Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

You're not trying to understand anything. You're trying to rationalize throwing up your hands
Jesus Christ, how do you turn this autistic fucker off.
I'm not joinging your shouting contest, you moron.

That aside, it may not have been the MOST min-maxed thin in existence but I didn't think there was anything particularly awful about my Sword Saint main.
What is supposed to be in dire urge of a respec about it?

Yosharian

Arcane

That aside, it may not have been the MOST min-maxed thin in existence but I didn't think there was anything particularly awful about my Sword Saint main.
Pretty much everything.

Gonna try again now having changed what I can change without access to respec, should be ok but we'll see

Will record and upload to YT

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You're not trying to understand anything. You're trying to rationalize throwing up your hands

If you'd cast some spells and use some abilities you'd be fine.

*You don't need to min-max at all*

Why are you getting mad at me? I'm telling you you don't have to change what you're doing, you just have to use the abilities and spells you already have.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Pretty much everything.

Gonna try again now having changed what I can change without access to respec, should be ok but we'll see

"Everything" is a Desiderius-tier non-answer, though.
What wrong feats I took, exactly? And with what I should have replaced them?

I mean, aside for the fact that I deliberately refused to go multiclass, I pretty much built it like most guides suggest to build one.
And I'm talking strictly about the basic class here, Mythic ranks not included since I already realized that the magus doesn't seem to synergize particularly strongly with the Azata path.

Desiderius

Patron
I've given you three different lists of specifics now.

You also have... a spellbook with specifics already in it. Can someone explain WTF is going on here? Is Tuco Benedicto Pacifico mentally ill?

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok I beat him, played SUPER lazy too with plenty of mistakes

uploading now

main points:

1) Increase Sosiel's WIS using spell
2) Cast Prayer (luck)
3) Cast Greater Heroism (morale)
4) Meal (Curse Pilaff)
5) Increase Seelah's CHA using spell
6) Ensure Flanking
7) Equip Ring of Evasion on MC
8) Equip Cloak of Protection on MC
9) Increase Lann's DEX using spell

also changed your spell selection a lot, it was kind of ass

Yosharian

Arcane
Pretty much everything.

"Everything" is a Desiderius-tier non-answer, though.
What wrong feats I took, exactly? And with what I should have replaced them?

I mean, aside for the fact that I deliberately refused to go multiclass, I pretty much built it like most guides suggest to build one.
And I'm talking strictly about the basic class here, Mythic ranks not included since I already realized that the magus doesn't seem to synergize particularly strongly with the Azata path.
I already told you what's wrong with it, not enough AB and AC

Life-Bonding Friendship is also a pretty trash pick for a martial Azata

Also you didn't answer my question, where the fuck is Finnean??

You keep NOT telling me which spells I should use OR wrongly assume I didn't use the ones I did just because I shared ONE screenshot where I wasn't stacking everything in existence.

Equipped by one of the two archers in the form of a longbow, if I rembeer right?

Yosharian

Arcane
You keep NOT telling me which spells I should use OR wrongly assume I didn't use the one I did just because I shared ONE screenshot where I wasn't stacking everything in existence.

Equipped by one of the two archers in the form of a longbow, if I rembeer right?
I'm pretty sure neither of your archers are using it

Fight would have been a hell of a lot easier if Lann had it equipped lmao

Honestly the biggest one is not using Greater Heroism.
But I DID, as I already stated in a previous reply. On two differenct characters (SS and Sheila). The latter also in greater angelic form or whatever the fuck it was called.

That savestate is NOT how I did the fight, by the way. I sent you the one before selecting spells and doing my pre-fight rest PRECISELY to leave you all the room to make choices.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I just realised I forgot to cast Prayer lmao

Also I cast Inspiring Command really late because I accidentally skipped Sosiels turn early on

Also also, fuck this stupid game the way it lets me cast Heal at range and then LOL NOPE YOU CAN'T CAST IT NOW you have to manually get close then cast it or the stupid game bugs out

Desiderius

Patron
You keep NOT telling me which spells I should use OR wrongly assume I didn't use the ones I did just because I shared ONE screenshot where I wasn't stacking everything in existence.

Not only won't you read your spellbook, you won't even read forum posts evidently.

You do whine for more nerfs by repeating fallcious memes that will further ruin the game which is why I'm yelling at you.

I never asked for a single "nerf" about anything, but ok.

I just pointed in several occasions how the encounter design in this game is almost comically over-tuned and constantly goes out of its way to chastise the player that doesn't do enough min-maxing.
And your answer to it has been a bunch of posts that can be summarized in "relentless ranting" about how using MERELY a half dozen buffs is nowhere near enough and I should totally stack at least twelve-twenty of them to be in the correct ballpark.
Which, even if you seem to fail to realize it, is basically a confirmation of the original point.

Desiderius

Patron
I never asked for a single "nerf" about anything, but ok.

I just pointed in several occasions how the encounter design in this game is almost comically over-tuned and constantly goes out of its way to chastise the player that doesn't do enough min-maxing.
And your answer to it has been a bunch of posts that can be summarized in "relentless ranting" about how using MERELY a half dozen buffs is nowhere near enough and I should totally stack at least twelve-twenty of them to be in the correct ballpark.
Which, even if you seem to fail to realize it, is basically a confirmation of the original point.

It. Isn’t. Overtuned.

You. Suck.

Desiderius

Patron
I specifically said at one point that three long-lasting buffs and two boss fight buffs are all you need to get to 75% to hit doing nothing else. Which is simply the basics of competent play.

The list (23? more like 7) was to explain the other lines in the combat log so people wouldn’t lose their shit, which of course you did anyway because you’re a miserable phaggot.

You’re desperate to validate this stupid meme that already got the game nerfed into oblivion, so you make shit up that has no correspondence to reality.

Here we are again, people.

In this thread:
"The game is not over-tuned in the slightest"

and ALSO. at the same time:

"Your Main Character (who went out of his way to complete all possible content in the game un to this point -so he's decidedly not starved for exp or items- and that was built according to some allegedly solid principles on how to level up someone in the same class) is UNSALVAGEABLE GARBAGE and it's weird that you made it so far".

Yeah, these are all the hallmarks of forgiving encounter design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom