Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Aeon doesn't have time to buff either. But, I managed to buff anyway.
Afaik, Aeon has two variants of encounter with Meph - you either agree to meet with him at marked location or he will catch you en route on the way to Kenabres. In my version, with agreement, I had prebuffed before talking to him without any issues.
I also had no issues prebuffing when playing Azata - you need to approach him and free crusaders close enough to trigger the scene.
Hmm. Well I definitely remember not being able to buff for this fight, I was drawn immediately into dialogue so I had to reload

I probably told him to get fucked in the previous conversation

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The thing is, it's an AoE dispel that dispels everything, including item effects (although temporarily). Also, destructive dispel. So you initiate combat (by design, you open most encounters), dispel every single effect on every enemy in the area, plus they're all stunned. You have a good point about it being inferior to weird, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are foes immune to weird, I don't think there are foes immune to dispelling and most of them will suffer from dispel, and thus the stun, given the prevalence of buffs here.

However, what bothers me is why Vek17 implemented the spell like this? In tabletop, it's mandatory, because of time stop and anti-magic fields, but counterspelling is a thing, and you don't deactivate artifacts, you destroy them, so you have to consider that. It seems counter to his philosophy for the mod.
Depends how you handle the quest progression IIRC.

My Aeon Vanguard Unfair run got it wrong, he ambushed and roasted half the team before it could act. First close fight in several levels and got wiped.

Desiderius

Patron
The thing is, it's an AoE dispel that dispels everything, including item effects (although temporarily). Also, destructive dispel. So you initiate combat (by design, you open most encounters), dispel every single effect on every enemy in the area, plus they're all stunned. You have a good point about it being inferior to weird, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are foes immune to weird, I don't think there are foes immune to dispelling and most of them will suffer from dispel, and thus the stun, given the prevalence of buffs here.

However, what bothers me is why Vek17 implemented the spell like this? In tabletop, it's mandatory, because of time stop and anti-magic fields, but counterspelling is a thing, and you don't deactivate artifacts, you destroy them, so you have to consider that. It seems counter to his philosophy for the mod.
The stun on Destructive Dispel has a Fort save (Weird doesn't BTW if they fail to disbelieve they're still stunned on made Fort save) and the spell doesn't read as if it would trigger Dispel effects anyway. The artifact deactivation has a save.

Far as I'm concerned it's a Ninth-level spell. You've paid the cost, you should be the boss. But it's less trivial than it looks I think.

TwoEdge

Scholar

The stun on Destructive Dispel has a Fort save (Weird doesn't BTW if they fail to disbelieve they're still stunned on made Fort save) and the spell doesn't read as if it would trigger Dispel effects anyway. The artifact deactivation has a save.

Far as I'm concerned it's a Ninth-level spell. You've paid the cost, you should be the boss. But it's less trivial than it looks I think.
Yeah, I need to get some testing done on the spell, as I'm going mostly by theorycrafting and Reddit comments. Another thing that bothers me is that it seems that you can apply selective metamagic to it, which should be impossible, as it's not an instant spell (Vek corrected this on grease, for instance). I'll update whenever I get around to it.

user

Savant
Started the DLCs, now near the end of LoN, just wanted to say that the amount of bugs I've encountered are greater than the number of enemies so far.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's interesting to think about this and it's even more disgusting. DLC4 had a shapeshifting companion who can have gay sex with the MC at least four months before Larian released the gay bear sex trailer.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
owlcat should put the last sak on sale for like 2 dollars and I might buy it

why the fuk are these dlcs 9 dollars, on sale, nobody liked them really

I'm just gonna buy dragon age orgins and kotor, both are 3 dollars

Desiderius

Patron
can ulbrig be made into a skald?
With respec mod. He has too many Shifter levels to be worth it otherwise.

Once he gets his gear (early Act 3) he can pretty much Grapple anything (stop it from casting, after a round make it a sitting duck) so he’s fun as just straight Shifter.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's interesting to think about this and it's even more disgusting. DLC4 had a shapeshifting companion who can have gay sex with the MC at least four months before Larian released the gay bear sex trailer.
You could have sex with "shapeshifting companion" in the first Dragon Age and then PoE 2.
I wouldn't have known as I have never played Dragon Age or PoE2. BTW, what is it with shapeshifting characters (especially Griffinboy) that makes them all homosexual degenerates? If I remember correctly, even as far back as BG2, Cernd was a massive cuckold and Jaheira started making sexual advances on the main character within seconds of discovering her husband was dead (after decades of abusing him). If only Khalid had a good Gnomish lawyer. He would have been able to get out of that abusive mess decades prior and would have still been alive!

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
owlcat should put the last sak on sale for like 2 dollars and I might buy it

why the fuk are these dlcs 9 dollars, on sale, nobody liked them really

I'm just gonna buy dragon age orgins and kotor, both are 3 dollars
They're all free if you know where to look.
I'm ok with supporting the industry in terms of throwing pennies at them and making them pick it up, besides, torrents can be fucky or old versions incompatible with mods, etc, that's part of my problem with things like bg3, keep in mind I'll never buy it unless it goes below 5 dollars, hehe

Joryyyy

Barely Literate
My favorite class to play on Pathfinder by far is the shifter class, tons of fun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom