit and defeats the purpose of being a tier list. It's the kind of thing a woman would do
Tbf tier lists are fit for dudes too old to learn the game themselves. They were better when it was some autist on gamefaqs who knew his shit instead of the clickbaitors.

What's bad, Reanimator?

I mean, is it a totally fine class to play with? It's not weaker than Alchemist or anything, so no. It's fine. You lose some incredibly irrelevant bomb stuff, who cares.

Is it a class that has great synergy with, and in fact the "best" class to use with Lich like he says? Hard no. Giving a very minor stat boost to summons (which are primarily useless meatshields) is not some huge bonus to lich. You have to win a battle first to use them and either you're raising useless crap to fight something harder or you beat something hard and don't need help for the rest of the easy fights in an area.

I get that there is a great thematic argument for reanimator lich but that's why mixing a power ranking with a feelings ranking is a dumb idea.

Uhh, what is this? When was this added?

GWA1hEC.png

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I find it hard to believe that something this powerful slipped in without being noticed.

EDIT: False Alarm, it's bugged to do only 1 damage:

LiKYLTI.png

Good Job Owlcat!

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar

GWA1hEC.png

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I find it hard to believe that something this powerful slipped in without being noticed.
Eh....the whole "not multiplied on a critical hit" part is a bit of a turn off.

edit - also, swift action and I swear I'm always starving for those with every character.

It's a feat that gives (or should give, when fixed) like +30 damage per hit by the late game if you're a twohander. At that power level I couldn't care less that it's not multiplied on crits, if there were feats that gave +10 damage with no drawback I'd take them every time, and you'd need to crit 100% of the time with a x3 multiplier for that to equal a flat +30. Barbs/bloodragers aren't really a class starved for swift actions so its not a problem.

Sadly it IS a feat though, not a rage power, meaning I'm 99% sure that Skalds can't share it with their team. That would be absurdly busted. If it worked.

EDIT: also, how do you use Power Attack with thrown weapons? lmao.

Yosharian

Arcane

GWA1hEC.png

edit - also, swift action and I swear I'm always starving for those with every character.
Yeah it's ass on most optimised builds

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Yosharian

Arcane

GWA1hEC.png

Yeah it's ass on most optimised builds
Ok but real cool if you want to role play as Hulk :M
Yeah it's good on a pure Barb or something that's not optimised at all

I mean I'd take it even on a Skald at like level 18 or 20 when you're out of other shit. 30 damage is stupid to pass up.

Also Mad Dog is an absolutely competent class with one of the best sets of pet bonuses.

Desiderius

Patron
What's bad, Reanimator?

I mean, is it a totally fine class to play with? It's not weaker than Alchemist or anything, so no. It's fine. You lose some incredibly irrelevant bomb stuff, who cares.

Is it a class that has great synergy with, and in fact the "best" class to use with Lich like he says? Hard no. Giving a very minor stat boost to summons (which are primarily useless meatshields) is not some huge bonus to lich. You have to win a battle first to use them and either you're raising useless crap to fight something harder or you beat something hard and don't need help for the rest of the easy fights in an area.

I get that there is a great thematic argument for reanimator lich but that's why mixing a power ranking with a feelings ranking is a dumb idea.
Merging breaks the game. If that’s out it’s a decent combo both RP and mechanics wise. The bonus isn’t irrelevant. Akin to giving Undead the Master Shapeshifter Mythic.

Class itself very solid with Skald in team. More than meatshields! Sorcerous Reflex Summon gives Alch a nice Swift it’s usually missing. Extended Create Undead good for filling usually poor 5th level slots.

Depending on fight Corpse Inspector is relatively easy to turn on to bridge gap between 3/4 and full BAB if you have a Bow you want to use and Transformation is in that Spellbook if you want to really go off.

Merging breaks the game. If that’s out it’s a decent combo both RP and mechanics wise. The bonus isn’t irrelevant. Akin to giving Undead the Master Shapeshifter Mythic.
This would be relevant if bonuses to raising undead was as useful as bonuses your own player characters, which it isn't. And you can't even have them for some of the harder fights in the game since you can't take them across level transitions.

Class itself very solid with Skald in team. More than meatshields! Sorcerous Reflex Summon gives Alch a nice Swift it’s usually missing. Extended Create Undead good for filling usually poor 5th level slots.
Spamming a million undead to act as meatshields is one of the most boring and tiresome ways to play the game, watching them take forever to take their turns. And your bonuses to undead don't help them, they are still weak, will not hit things, will not have the HP to avoid being wiped out by the first thing that targets them.
Depending on fight Corpse Inspector is relatively easy to turn on to bridge gap between 3/4 and full BAB if you have a Bow you want to use and Transformation is in that Spellbook if you want to really go off.
The gap between 3/4ths and full BAB has little to do with the AB itself, since you're gonna have like +60 bonuses minimum and +55 vs. +60 is usually a wash. What it matters in is your power attack bonus damage, which nothing really fixes.

Desiderius

Patron
Having problems with second person again I see. Half my damage rn coming from Summons.

Don’t need to fill the screen with them. High lvl Reanimator summons are one at a time.

Mauman

Scholar
I mean I'd take it even on a Skald at like level 18 or 20 when you're out of other shit. 30 damage is stupid to pass up.

Also Mad Dog is an absolutely competent class with one of the best sets of pet bonuses.
Eh....Even if a Skald could take it it'd still interfere with swift action economy at least for the first turn. Besides, once it's fixed, a Skald is probably going to want to activate and deactivate incite rage every turn so to get that free final feint in.

As for Mad Dog, yeah sure....except such a character would be a perfect choice for now using the force ring instead. Arguably just as good and doesn't require a feat.

edit - I like how Owlcat didn't even bother putting in the normal requirement of spending 3 rounds of rage to activate this ability. Probably due to the fact that if you're playing a barbarian you're almost certainly going to take endless rage.

Desiderius

Patron

Eh....Even if a Skald could take it it'd still interfere with swift action economy at least for the first turn. Besides, once it's fixed, a Skald is probably going to want to activate and deactivate incite rage every turn so to get that free final feint in.

As for Mad Dog, yeah sure....except such a character would be a perfect choice for now using the force ring instead. Arguably just as good and doesn't require a feat.

edit - I like how Owlcat didn't even bother putting in the normal requirement of spending 3 rounds of rage to activate this ability. Probably due to the fact that if you're playing a barbarian you're almost certainly going to take endless rage.
Force ring is Free Action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom