Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Yestday i got to talk with one of the Demon lords that Nocticula killed, Alinythia , and discover that Midnight bolts actually drain someone's Will to live.

This game is box full of surprise even after 3 playthoguhts..

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I think a fix for too much XP would be to remove the first set of islands from the Midnight Island DLC. Just let the ones you can get in chapter IV and V.

This won't fix the encounter design and it will still be a slog,
Anyway that DLC (campaign mode) is a disaster, I don't think anyone found it enjoyable, not sure why they dropped the ball so much.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I think a fix for too much XP would be to remove the first set of islands from the Midnight Island DLC. Just let the ones you can get in chapter IV and V.

Anyway that DLC (campaign mode) is a disaster, I don't think anyone found it enjoyable, not sure why they dropped the ball so much.
The only good DLC they created for the game was the last sarkorians

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Because they were all working on Rogue Trader

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder what the Standard single attack Action of the Weretouched werewolf will be: claws... or tripping bite?

Last edited:

Yuber

Educated
Does this game has woke content?
And if I did not like the kingdom management in the first game, can I still like this one?

Rhobar121

Scholar
And if I did not like the kingdom management in the first game, can I still like this one?
1. Yes
2. If you don't mind a boring and pointless filler whose only function is to prolong an already long game. The only advantage is that you can't lose the campaign because of it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
1. Yes
2. If you don't mind a boring and pointless filler whose only function is to prolong an already long game. The only advantage is that you can't lose the campaign because of it.
Just tell him it's great and then he'll take the time to figure it out and enjoy it if for nothing else to fit in with the crowd that likes it. Now he's going to try to hate it and not take the time (unlike KM there's a good tutorial here) to figure it out and so suck at it so hate it more.

What's the point?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Considering that combat takes up most of the playtime in this game, yeah, Mythic Powers's problems become exacerbated compared to most other issues. Kingmaker has a lot in common with WoTR, yet seems to (generally) be regarded in a more positive light.
Really now? On what grounds?

Place a level cap on a chapter per chapter basis.
Maybe a mod can do this. Having it implemented in a game as big as any of the Pathfinders would feel wrong.

It does have woke content but for me at least it was easy to skip by. Tho once you notice it you'll probably start looking for more of it. Kingdom management is replaced with Crusader management and it's not present in every chapter. It's also toned down to bearable amounts.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd imagine balance wasn't any kind of priority during development of either Kingmaker or WotR, otherwise they wouldn't have been such nightmare games that haunt me.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Define woke? Is someone pushing a agenda or just minority existing? There's Anevia and Irabeth thing that you can avoid (and honestly, i only got to know about their ''secret'' in my second run), there's a few gay and bissexual characters and.. that's about it.

The kingdom/crusade part of the game exist and it isn't much better , but if you play on PC just download a mod to auto win all battle and it's barely going to be a thing.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yes, and yes it has shitty crusade mode that is exactly like kingdom management

However, if you turn the crusade to auto mode, and pick the best companions, there's a lot of enjoyment to be had here

Unfortunately there's a lot of filler content too, so you have to take the rough with the smooth with this game

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Crusade mode is several degree worse than kingdom management.
Kingdom management is inoffensive dice rolling optimisation, crusade rule are arcane BS that everyone end up inevitably ignoring.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

The only good DLC they created for the game was the last sarkorians

Well I just played it once, but I feel the broken items it gives as a reward (the spell immunity belt?) are a bit too much, also considering the reward for doing the other companions quests...
Personally I feel it was the least bad, wouldn't call it good.
The twins DLC in kingmaker was done better IMHO, also I don't personally like shifter as a class too much.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Crusade mode is several degree worse than kingdom management.
Kingdom management is inoffensive dice rolling optimisation, crusade rule are arcane BS that everyone end up inevitably ignoring.

Kingdom management was fine....... until they started ramping up the difficulty and making the dice rolls ridiculous in latter acts. Then it becomes an exercise in frustration. Similarly Crusade mode is fine if you just use Chief Ageboya and Setsuna Shy. Cause they make Crusade mode easy mode.

Last edited:
Both of the games' overworld mechanics reek of a designer that wanted to do something but was too afraid that players wouldn't like it and so made it easier and simpler at every turn. But WotR moreso than Kingmaker.

Yuber

Educated
Yeah I read that there is a PS5 Version coming Q1 2024 so I will just wait a little longer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom