Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I like to make use of the resources afforded to me.

Irabeth has an army right there. Let them fight. Keeping the archers alive on the rooftop is enough to occupy meleers.

Grease sucks ass and Selective Grease is cheating while sucking ass. TTT doesn't allow it.

I use spells that come with Selective as God intended or Difficult Terrain with Mass Feather. Why use meta on shitty spells when I can simply use better spells?

MjKorz

Educated
I like to make use of the resources afforded to me.

Irabeth has an army right there. Let them fight.

Grease sucks ass and Selective Grease is cheating while sucking ass. TTT doesn't allow it.

I use spells that come with Selective as God intended or Difficult Terrain with Mass Feather. Why use meta on shitty spells when I can simply use better spells?
That's a cheat.

Desiderius

Patron
Charge worked fine on Seelah in Unfair run, and of course in RT you can just zerg. Been bugging out with Lizard pet for some reason sometimes.

Sure, I guess demonslayer sucks if you're cheating to give all its abilities to every ranger.

That's one way to look at it.

I'm playing Tabletop, where Outsiders is one of the choices. I understand why they split it (and pretty much alone defended that choice) but thought it had been reverted to Tabletop in vanilla.

I'd still probably choose a different Archetype even if it were split because pretty boring to just exploit the setting. Similar with Mark of Justice. Can see it the other way too. Sort of.

I prefer the tactical options of Sable/Nomad or the skill dominance of Espionage. (Did notice that Sable Griff wasn't as dominant STR-wise in early mid-levels, but was fine on Core/Hard. Might have been a problem on Unfair but there are always solutions.)

The Lightning one would probably be fun if underpowered.

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
Why bother with tavern defence at all, when you can avoid it completelly if you're fast enough and don't rest more than once?

MjKorz

Educated
Why bother with tavern defence at all, when you can avoid it completelly if you're fast enough and don't rest more than once?
If you skip the Nabasu fight in the market square that becomes available only after successful tavern defense, you didn't beat the game.

Aarwolf

Learned
If you skip the Nabasu fight in the market square that becomes available only after successful tavern defense, you didn't beat the game.

Yeah, and that means I have to do it every time? How about no?

Desiderius

Patron
Nabasu Amulet is pretty good and sells for 7,500 gold if you don't want to use it.

That's relevant at that point in the game to pick up items that aren't available after Grey Garrison.

volklore

Arcane
Are mithral armors considered 1 category lower for the purpose of mythic armor focus feats ? What about armor focus feats ?
According the text it is stated that heavy = medium, medium =light and light=light for the purpose of movement and ''other limitations'' which I am not sure includes feats and mythic feats.

volklore

Arcane
IIRC they do not. For purposes of Proficiencies they don't.
Hmm there seems to be a bug. I found some contradictory threads on steam/reddit with people saying mithral heavy armor doesn't benefit from mythic heavy armor focus feat for example. Might have gotten patched since then. I will test it personally when I get to M2.

I recall hearing it worked one way and got patched to work the other way. According to the rules as written it should work so that heavy is still heavy, your mythic feats are not a "limitation".

Yosharian

Arcane
Are mithral armors considered 1 category lower for the purpose of mythic armor focus feats ? What about armor focus feats ?
According the text it is stated that heavy = medium, medium =light and light=light for the purpose of movement and ''other limitations'' which I am not sure includes feats and mythic feats.
Only when it's a penalty

When it would benefit you in any way, it will not be considered the armour type you want it to be

skaraher

Prophet

Desiderius

Patron
It’s like half a normal game on its own.

The reward just isn’t there for the effort. Should be able to get a rare ability or something like capturing elite skills in Guild Wars from out of the way bosses.

MjKorz

Educated
The reward just isn’t there for the effort.
Goggles of Mind Control grant +2 DC for all mind-affecting spells which include both Illusion and Enchantment. Considering that Nenio is an illusionist fox (Illusion bonus spell slots + Kitsune Magic), they are very worth the run.

Also, you get to remind Nenio that she almost had sex :smug:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Goggles of Mind Control grant +2 DC for all mind-affecting spells which include both Illusion and Enchantment. Considering that Nenio is an illusionist fox (Illusion bonus spell slots + Kitsune Magic), they are very worth the run.

By the point you finish the dungeon there is barely any shit that would need that +2DC unless you want to go for DLC1

MjKorz

Educated
By the point you finish the dungeon there is barely any shit that would need that +2DC unless you want to go for DLC1
There's actually quite a few additional things to do in Chapter 5 with all the DLCs now: Sithhud's dungeon, Midnight Isles, Kenabres festival. You can rush Ineluctable Prison early in chapter 5 (even before Iz), get the mask then go straight to Enigma and get the goggles. While they're not that important for a min-maxed main character DC caster due to abundance of MC-exclusive spell DC and/or main casting stat buffs, they are extremely nice on Nenio herself. Then you can enjoy the rest of the chapter 5 which isn't that short anymore.

Yeah, and that means I have to do it every time?
Correct. Same way you have to do Nenio's dungeon every time. Otherwise, you didn't beat the game.
Nenio's dungeon is an acquired taste. I hated it on my first character and loved it on my third. :balance:
I do it every run, it's the most atmospheric dungeon in the game:

:balance: :mca:

Love the dungeons aesthetics and music but awful playing experience specifically the bad puzzle design. Doesn’t help that I find Nenio insufferable and her idea of being smart is a Big bang character.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's actually quite a few additional things to do in Chapter 5 with all the DLCs now: Sithhud's dungeon, Midnight Isles, Kenabres festival. You can rush Ineluctable Prison early in chapter 5 (even before Iz), get the mask then go straight to Enigma and get the goggles. While they're not that important for a min-maxed main character DC caster due to abundance of MC-exclusive spell DC and/or main casting stat buffs, they are extremely nice on Nenio herself. Then you can enjoy the rest of the chapter 5 which isn't that short anymore.
yeah I guess there content now for Chapter 5 for the DLC. I really should get around playing again with all the DLC and Mods

But imagining doing the whole Chapter 4 camera puzzle and repetitive enemies from Chapter 4 onwards just sap any energy for me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom