Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

I'm over 600K gold at this point, which is absurd. I hope I get to spend it soon.
Nope lol.

Buying mats to upgrade to towns (and constructing bldgs in them) can eat some of that gold.
No reason not to do something like 6-8 halls of strategy in Drezen + another 2 in a fortress. Cost goes exponential but if you clean out the act you'll get over a million gold and probably still have half of it left by the end.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Buying mats to upgrade to towns (and constructing bldgs in them) can eat some of that gold. You're going to need that infra for Ch 5. Ch4 has good items to buy too.

You can get M4 about halfway thru ch 3 if you want.
If you take it slow / metagame, you can hit MR4 before doing any serious Act 3 content on most paths. Just spend time crusading, making relic artifacts and building infrastructure.
However Aeon was pretty slow and needed to do Wintersun first AFAIR.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, I think I just have the Ivory sanctum to do and I'm still MR3. I don't know when I'll rank up with Aeon.
I did unlock that hovel the Aeon vision showed me, so maybe that's the rank up?

I really like Melies's role in the game, how he tries to lure you from the Aeon path. Most of the time the suggestions he gives are pretty logical and reasonable.
I also like how when you first meet Melies he wants permission to write contracts with your soldiers. Typical Devil Behavior.
I dunno if it's going to do anything though.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the optimal route if you're not skipping Tavern Defense? I've always skipped it.

Basically whatever, but clear Market Square first? What can you miss?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
What's the optimal route if you're not skipping Tavern Defense? I've always skipped it.

What I did was Rescue Ember -> Recruit or Kill Tieflings at Square -> Resolve Hulrun's Dispute -> Blackwing ->Cammy questline -> Party House -> Tower -> Woljif and then clear the rest of the square.
In restropect I should have done Daeran and Woljif earlier.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Just need to make sure to do the stuff that changes after Defense, including killing the Necromancer in Market Square.

I think its only Market Square and the library that changes and loses you content after the defense (EDIT: Maybe storyteller too)? Furthermore I think the only significant stuff is outdoors and won't include any of the toughest encounters so you don't have to worry about doing those before defense changes things, like succubus or the brimorak.

My route is tieflings->finnean->market->everything south of market->everything north of market (finish with storyteller who warps you back to tavern)->finish tieflings->then go do bosses in market and the succubus in irabeth residence (think that's the extent of all the hard fights?). You can theoretically get it all done before the tavern defense if you take zero or max 1 rest the first time through and can struggle to the end with health potions, then do 1 rest for each area with bosses, you can be getting tavern defense on the way back from finishing all content (which still means you should go back to market square because there's some new stuff to do).

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Just need to make sure to do the stuff that changes after Defense, including killing the Necromancer in Market Square.
Well that's the question, what changes after defense?

I mean, I usually did full clear, ending in Blackwing Library for the teleport to base, and then it's GG assault.

So now I can do the same, but instead of teleporting, I can rest spam and walk back, triggering the defense. This however seems like making things too hard on purpose, since you might as well rest before clearing everything.

- Market Square outside stuff all/almost all changes. Kill everything you can and do all of the quests that are available. I think you can avoid the life draining undead corner until after the defense, that's about the only real hard stuff here.
- The library I'm pretty sure changes (since they are assaulting the tavern), not sure how. Fairly easy to do if you can use stealth to avoid triggering the fight before you utilize both environmental hazards.
- Pretty sure storyteller changes but again that's easy to handle early.

I think everything else stays the same. The one quest that can be a little troublesome is the one that requires you to detect the invisible priest, if you fail your perception and don't have scrolls or spells to reveal him you might not get back in time before the defense and afterwards Hulrun is already doing his shit.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That necromancer gets replaced with a Nabasu after the defense, I think. I don't know if he still drops Dark Horn.
I do know that it's a rough early encounter - you have to fight a bunch of zombies (not so hard) and some Shadow Spirit things (much harder. Immune to physical damage, energy drain on hit).

The necromancer cultist himself isn't too difficult though.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
- Market Square outside stuff all/almost all changes. Kill everything you can and do all of the quests that are available. I think you can avoid the life draining undead corner until after the defense, that's about the only real hard stuff here.
- The library I'm pretty sure changes (since they are assaulting the tavern), not sure how. Fairly easy to do if you can use stealth to avoid triggering the fight before you utilize both environmental hazards.
- Pretty sure storyteller changes but again that's easy to handle early.

I think everything else stays the same. The one quest that can be a little troublesome is the one that requires you to detect the invisible priest, if you fail your perception and don't have scrolls or spells to reveal him you might not get back in time before the defense and afterwards Hulrun is already doing his shit.
I found that he reveals himself if you just get close enough. You may need a good perception stat.

The one annoying part about the necromancer is that he'll spam Blindness with a very high DC and if you don't have remove blindness ready that'll require time to remove, There's not really a way to get to him before he gets at least once cast off.

If you have finnean on someone and sic them on those Shadows you can usually snipe them before they do too much. Ideally either as a ranged or reach weapon and you can take a few out when they are still stuck behind the useless zombies in a choke point.

Desiderius

Patron

Parabalus

Arcane
There's not really a way to get to him before he gets at least once cast off.

There is.

If you have finnean on someone and sic them on those Shadows

Cam starts with Ghost Touch wep enchant. Good idea to grab Daeran first so he can Channel them as well.

what changes after defense?

The Tower
So clear Marketplace, Tower, port with Blackwing - that's it? Rest is the same after the defense?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

There is.

Cam starts with Ghost Touch wep enchant. Good idea to grab Daeran first so he can Channel them as well.

The Tower
So clear Marketplace, Tower, port with Blackwing - that's it? Rest is the same after the defense?
Basically. But I'd start with Woljif's quest and get Finnean and also get Daeran before the tower. Then Tower, Library, skip defense, do the rest.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

There is.

The Tower
Basically. But I'd start with Woljif's quest and get Finnean and also get Daeran before the tower. Then Tower, Library, skip defense, do the rest.
Tossing Finnean on Lann made clearing the marketplace much easier my last playthrough.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's the deal with DR currently? Supposedly it was nerfed to not stack, but not sure what does it mean in reality? Items not stacking with each other? Do items stack with class features, like invulnerable rager's DR? The last time I tried it most DR items seemed to not do anything, but it was before the nerf was announced so I assumed it's a bug.

Parabalus

Arcane

There is.

The Tower
But if you skip defense you don't get to visit marketplace 2.0 and kill the nabassu?

That's what I always did and I never saw it.

Desiderius

Patron
Tossing Finnean on Lann made clearing the marketplace much easier my last playthrough.

That's a good idea vs Shadows. Otherwise just make sure he's got Cold Iron ammo vs Demons (or you can get a +3 Bow if you hate fanfic).

Parabalus

Arcane
The Living Ram item gets x3 on a charge, so bonus from Spirited Charge feat, but also the bonus for charging with a spear - minor here, but an interesting bug, probably applies to a ton of other more impactful stuff.
But if you skip defense you don't get to visit marketplace 2.0 and kill the nabassu?
That is correct.
You can just rest spam after clearing everything, so there's no danger of skipping the defense unwittingly.

After tavern defense Marketplace is repopulated, but is there anything important there except the nabassu? No other areas change, can just wack the nabassu and go to GG?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That is correct.
You can just rest spam after clearing everything, so there's no danger of skipping the defense unwittingly.

After tavern defense Marketplace is repopulated, but is there anything important there except the nabassu? No other areas change, can just wack the nabassu and go to GG?
I don't remember what else changed, but there were new enemies (plagued horses, I think), maybe some rat swarms. I just went through the whole Market Square again, because why not? The most valuable is, for sure, the Nabasu.

Desiderius

Patron
The Living Ram item gets x3 on a charge, so bonus from Spirited Charge feat, but also the bonus for charging with a spear - minor here, but an interesting bug, probably applies to a ton of other more impactful stuff.
That is correct.

Swarms, horses, and a few minor demons maybe?

Free EXP if you need it to level before Garrison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom