Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The absolute irony of shittalking BG3 companions in a WotR thread.
Where... we regularly shittalk the Wrath companions.

Logic, how does it work?

The Californication spares no one.

Anyway, none of that is important. What's important is that the visuals for Incense Fog are still a shitty bright blue circle.
Does it even work yet?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I get the sense that more than one of the WotC companions are incels.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I kind of like Nenio. I mean she's a bit over the top and sure, can be annoying. But I like her.
I also like Woljif.
Ember is okay, I guess.
I respect what they did with CamCam. Wenduag... I'm not sure. But they made her different too, so that's something.
I don't mind Lann or Greybor much. Although seasoned assassin my ass.

Regill and Daeran are simply brilliant.

As for the rest...
AruAru is such a banal, obvious waifu bait.
Seelah... a loud and not really honourable, respectful or charsimatic negro paladin womyn... nuff said.
Sosiel on the other hand has all the personaly of a cardboard cutout...

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
What engine upgrade is this guy talking about? I can't find any info in the patch notes.
image.png
According to the devs it's because of a Unity version update. I easily believe this - Unity is ass and there are many situations where you need to recompile and replace the entire project because of some minor changes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I kind of like Nenio. I mean she's a bit over the top and sure, can be annoying. But I like her.
I also like Woljif.
Ember is okay, I guess.
I respect what they did with CamCam. Wenduag... I'm not sure. But they made her different too, so that's something.
I don't mind Lann or Greybor much. Although seasoned assassin my ass.

Regill and Daeran are simply brilliant.

As for the rest...
AruAru is such a banal, obvious waifu bait.
Seelah... a loud and not really honourable, respectful or charsimatic negro paladin womyn... nuff said.
Sosiel has all the personaly of a cardboard cutout...

Nenio is the worst piece of fucking shit I’ve ever encountered in a video game. She embodies every whedonish self-referential cutesy putesy 4th wall breaking “lit-student-trying-her-hand-at-writing”-crap bullshit trope that has rampaged through media for the last fifteen years. Everything meant to be clever is not, and everything meant to be meta is just eye-rollingly childish. She is the digitized avatar of everything terrible about modern pop culture writing

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Eh, Ember was a bit of Mary Sue with her bullshit Wololoo ability (really? She's the reason why Noct became the Redeemer Queen? Bugger off), so I can see why people dislike her.
Sosiel and Seelah are still pretty bland though. Seelah is a shit Paladin and Sosiel's romance path is cringe and way too easy to trigger.

Nenio only passes because she annoys the hell out of demon lords and that amuses me. Other than that she's pretty cringe too. I dunno why she's true Neutral when her antics are more Chaotic. But then again, Owlcat can't into alignment (which is a mediocre system anyway. For its faults, Pillars was onto something with that personality mechanic)

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
As somebody pointed out in the thread before, somehow the most insufferable companions are also the most viable for powergaming. So you always end up taking couple of them on the ride and spend every dialogue smashing space button as fast as possible to skip the cringe.

Yosharian

Arcane
As somebody pointed out in the thread before, somehow the most insufferable companions are also the most viable for powergaming. So you always end up taking couple of them on the ride and spend every dialogue smashing space button as fast as possible to skip the cringe.
/Laughs in Respec Mod

Reality is whatever I want it to be.

behead those who do not absolute abyss tier nenio

As bad as Nenio is, she HAS a personality. She gets a reaction out of me. Aru and Ember are literally textual diarrhea designed to be clicked though. Their voices add to this, at least Nenio displays emotion and sounds excited once in a while. Ember and Aru have the emotional depth of a teaspoon. Plus Nenio pisses off other party members once in a while.

If I had more tiers though then I'd rate Nenio somewhere between C and D there along with Sosiel.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I didn't mind Arue until the locking herself in horny jail scene, that kind of pandering feels like the writers are directly insulting me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom