Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this game all a linear combat fest? Played a couple of hours and so far its just linear path, a couple of gay story lines and more combats using buffs while collecting piles and piles of loot. Is the entire game this way?
No. It's somewhat linear in chapter 1 (you can hit locations in Kenabres mostly in any order before the final assault on the citadel, you just have to go through the market square). Mostly linear in chapter 2. Nonlinear in chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Hmm, I dont know if I can take 2 entire chapters of this. For now, gonna play something else.
Note that while the Act 2 structure is rather linear... and you do need to follow a certain path/road to reach your ultimate destination, with 2 major roadblocks to overcome, you do gain some freedom what side locations to explore - and in what order. So there is some illusion of freedom at least.

Yosharian

Arcane
Honestly with a few exceptions I really preferred the more linear chapters. Although that might have more to do with the execrable crusade minigames ruining the open world chapters, more than anything else... but I also found a lot of the open world content to be boring filler that challenged my will to continue playing.

But anyway there were several times where I just wished the game was a hell of a lot more linear

scytheavatar

Scholar
This is one of the things Kingmaker did much better than WOTR IMHO, exploring the Stolen Lands was simply far more fun and interesting than exploring the Worldwound. Being able to fight mostly demons with some undead now and then is extremely limiting and makes it hard to create interesting places to explore.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
This is one of the things Kingmaker did much better than WOTR IMHO, exploring the Stolen Lands was simply far more fun and interesting than exploring the Worldwound. Being able to fight mostly demons with some undead now and then is extremely limiting and makes it hard to create interesting places to explore.

Some more things. The level design and henchmen in KM are better (minus the cuck and whore henchmen) everyone fondly remembers Jaethal and Jubilost. Everyone on Wotr is some shade of retard or faggot.

Also I could easily beat KM on hard but WoTR just doesn't click for me. Even though they say the angel oracle is stronger now I just feel it is gutted.

Vatnik Wumao
Yeah heaven forbid players might want to not make a bleak hellscape of their fantasy worlds, those fucking cucks
This, but unironically))
36b8a15a5c59c03c65461d203d3b910f.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
I struggle to find Harrim compelling, his motives for worshipping Groetus just seem shallow and petulant

'My life was difficult so I became a nihilist' just doesn't grab me, he comes off as an emo cunt

A lot of these characters* probably get better later tbf, I just haven't gotten that far with them

*Not Amiri

Can't Angel cast level 7 soells
Honestly with a few exceptions I really preferred the more linear chapters. Although that might have more to do with the execrable crusade minigames ruining the open world chapters, more than anything else... but I also found a lot of the open world content to be boring filler that challenged my will to continue playing.

But anyway there were several times where I just wished the game was a hell of a lot more linear
I'm inclined to agree about WotR. There weren't many optional areas that really stuck out. Finding places on the overland map didn't have the same interest as in Kingmaker. I think the Dragon Hunt and Wintersun were the most memorable optional content. Perhaps also the dungeon where you can save The Hand of the Inheritor. Most of what comes up in my memory of the game were the plot dungeons and areas, like The Lost Chapel, Drezen, Midnight Fane, Areelu's Lab, and the labyrinth..

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I struggle to find Harrim compelling, his motives for worshipping Groetus just seem shallow and petulant

'My life was difficult so I became a nihilist' just doesn't grab me, he comes off as an emo cunt

A lot of these characters* probably get better later tbf, I just haven't gotten that far with them

*Not Amiri
He is just typical nihilistic slav doomer.

frajaq

Erudite
Did Archmage Armor Mythic ability change? I swear it used to work with crafteable potions, but it doesnt for me anymore on my Sword Saint, I just get +4 AC

MjKorz

Educated
Did Archmage Armor Mythic ability change? I swear it used to work with crafteable potions, but it doesnt for me anymore on my Sword Saint, I just get +4 AC
Yes, it was specifically nerfed to work only with Mage Armor that is self-cast as a spell.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Is this game all a linear combat fest? Played a couple of hours and so far its just linear path, a couple of gay story lines and more combats using buffs while collecting piles and piles of loot. Is the entire game this way?
No. It's somewhat linear in chapter 1 (you can hit locations in Kenabres mostly in any order before the final assault on the citadel, you just have to go through the market square). Mostly linear in chapter 2. Nonlinear in chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Hmm, I dont know if I can take 2 entire chapters of this. For now, gonna play something else.
Note that while the Act 2 structure is rather linear... and you do need to follow a certain path/road to reach your ultimate destination, with 2 major roadblocks to overcome, you do gain some freedom what side locations to explore - and in what order. So there is some illusion of freedom at least.
Hmm, thanks. I might get back to the game eventually, but I have lots of games to play and I was pretty bored with the first few hours.

Yosharian

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Yes, it was specifically nerfed to work only with Mage Armor that is self-cast as a spell.
that kinda blows since I'm on Core and I can't respec lmao
Um just change the setting
Is that something that Desiderius would approve of tho? :M

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’m on record as recommending starting the game at your aptitude level and adjusting difficulty with your level of mastery.

I play on Core myself before going to Hard when the Mythic Path starts because I’m old and forget too much shit now.

As usual the picture you’ve created in your mind is the opposite of the real. Might want to have that checked on.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
To protect people from themselves since it usually sucks. Saint isn’t a great fit for Wrath anyway but if you feel like you have to it’s not bad there for 3rd Mythic ability. Can get Mage Armor from Spell Shaping or that late game ability that gives you several spells from Wiz book

I like Battlemage now that it’s working but there’s a Medium that gives extra damage per die that’s good on the other archetypes.

Vatnik Wumao
As usual the picture you’ve created in your mind is the opposite of the real. Might want to have that checked on.
It's just a humorous shitpost, brah.
And my occasional mentioning of you in Owlcat-related threads is my way of acknowledging your passion and constructive engagement on the topic if anything. :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom