Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jubilost is the only S-tier in the series

Last edited:
Easier to just do this:
If you don't mind me asking, why Harrim over Tristian? Tristian is the best healer in Kingmaker imo. Harrim is mediocre at everything.

S-tier is spot on, though. I'd also add Nok-Nok there.
I'm going purely by character, not builds.

Tristian is boring and then gets revealed to be a fucking angel and still manages to be boring somehow. Harrim has a relatively amusing shtick that fits with the universe and isn't out of place, what Nenio should have been rather than an over the top copy of Big Bang Theory.

Nok-Nok is a great character but I don't think he's quite good enough to be the top. It's kind of a low-effort archetype to write.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
How can you put Jubilost above Nenio? They both fill the same "annoying nerd" gap, but apart from Jubilost's voice actor being just a better actor, in terms of the writing Nenio is far more interesting.

Yosharian

Arcane
Tristian has some devastating lategame nuking potential and early game he can support exceptionally well with Blessing of the Faithful. And with mods you can get him to take the Glory domain which is just broken.

Harrim is just meme-tier by comparison with his janky aura and Touch of Chaos shenanigans

But these are actual mechanical considerations, pretty sure people are just talking about personality right now

How can you put Jubilost above Nenio? They both fill the same "annoying nerd" gap, but apart from Jubilost's voice actor being just a better actor, in terms of the writing Nenio is far more interesting.

Jubilost isn't an annoying nerd, he's just a nerd. He feels entirely in-place in Kingmaker as a guy who wants to be a part of building a kingdom, because that's the kind of ambition he can get behind. Nenio on the other hand does not have a single character trait, goal, or line that isn't designed to be an 11/10 autistic save-or-death assault to the fourth wall.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Jubilost isn't an annoying nerd, he's just a nerd. He feels entirely in-place in Kingmaker as a guy who wants to be a part of building a kingdom, because that's the kind of ambition he can get behind. Nenio on the other hand does not have a single character trait, goal, or line that isn't designed to be an 11/10 autistic save-or-death assault to the fourth wall.

That doesn't make him more interesting than her though.

skaraher

Prophet
behead those who do not absolute abyss tier nenio

As bad as Nenio is, she HAS a personality. She gets a reaction out of me. Aru and Ember are literally textual diarrhea designed to be clicked though. Their voices add to this, at least Nenio displays emotion and sounds excited once in a while. Ember and Aru have the emotional depth of a teaspoon. Plus Nenio pisses off other party members once in a while.

If I had more tiers though then I'd rate Nenio somewhere between C and D there along with Sosiel.
This.

Nenio is obnoxious, but it's acknowledged as obnoxious by the surrounding universe. Not nicely done and the jokes fall flat, but still better than the Waifu-bait anime mary sue of Ember and Arueshalae. Arueshalae romance dialogue is a cringefest and blatant pedobait.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nenio is a 100% chemically pure concentration of Whedonesque 'lol i'm so quirky" characters that populated all of the media of early 2000s. The only missing component is adding yyyy's to every adjective.

skaraher

Prophet
1690477014-sva3badp.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nenio's great. Perfect send up of the fucking love science crew (and at times the genre itself):

Nenio fing loves science.jpg

Zach shuts her down:

Zach pwns Nenio.jpg

Tree huggers get some:

NenioDaeranwriting.jpg

Bad puns:

Nenio.jpg

Gets in a good one of her own:

Nenio pwning Baph.jpg

Fuck everybody who can't take a joke.

Joyvankek

Learned
Those who hate romance in cRPGs are probably happy about these.
Both WotR and BG3 have not even a single female worth a damn.
WotR saving grace is the romance culmination as a lich, and you don't even need to worry about STDs you would get from the first two since you are already dead... Well undead.
Since Aru, which body count puts even Whore of Babylon to shame, won't give your PC some unless you commit.
Oh yes, I forgot, WotR females actually look femine. As opposed to california masculine nu-females.

Adeptus

Arcane
Developer
I liked that it game had romances with evil characters, who actually can stay evill all the time (or in the Arueashalae case, actually come back into evil because of the romance). Nearly always people assume that "romance with evil character = redemption arc" (probably it is because modern popculture treats as dogma silly, unrealistic assumption that romantic/erotic love is the greatest, purely positive force in whole universe or something). Thanks of rejecting this cliche WotR romances have at least a bit of originality.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
romance with evil character = redemption arc
Well if they did it like the Romans did that might in fact be closer to a thing. Alas they do not.

Just cleared the Last Sarkorians Act 3 map. Surprisingly its good.
Wintersun is great. Seems like that DLC came from the same people so should come as no surprise.

WotR did evil paths right
This is what Russian lit is for.

I'm surprised how people like Daeran. I had high hopes, but I find him kind of insufferable. Whereas in Kingmaker Jaethal was the bored, disaffected brand of too-cool edgelord, Daeran is the obnoxiously exuberant variety. I'm disappointed by Ember too. Clearly going for "lol-random", but not nearly as tedious as Daeran. Woljif is well written and exactly as advertised. He's a well embodied trope of the scamp/scoundrel. Sosiel is pure distilled pozzed--skip. Arushaelee is awifu bait like everyone says. I'm betting her evil path is more interesting. There is nothing likeable about Seelah. It's like they wanted a rough-and-tumble brosef, but then made her a current year black woman. It doesn't work. Camellia was well written, but she had to die. Nenio is a sperg. They accomplished that mission. I don't find it endearing. I cannot decide if this means it is well written. Greybor...who? I think Lann is actually OK. The character is just a pretty ordinary guy, mutant morlock status not-withstanding. He isn't a burden, and I like that. No idea about the spider woman. She died before I learned its name. As always, Regill is easily one of the best NPCs since ME1.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I think Lann is actually OK. The character is just a pretty ordinary guy, mutant morlock status not-withstanding. He isn't a burden, and I like that.
Did you complete Lann's questline? The final questline made me really dislike him.
Seriously, what a terribly written ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom