Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Swarms, horses, and a few minor demons maybe?

Free EXP if you need it to level before Garrison.
Kind of. However, people claim that rushing the Grey Garrison gives as much EXP as milking everything that is possible before it.

I don't believe them, but I did not do the experiment to test this hypothesis.

Swarms, horses, and a few minor demons maybe?

Free EXP if you need it to level before Garrison.
Kind of. However, people claim that rushing the Grey Garrison gives as much EXP as milking everything that is possible before it.

I don't believe them, but I did not do the experiment to test this hypothesis.

Doing tavern defense gives you a tiny bit more experience than if you assault the Grey Garrison; however, after the tavern defense there are couple places in the market which populate with new enemies. In the grand scheme of things, it's not significantly more XP, but it is more.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm saying if you did Defense to get the Amulet from the Nabasu (which can be sold to fund the army), then you can use the Horses to top off before Garrison if you're close to leveling.

I find it a bit of a stretch to clear everything I want to before Defense anyway so might as well just take my time, do Defense, then finish everything else.

They XP you get from the siege defense itself is about the same as the XP you get for getting to grey garrison ahead of time. Everything that goes on after the siege defense is extra for playing after.

Parabalus

Arcane
New Winter's Grasp spell is pretty cool.

I'm saying if you did Defense to get the Amulet from the Nabasu (which can be sold to fund the army), then you can use the Horses to top off before Garrison if you're close to leveling.

I find it a bit of a stretch to clear everything I want to before Defense anyway so might as well just take my time, do Defense, then finish everything else.

All new mobs seem to be:

• 2x plague horse pack
  • 2x rat swarms
  • Nabassu
  • Dretch pack

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You don't have to clear everything before reporting readiness to assault the Gray Garrison. Just Tower, library and I guess learn about tieflings' secret passage at the market.

Then you tell Irabeth you're ready, get xp, rewards, a party select Screen - and you can press ESC and go explore at your leisure. She'll wait.

They XP you get from the siege defense itself is about the same as the XP you get for getting to grey garrison ahead of time. Everything that goes on after the siege defense is extra for playing after.

Yeah, probably. I don't think the Nabasu, plagued horses and some swarms are very significant xp. Disarming that super-trap in the Garrison with your party (rather than tieflings' NPC's) gives way more.

Parabalus

Arcane
Then you tell Irabeth you're ready, get xp, rewards, a party select Screen - and you can press ESC and go explore at your leisure. She'll wait.

Looks like that was changed in a patch, used to not repopulate the marketplace.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
At least one attack of opportunity always happens on disengagement, no matter the level of enemies. So if you are playing turn-based, you need to pay attention to your enemies' zones of control, and if you are playing RTwP, you need to micromanage your melee better.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I noticed that the enemy is using AoO attacks when my units attack. Since when could they do that? I did not notice that happening earlier in the game, it only started in act 3.

You characters can be disarmed and attacking unarmed, without improved unarmed attack triggers AoO or attacking some kind of parrying mob, though I never seen that kind of parry in my playthroughs.

Yosharian

Arcane
The most annoying cunts that disarm are those guys with the Sticky ability where you suffer disarm checks every time you attack them

The DCs are very high on the higher difficulties and immunity/bonuses against disarm don't work properly because of course they don't this is Owlcat

Demodand Destroyer or something like that I think they are called

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The most annoying cunts that disarm are those guys with the Sticky ability where you suffer disarm checks every time you attack them

The DCs are very high on the higher difficulties and immunity/bonuses against disarm don't work properly because of course they don't this is Owlcat

Demodand Destroyer or something like that I think they are called
That must be it. It tends to happen when demodands are involved.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Is there any situation in which Life Bubble is better than Delay Poison, Communal, given the way both spells are implemented in Wrath of the Righteous?

Also, can Ranger's spell Chameleon Stride replace Blur? Meaning: do I need Blur if I can have a 24-hour Chameleon Stride, Greater?

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Is there any situation in which Life Bubble is better than Delay Poison, Communal, given the way both spells are implemented in Wrath of the Righteous?
I believe so yes. I remember some fights with ghosts or wraiths where I had to employ Life Bubble. Can't recall the specifics though, only that it involved a spell cast by the enemy. Some things are bad for breathing but aren't poison per se.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Also, can Ranger's spell Chameleon Stride replace Blur? Meaning: do I need Blur if I can have a 24-hour Chameleon Stride, Greater?

20% miss chance is too little, you can't rely on it to survive. Either get Greater Invisibility/Displacement or get yourself a Shaman to spam Protective Luck.

20% miss chance is fine since its min/level and you can have it on for the whole dungeon. Blur is also level 2 so there's basically no reason not to fill your slots with it once you don't need the +4 individual stat buffs, unless you really love Scorching Ray and Sense Vitals. Greater invis and displacement rnd/level and therefore strictly for bosses or other very tough battles. You can only keep protective luck up on one guy* when you should want to protect your whole party or at least 3-4 frontliners. And you can stack concealment and protective luck anyway.

* If you are one of those people who thinks keeping hexes up on your whole party by spending 10 mins real time laughing at the start of the dungeon is a valid strategy then you should consider just accepting the fact that you're playing on too high a difficulty. Alternatively just kill yourself.

re: Chamelon Stride, it says it doesn't work on enemies within 5 feet. Not sure how that works in practice. Considering its only 1 slot though its fine to have on just for the characters that aren't in melee, but probably doesn't replace blur for those in melee.

scytheavatar

Scholar
20% miss chance is fine since its min/level and you can have it on for the whole dungeon. Blur is also level 2 so there's basically no reason not to fill your slots with it once you don't need the +4 individual stat buffs, unless you really love Scorching Ray and Sense Vitals. Greater invis and displacement rnd/level and therefore strictly for bosses or other very tough battles. You can only keep protective luck up on one guy* when you should want to protect your whole party or at least 3-4 frontliners. And you can stack concealment and protective luck anyway.

* If you are one of those people who thinks keeping hexes up on your whole party by spending 10 mins real time laughing at the start of the dungeon is a valid strategy then you should consider just accepting the fact that you're playing on too high a difficulty. Alternatively just kill yourself.

re: Chamelon Stride, it says it doesn't work on enemies within 5 feet. Not sure how that works in practice. Considering its only 1 slot though its fine to have on just for the characters that aren't in melee, but probably doesn't replace blur for those in melee.

The AI of this game is very predictable, you usually will not have a hard time baiting the AI to attack the guy who initiated the combat. That is why Protective Luck is so good.

Anyone know exactly how initiative works in real time? Does beating enemy initiative by more mean that the delay before they can act is greater? Does that also work for my own allies?

The AI of this game is very predictable, you usually will not have a hard time baiting the AI to attack the guy who initiated the combat. That is why Protective Luck is so good.

I mean I run at least 3-4 frontliners at basically all times and I want to chew through battles rather than manually spam protective luck every 6 seconds. For the very early game, talking prologue/Act 1, yeah I do that a lot. Can't imagine doing it all game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Doesn't life bubble work on Acid Cloud and Mind Fog? I know Delay Poison doesn't work on the latter after fighting those bug headed demons in Arleelu's lab.

Anyone know exactly how initiative works in real time? Does beating enemy initiative by more mean that the delay before they can act is greater? Does that also work for my own allies?
Enemies with lower initiative cannot act outside of moving and are considered flatfooted (feats not withstanding). Notice the little countdown timer above each character when a battle commences. What's a little fuzzy to me is the duration. My guess is that the worse your initiative roll is, the longer it takes before you can perform an action, up to a maximum of 6 seconds (1 round). It's enough for me to know that if my number is smaller, I get to act first and they are flatfooted.

My guess is that the worse your initiative roll is, the longer it takes before you can perform an action, up to a maximum of 6 seconds (1 round). It's enough for me to know that if my number is smaller, I get to act first and they are flatfooted.

That's my guess too. It would make stacking initiative better. If winning by e.g. only 1 point on the initiative roll means you only get 1/10th of a round advantage over the enemy then that's almost nothing and probably wasted just walking up to them. On the other hand stacking it really, really high on one character might be bad if it made your other characters actually act slower.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Looks like that was changed in a patch, used to not repopulate the marketplace.
It does not. However we're speaking about 2 minor groups + the Nabasu.

Nabasu Amulet is 7,500 GP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom