Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Rhobar121 I see. So your point is that Owlcat Games will follow the business logic and, in the end, become the same soulless husk as modern Bioware.

That I can agree with. However, this is the natural cycle of life, and some other studio will take their place, become awesome, then rich, and then die.

Skorpion

Educated
AI in Blackwater HATES my succubus, every fight through that entire dungeon they just beelined for her every time all fight unless they were locked down somehow.
I had to keep dimmension dooring her around with Ember and hoping AoO would get them but they have such high immunities. Was a hilarious run through an otherwise aweful dungeon to be sure.
Also Im curious if I should now beat up the demons under my castle before Queeny shows up (this is an option for azatas apparently) or wait for her majesty hmmmm what do the bros think? Assuming you played azata before

Jackpot

Learned
everytime I want to get back into this game I try to play the inevitable excess dlc I bought, get hit with the bullshit demons from the last act of the game, and lose all interest
considering putting the game on easy for this dlc just to get it over with

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pathfinder is probably the only game that for some reason only allows exp for active companions (which causes some problems with exp)
This is incorrect. On the default experience sharing setting all experience is divided by six and all companions get it. Sucks when you don't have six yet (which is why people play with it), but once you have more than six they still all get it whether they're in your party or not.

When I did Garg Cave Unfair with a non-Good MC the Gargs beelined Seelah and Sos, not my MC.

Yosharian

Arcane
Gargs are absolutely not a threat because of Smite Good. Their smites found zero Good targets in my playthrough and they were still extremely challenging.

Yosharian

Arcane
everytime I want to get back into this game I try to play the inevitable excess dlc I bought, get hit with the bullshit demons from the last act of the game, and lose all interest
considering putting the game on easy for this dlc just to get it over with
Just hotkey Toy Box's Kill Everything On Screen function and tap it to turbo through the endless trash mob spam that Owlcat thinks is content. Problem solved

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Gargs are absolutely not a threat because of Smite Good. Their smites found zero Good targets in my playthrough and they were still extremely challenging.
Do you know what their Charisma is on Unfair? More ankle-biting. Stop making a fool of yourself.

The Clerics are the big threat, but they can be focused. The Smite Good turns the other Gargs from regular mobs (that you should be able to handle via AB/AC on your toons) into minibosses of their own for whatever good characters you bring.

Smite is CHR bonus to AB/AC, level to damage, and bypasses DR, which is huge since Unfair doubling happens after DR and Garg attacks don’t typically do that much damage. For a non-Good character with Stoneskin non-Clerics should just be an annoyance at most. Smite Good turns them into one hit wonders.

volklore

Arcane
I didn't have any good char anyway, my MC is CE, except seelah, but she's mounted so they couldnt reach her and largely ignored her during the whole fight. it's not the damage that's that much of an issue, it's managing the numbers, and dealing with the clerics that spam boneshaker on squishies (even if you move to melee them) for me. Gargoyles consistently went for MC until enaged in melee by something if they could see him. I also use camelia as a hexer/offtank, and somehow once I invised my MC, nenio and wenduag, they all ignored woljiff (even though he was right in the middle of them) and seelah and went for Cam. She can tank alright but she can't protective luck herself so eventually she'd fall. So I had to invis her as well. Also hellknights getting killed in the middle of my team allowing gargoyle iteratives to land on riders is the cherry on top of the cherry

Anyway I did it by just keeping all my squishies invis using mostly buffs to not break it (protective luck/domains). Also crafted two scrolls of archon's aura for seelah and Nenio which meant I had three of them running at a time, I don't think any of them made the three saves, alongside keeping most shaken they were a bit less threatening. Somehow clerics targetted regill with their spells instead of my characters (i still have no clue what their targetting prios really are) which basically won me the fight.

All in all, it's a fight you need to bring everything for, so next time I'll spend more money at the scroll vendor.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, Great Cleave is very fun with extra effects

Blightmaw had a bad day
First Tripped,
43EB8D37D953C95AEB81814A749BDB36385C503C

then scarred shitless
3C9CA5F3320886E0DB8501D502ED924FBA76E5AA

and Tripped again.
17B18C51A8DD4CD0D909CCF98F965D88B0EC2179

Finally Seelah gave it mercy
46049C7A3BD373BE4A75A6A4948A9F860C416735

volklore

Arcane
AI in Blackwater HATES my succubus, every fight through that entire dungeon they just beelined for her every time all fight unless they were locked down somehow.
I had to keep dimmension dooring her around with Ember and hoping AoO would get them but they have such high immunities. Was a hilarious run through an otherwise aweful dungeon to be sure.
Also Im curious if I should now beat up the demons under my castle before Queeny shows up (this is an option for azatas apparently) or wait for her majesty hmmmm what do the bros think? Assuming you played azata before
Yeah do it, it's one of the one cool option azata has. She'll be pissed as wymyn are.

Skorpion

Educated
Yeah do it, it's one of the one cool option azata has. She'll be pissed as wymyn are.
Will do then, did a stuffy Angel playthrough before so this chaotic good run is amusing in comparison!

volklore

Arcane

Blightmaw had a bad day
First Tripped,

then scarred shitless

and Tripped again.

Damn that's cool. What is your cam build btw ? Did you dip rowdy for her ?

volklore

Arcane
Will do then, did a stuffy Angel playthrough before so this chaotic good run is amusing in comparison!
Azata is quite nice. Kinda light on content early on but the option to rush to the fane is fun and then a couple of nice fights in act4 and 5. I like to play DC casters and it's a struggle to chose between playing another mythic path or just pick favorable magic D:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Blightmaw had a bad day
First Tripped,

then scarred shitless

and Tripped again.

Damn that's cool. What is your cam build btw ? Did you dip rowdy for her ?

Yep. Rowdy 1 / Shadow Shaman X (Battle Spirit) / to be Loremaster min. 3. Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot and 2 Extra Hexes, AFAIR (Shadow Shaman gets almost no Hexes early). Uses crossbows mainly. Now working on getting Loremaster (a bit more challenging in TTT) and I guess I will teach her to use Sling Staffs too (because I plan to make Greybor a Skald).

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Yeah extra hex is great. Idk if shamans can pick split hex though, description says witch 10 but i don't know if shaman count as witch levels in this case. I kinda wanted my hex user to use this feat since it seems pretty sick combined with bewitching reflexes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah extra hex is great. Idk if shamans can pick split hex though, description says witch 10 but i don't know if shaman count as witch levels in this case. I kinda wanted my hex user to use this feat since it seems pretty sick combined with bewitching reflexes.
I don't think they can. But already Bewitching Reflex alone is great!

Skorpion

Educated
DC caster is probably the most satisfying way to deal with Owlcat's endless mob spam
Im running a bard with almost all the teamfeats and the azata super power that shares them with team, its demolishing on core so far.
Also haste spells for days, up to 12 per rest from my MC alone which is pretty sweet!
Onto act 4 next so will see how it continues but Im really liking this run more than my Angel run.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Did they nerf zen archer at some point or is ki arrow not working anymore?
Well, activating that might be wonky, particularly in real time mode.
Try clicking multiple times if it doesn't activate.
There's no ability to activate it, it does show on the active effects screen, and I verified its not working via the combat log. I wonder if jumping versions with a save where lann had enlarge cast on him busted it.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Grampy_Bone Do you have any mods installed?
Yeah, buff bot, fast travel, toybox, couple others. It happens in an unmodded game too though

*edit. Just loaded an older save and it's working there. So something got busted. It's from about 8 hours of play time back. Not the end of the world but pretty annoying.

I'm going to try dismissing Lann or respecing him via the in-game dialogue to see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom