Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Rhobar121

Scholar
should i focus evocation from the start with a blaster build or go CC and then blaster with the help of mythic abilities?
Spell Focus does virtually nothing if you focus on ray spells.
You could go full eldritch knight to improve your hit chances and for a very good capstone

eldritch knight is for melee correct? i was thinking of a full wizard build, i remember from kingmaker that it was better to start with conjuration CC spells then use evocation.
with the mythic abilities that allow to bypass mob resistance to energy damage whould a mage focusing on evocation from the start be more viable? something like a crossbloded sorc.
Actually, it might as well be a full caster.
You actually lose one caster level in exchange for faster BAB progression which allows you to unlock some very good feats earlier. The improved critical itself does a lot.
Capstone is also quite good, as a demon you can cast ray spell 3x per round which practically massacres every enemy in this game that is worth it.
As a ray caster you don't have many caster feats that are actually good for you. You can, of course, invest in spell focus, but if you want to focus on ray spells, it won't help you much in the long run.
Even then it will only be 2 feats and you have enough of them.
I tested it as wizard10/eldritch knight10. I practically abandoned the wizard as soon as I unlocked haste, although you can do it earlier.
Surprisingly, apart from the first act where you are limited to snowball, the game was quite easy on Unfair.
All those problematic fights that start in act 4? Who cares (most of these enemies have shitty touch ac).
Of course you can do a more broken build but the same can be said for most builds.

ps. For some reason, Weapon Specialization: Ray doesn't work in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

Max Damage

Savant
For me the appeal of Eldritch Knight is being able to cast strong spells in the front line while also reaping the benefits of AoOs and being decent melee. Not the strongest spellcaster or damage dealer overall, but very good versatility. Some of the best spells are unfriendly cone/short range, being able to fire those off and mop up the remains feels good.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3788151013298003394?l=english

New archetypes in The Lord of Nothing DLC. Part 2
Greetings, Pathfinders!
We’re back with the second part of the article about the new archetypes in The Lord of Nothing DLC, which will be available on November 21st.
You can read the first part here: New arсhetypes, part 1
Please note that the localization of The Lord of Nothing DLC is not yet finished, and some archetype names and abilities may change in the final version.

Hunter: Tandem Executioner
Many hunters rely on spells, but there are those who avoid the help of divine forces for their own reasons. Through rigorous training with their animal companions, they hone their skills at stalking and destroying their prey. For these unscrupulous and cruel hunters, it doesn't matter who their target is: beast, human, or demon. Thanks to their bond with their pet, the Tandem Executioner possesses many unique battle tactics unavailable to other archetypes.
Defeat your enemies through hard training and the aid of a loyal friend!

9378761b582d64fd66b7c9aa95b1875ba4ce7384.jpg

Sorcerer: Geomancer
This is a unique archetype by our game designer Valeriy Kormanovskiy. He was inspired by a similar class in Final Fantasy Tactics whose abilities changed depending on the terrain where it was located. By adapting this concept to the mechanics of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, we developed the archetype Geomancer, who can use their blood to give their spells terrain-dependent enhancements. Utilizing terrain allows the Geomancer to not only deal extra damage and weaken enemies but also to heal and protect allies.
Sacrifice a drop of blood to summon the power of nature and unleash it upon your enemies!

26bf90d985b357bce6fb910753865ae110297ccb.jpg

Oracle: Dual-Cursed Oracle
Many oracles suffer from curses, but some bear a doubly heavy burden. Though the Dual-Cursed Oracle is doubly beset with difficulties, they have a deeper understanding of their nature and are thus able to manipulate fate.
This archetype’s curses also extend to their enemies: once per day, they can turn a critical success into a critical failure. For allies, this ability turns into a blessing: 1 on the die turns into 20 at the will of the Oracle.
When our developers played the tabletop version of Pathfinder, this skill often saved lives and decided the outcome of combat. Because of this, the Dual-Cursed Oracle was so beloved by the team that we decided to add it to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
Control your fate and manipulate your opponents’ luck — change the course of any battle!

a26d228d8d996b980061c4b7bea1f0affad364d8.jpg

Alchemist: Reanimator
The Reanimator is an alchemist who has discovered a way to give corpses a semblance of life.
The undead they raise receive bonuses to their stats as well as additional attacks, increasing their power many times over. Thanks to these features, this archetype is the perfect fit for the Mythic Path Lich!
Build an indomitable army of the undead on your path to greatness!

cc039a0908683f771de985e0cc1da28455bff9ba.jpg

Bloodrager: Hag-Riven
While not fully transformed into a hag, these maimed and scarred Bloodragers bear a deep hatred for evil witches. The Hag-Riven gain access to powerful magic fueled by even more powerful emotions.
This archetype is capable of growing magic claws and endowing them with the properties of indestructible magical weapons.
Let your hatred guide you and tear apart anyone who dares stand in your way!

62b0ba3026f97bbc70bbf7bdec023d2fddd89039.jpg

Rogue: Dark Lurker
The Dark Lurker uses shadows as their allies: shadows shelter them from their enemies and present no hindrance to them. By using their enemy's shadow to their advantage, this thief gains a bonus to their attack roll. At high levels, the Dark Lurker gains blindsight, and their strikes always find their target.
Since the game does not have a light-shadow mechanic, we've implemented this archetype’s bonuses through the "shadow" cast by a large creature standing nearby.
Slip between the shadows and hit your opponents with unexpected and precise attacks!

7a04ccd5c64bd0285d194599b27b851e0d240dc6.jpg

Barbarian: Flesheater
This archetype devours the flesh of its enemies, forming a spiritual bond with them. If the victim was a supernatural being (Fey, Dragon, Undead, Outsider, or Magical Beast), the Flesheater absorbs its special abilities and can use its essence to restore health. When enraged, this barbarian falls into an insane fury and takes large penalties - but if they are hungry and have not tasted the flesh of a supernatural creature for a day, they gain a bonus to attack and damage against them.
Crush their bones, cleave their muscles, consume their flesh – you'll go to any length to achieve your goals!

b933cd050646ef5d3bd9b3dbe0db0b1076540bd7.jpg

We can't wait to see your new builds and the ways you implement these archetypes. And we hope you're just as eager to try them out. See you in the Worldwound!

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hot damn. All of these sound pretty good. Please don't make me play this again. I don't have another 150hrs to spare on Wrath right now.

The EK class feature to quicken a spell after a critical hit is not very good. If you've scored a critical hit, the thing should basically be dead anyway. It might be useful in a large battle where you can DPS a boss then slap down additional CC or AoE for the mooks, but...meh. Unless you're playing easy mode or using Selective Metamagic, that probably won't work well. If you're going Trickster Mythic you can chase crits with ray spells, but it's not worth the effort. Best mileage out of its virtues is to focus on CC and dispelling, then attacking with weapons. The BAB boost is nice, but comes a bit late, so the CC is almost need to have rather than just nice to have. I agree that hanging out near the frontline for AoO is also ideal.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/ba...s/paizo-oracle-archetypes/dual-cursed-oracle/

Dual-Cursed Oracle: You gain a second curse that doesn't improve as you gain levels, and in return you get extra revelations at levels 5 and 13. The "Misfortune" and Fortune" revelations are added to your pool of mysteries to pick from. The first three spells granted by your mystery get replaced by ill omen, oracle’s burden, bestow curse.

Overall it looks a little stronger than the standard oracle unless you really needed those 1st-3rd level spells from your mystery. We already have a few do-nothing curses like Hellbound and Plagued which are commonly chosen, so you pick one more of those. The 5th level extra revelation is a nice power bump, and the one at 13th will be nice for your second mystery.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/ba...etypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/reanimator/

Reanimator Alchemist: Double nerf to bomb damage; your damage dice drop one size, and you lose out on increases to the number of dice at 7th, 13th, and 15th levels. So at 15th level your bombs are doing 5d4+INT rather than 8d6+INT. In return you get to add reanimation spells to your spell list at levels 7, 13, 15. Unlike in WOTR where summon spells typically last one round per level, these spells last until the undead dies.

Power level of this one is going to depend on how Owlcat ends up implementing the reanimation abilities. Note that as written, this is strictly worse than the base alchemist until level 7.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Last archetypes pretty meh, exept dual cursed oracle.
Hag bloodrager seems pretty bad, so the shadow rougue (unless it always works at night maybe...?).
The rest need to wait for definitive mechanics.

I still have a bit of hope maybe they will add some Devil content as a surprise...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I wonder if they focused more on the new archetypes or the new feats being broken. This dlc took a long time though, so maybe they did go the extra mile and achieved both.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I wonder if they focused more on the new archetypes or the new feats being broken. This dlc took a long time though, so maybe they did go the extra mile and achieved both.
This time around is going to be Mythic Abilities and feats that don't work.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Cliff notes of the livestream from reddit:

• Quasi-mythic powers called shard boons
    • 3 levels, each level gain a new ability (choice), a penalty, and a bonus
    • Ice Coating - Tmp HP per shards each round (Choice taken at 1st)
    • Ominous Appearance - Diplomacy penalty per shards
    • Cursed Energy Resistance - Energy Resistance per shards
    • Cursed Spell Resistance - Spell resistance penalty (2nd)
    • Clouded Mind - Saving throw penalty (2nd)
    • Cursed Might - Profane bonus to stats (3rd)
    • Distrust of Fellows - Complicated, penalties on being near others with shards (3rd)
    • Choice at every shard level
  • DLC goes from 6th to 10th or 11th level
  • 4 completely new locations
  • Exp a mix of milestones and normal
  • Respec available in DLC
  • Can hear Penta's voice around 20 min in the stream
  • I think I saw Stahlmer on the edge of the ice realm near the portal, at least the character there had wings
  • Numerian companion is a unique Bard archetype for Penta that uses Int for bard spells
  • Too much to cover everything for the new archetypes as they are showing new abilities and removed abilities, so I'm giving approximate time codes
    • 25:00 - Reanimator (Alchemist)
    • 27:30 - Flesheater (Barbarian)
    • 30:50 - Hag Riven (Bloodrager)
    • 31:40 - Ghost Rider (Cavelier)
    • 32:50 - Separatist (Cleric)
    • 34:30 - Weretouched (Shifter)
    • 36:20 - Tortured Crusader (Paladin)
    • 38:00 Prophet of Pestilence (Shaman)
    • 39:20 Hag of Gyronna (Witch)
    • 58:30 Geomancer (Sorcerer)
    • 1:01:00 Tandem Executioner (Hunter)
    • 1:22:30 Dark Lurker (Rogue)
  • 50-60 new icons
  • New portraits for new animal companions
  • Dragonblood shifter being buffed in a future patch (they say next, but I'm not sure which next they mean)
  • 40:00 Show the Night Hag for Hag of Gyronna including portrait and some new animations
  • 800+ fixes in 2.2
  • Hag is a spellcasting "animal" companion
  • New mythic feats do not require DLC
  • 9 mythic armor focus feats, around min 43 they are shown
  • Shield focus feats shown around min 44
  • Mythic abilities to increase poison, spellstrike, explosives, bard song boosts, and others
  • Assassin rebuilt (shown around 47:45), can now be neutral
  • No flute for Penta in game, just for portrait
  • Additional Penta lines at 52:00
  • DLC2 stuff transfers
  • You can play DLC5 without playing DLC2
  • Chapter 5 quest for Commander
  • 1:00:00 - They seem to be wrapping up, and I am out because I have a work call. XD
  • 1:05:00 - I'm back, short call Updated with stuff from what I missed
  • DLC6 is very romantic (focused on romantic characters?)
  • DLC6 is in pre-production, no release date available. They are (tentatively) guessing first half of 2024
  • Ghost horse counts as animal companion, dev not immediately sure on Hag in all contexts
  • Cannot mount night hag by default due to size (maybe if you are small?)
  • Starrok has forgotten how to play. XD
  • Can saddle night hag when legendary proportions is cast on her
  • 6 is most likely the last DLC
  • Still open to returning to Pathfinder, but no current plans
  • No story changes to late mythics in 2.2
  • No promise, but at least one dev is considering new archetypes for DLC6. Starrok now probably wants to stab him since people will inevitably take this as a promise. :P
  • DLC6 is focused on companions and interacting with them
No current plans for Pathfinder makes it sound like Owlcat is done with Pathfinder for the foreseeable future, since now would be the time to create plans for the next Pathfinder game if they want to release one in a next few years.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This time around is going to be Mythic Abilities and feats that don't work.
Well, stuff that was working for a long time getting borked and some old bugs getting second life like it was a c-tier zombie flick are both so much of a given that they're not even worth putting in the release press kit.

Mythic abilities.

Armor feats look pretty good to great. I like how all 3 armor types have their unique feats, I was kind of expecting them to just add archmage armor for worn armor and leave it at that. The buckler ability to give your buckler AC to everyone within 15 feet looks stupidly good. Other shield mythics look kind of crap.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The Tower DR stacks (and all DR precedes Unfair damage doubling). What's the Heavy ability?

STR/2 to Heavy Armor AC no limit instead of DEX is pretty great. Better than Archmage.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Too much to cover everything for the new archetypes as they are showing new abilities and removed abilities, so I'm giving approximate time codes
  • 25:00 - Reanimator (Alchemist)
  • 27:30 - Flesheater (Barbarian)
  • 30:50 - Hag Riven (Bloodrager)
  • 31:40 - Ghost Rider (Cavelier)
  • 32:50 - Separatist (Cleric)
  • 34:30 - Weretouched (Shifter)
  • 36:20 - Tortured Crusader (Paladin)
  • 38:00 Prophet of Pestilence (Shaman)
  • 39:20 Hag of Gyronna (Witch)
  • 58:30 Geomancer (Sorcerer)
  • 1:01:00 Tandem Executioner (Hunter)
  • 1:22:30 Dark Lurker (Rogue)

Did they showed shadowcaster?

Adn the new Druid subclass?

Efe

Erudite
It also needs more classes
and races and subraces and feats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom