Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The most annoying cunts that disarm are those guys with the Sticky ability where you suffer disarm checks every time you attack them

The DCs are very high on the higher difficulties and immunity/bonuses against disarm don't work properly because of course they don't this is Owlcat

Demodand Destroyer or something like that I think they are called
That must be it. It tends to happen when demodands are involved.

The ability is called Adhesion. Tarry Demodands are, you know, tarry (sticky). Gormandizer has highest DC I think. It's a highish but makeable Reflex check if you're managing your Saves well, but of course if you have a gazillion attax that's a lot of saves, especially without Unarmed training since that triggers AoOs.

Disarming a Maralith is particularly fun since it will then tirgger an AoO whevever it attax (eight times per round or whatever). Maybe best to let the pets and ranged handle those fights.

Desiderius

Patron
Is there any situation in which Life Bubble is better than Delay Poison, Communal, given the way both spells are implemented in Wrath of the Righteous?

Also, can Ranger's spell Chameleon Stride replace Blur? Meaning: do I need Blur if I can have a 24-hour Chameleon Stride, Greater?
Doesn't life bubble work on Acid Cloud and Mind Fog? I know Delay Poison doesn't work on the latter after fighting those bug headed demons in Arleelu's lab.
You want both. Bubble protect from Disease in addition to the ones you mention while Delay is just Posion.

What's the point of no return in Act 3? I'm holding off Ivory Sanctum because there's still some places I want to explore before moving onto the next act.
It's very, very obvious. It should also make an obvious popup that you've passed the point of no return, at that point just reload the latest autosave.

Desiderius

Patron
What's the point of no return in Act 3? I'm holding off Ivory Sanctum because there's still some places I want to explore before moving onto the next act.
If you don't know you're not there yet. Can do Sanctum whenever.

scytheavatar

Scholar

There's 1 month which you need to wait after the Ivory Sanctum before you can start doing the final dungeon, so you are fine.

Rhobar121

Scholar
You can actually wait indefinitely as long as you don't tell a certain npc that you know how to destroy a certain barrier.

Remember when you attacked drezen and there was a big popup about how "continuing past this point will lock off some things you were doing"? You're gonna get that again, just reload an autosave and don't go down that dialog path until you're ready.

Everyone gets a triceratops. Gotta be thankful for the good things you already have.

Trying to figure out my 9th and 10th mythic levels for Seelah and there's just nothing left that looks interesting nowadays. Even more so for pure martial characters. What do you guys take? For my last mythic ability the best is... uhh... improved abundant casting just for her level 4 spells? I stopped trying to micro and line up charges in Act 3 so Mythic Charge is out and something like Thundering Blows is kind of a joke at this point. I don't think there's any conventionally available polymorph effect for Master Shapeshifter, is there? I'll be even more lost trying to level up companions like Regill who don't even have abundant casting to take.

EDIT: From what I can tell there is precisely one polymorph spell you can use on others without special class features and without ruining their form, and it's Blessing of the Salamander. Rnd/level though, so its annoying but still probably the best bet

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Everyone gets a triceratops. Gotta be thankful for the good things you already have.

Trying to figure out my 9th and 10th mythic levels for Seelah and there's just nothing left that looks interesting nowadays. Even more so for pure martial characters. What do you guys take? For my last mythic ability the best is... uhh... improved abundant casting just for her level 4 spells? I stopped trying to micro and line up charges in Act 3 so Mythic Charge is out and something like Thundering Blows is kind of a joke at this point. I don't think there's any conventionally available polymorph effect for Master Shapeshifter, is there? I'll be even more lost trying to level up companions like Regill who don't even have abundant casting to take.

EDIT: From what I can tell there is precisely one polymorph spell you can use on others without special class features and without ruining their form, and it's Blessing of the Salamander. Rnd/level though, so its annoying but still probably the best bet
Reg wants Domain Zealot for his Domains. I've done Mythic Dazzling with Fearsomeness on him but not sure if its currently working. Mythic Evo Focus on Seelah helps her Archon's get there. She also benefits greatly from Mythic Initiative to get the Mark down early.

If you're running out of Mythics you want you're missing some significant chunks of the game, though moreso with TTT.

Reg wants Domain Zealot for his Domains.
...what? Think you're thinking Sosiel.

I've done Mythic Dazzling with Fearsomeness on him but not sure if its currently working.
Absolutely hate it when enemies run away and I have to chase them across the whole level.

Mythic Evo Focus on Seelah helps her Archon's get there. She also benefits greatly from Mythic Initiative to get the Mark down early.
... what? Are you loading up on feats just to give her a small chance of applying -2 to enemy stats? That's pretty silly. Seelah's job is to kill things. Raising Archon's to a DC of like 25 and giving the enemy a 10% chance of -2 to their stats rather than just a 5% chance of critical failure is so not worth it. Can't take initiative because I wasn't able to fit the base version into my build. Maybe I could have dropped combat reflexes but AoO while flat footed is nice...

Parabalus

Arcane
Fun interaction - the Living Ram armor dmg proc triggers Mythic Charge.
Also additional dmg procs on the weapon also trigger it.

And they are both doubled by wielding a spear weapon.

:positive:

Last edited:
By additional damage procs, you mean stuff like additional elemental effects or precision damage? Maybe the Elemental Barrage-type strats with 4 elemental enchants are back on the menu.

How about Spirited Charge?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've done Mythic Dazzling with Fearsomeness on him but not sure if its currently working.
Absolutely hate it when enemies run away and I have to chase them across the whole level.
Bring more archers, no? As I have already said, Wenduag and Arueshalae are a very powerful couple, whatever their actual preferences are. And I'm sure you know how to [H]old.

If you are owning the game so hard, you can even assign medium-ranged ray spells on autocast, which together with "hold" means everyone who goes back gets a bunch of axes, arrows, and Hellfire to the face.

Desiderius

Patron
Reg wants Domain Zealot for his Domains.
...what? Think you're thinking Sosiel.

Mythic Evo Focus on Seelah helps her Archon's get there. She also benefits greatly from Mythic Initiative to get the Mark down early.
... what? Are you loading up on feats just to give her a small chance of applying -2 to enemy stats? That's pretty silly. Seelah's job is to kill things. Raising Archon's to a DC of like 25 and giving the enemy a 10% chance of -2 to their stats rather than just a 5% chance of critical failure is so not worth it. Can't take initiative because I wasn't able to fit the base version into my build. Maybe I could have dropped combat reflexes but AoO while flat footed is nice...
UR bad

scytheavatar

Scholar

Hard to answer your question without seeing what you have taken, but assuming you have taken Mythical Beast/Power Attack/Ever Ready/Improved Crit/Abundant Smite/Abundant Casting/Last Stand/Improved Initiative then I would take Leading Strike for that extra damage. Flawless Attack, Rupture Restraints, Unrelenting Assault are safe options to pick, and of course Inspirational Leader if no one else in your party has it.

Going over ones I don't have:

- Leading Strike, is it actually any good? It seems like something that'd only work in real time (since every character will hit simultaneously), while in turn based it's practically useless. And I do boss fights in turn based. EDIT: nvm, it probably works great in turnbased when riding a pet, right? If it works like that then it should be one of the best mythics and taken early. Almost like Elemental Barrage used to be.
- Unrelenting Assault, just too slow to ramp up. Worst case late game boss fights in this game take 3 turns, usually 1-2.
- Rupture Restraints. Probably fine as insurance. Seelah has insane saves already, though I guess it could protect against effects that have no save (not sure if enemies have those?)
- Abundant Smite seems excessive, you only really smite bosses and that's already enough for me.
- Improved initiative I probably should take but I don't even have the base one and mythic requires it.

I did end up with Master Shapeshifter for Seelah's 9th, but still have no idea what you'd fill characters like Greybor or Regill out with (not that I'm using them but I'd like to know what people do as a pure non-magical character).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom