Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The fuck do I care that Bad Thing was also advertised as bad

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think this DLCs ship navigation minigame is a prototype for their 40K game.
Wii there be Mythic levels in this DLC or good'ol fashined "normal" levelling?
Advertisement blurb says there will by Mythics. I would not buy it if there was not any. In that case we might as well play Kingmaker dungeon.

RunningWolf

Learned
What do you guys think about Scald MC? It seems to be not popular.
Looks very good early game due to giving pets a bite and two claw attacks. You also rack up quite a lot of personal xp with thousands of knowledge and lore checks in game.
Great mid game with pounce on everyone. With mirror image, displacement and greater invis you're decently safe, even if you cant tank for shit.
And silly late on Trickster or Trickster->Legend(critting Skald on a horse with Gendarme capstone for example). Partywide permahaste at 20 is comfy too.

Why no Skald MC?

RunningWolf

Learned
What does BFT gives you before it goes legend tho? +2 enhancement to stat is measly compared to +3 attacks on every animal companion, a bite on everyone else, pounce, scaling stacking natural armor/competence ab bonus, as well as addition source of AoO from crits... And i didn't even mention inspire rage itself.
BFT is great, but act 1-2 its poop. Early game you need to ooga booga through Kenabres and Drezen. And it what Skald excels at. I like my MC to be strong as early as possible.

If you think about Skald in terms of all those additional attacks and bonuses he gives not as the damage of his companions, but as his personal damage, Skald a single most damaging class early game, given the right party. Just 2 animal companions combined get 6 attacks from him.

Yosharian

Arcane
BFT gives your allies up to 40 BAB when you go Legend

Companion Skald can do more or less the same as an MC Skald, not a great class for an MC

Of course anything can work, we are just talking what's optimal

Don't forget that a BFT can also give allies stuff like Frightful Aspect, Ice Body, Echolocation, and many other useful spells

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
when you go Legend
I remind you that its mythic rank 8. Most of the game is over at that point. All of the hard content especially. Not my cup of tea.
Yes, I know that. A BFT is still a 9th-level caster. A Vivisectionist is still an extremely good support/damage dealer/tank hybrid.

These classes have a lot more to offer than just their Legend gimmicks.

Skald is just a support Bardbarian. It's 'fine' but hardly on the level of these two other classes. And you gain very little from using the class for your MC. Just make Seelah into one.

Or do whatever the fuck you want! I am just talking from an optimization perspective

Yosharian

Arcane
Vanilla, no exploits, no Dragonkind III. Was posted in Discord

Stronk.jpg

Note that Onslaught is 1-round only ability so this figure is a little misleading, but mostly its legit.

If you took Profane Ascension (Nocticula's gift) you could get an additional +2 without having to use the head slot for Shy Lily's Helmet.

RunningWolf

Learned
Another advantage of the Skald is that unlike in PnP you have total control on the builds and number of melees in the party. Its makes much more sense to create a party around Skald MC instead of Skald merc.

There's no single class feature in this game that can give you the damage equivalent of 9 attacks you will get from 3 buffed animal companions each round every round, for example. Especially if you go all in on AoO and crit, which is perfect for Skald. Barbarian or cant even dream of it.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm starting yet another attempt at this game, at best I managed to crawl up to Drezen before dropping out of boredom. I noticed that they have added a fuckton of voice acting, I wonder what the fuck for, considering that most of the text clearly wasn't written with VA in mind (I die of cringe every second or third brilliant word-spasm). I'm rolling with a paladin, let's see how this goes.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I've decided to return to the game after a rather long break break. I'm almost at the finale, I want to finish it.
Welp. Crusade management events are missing descriptions and Wenduag's wolf is only running sideways.
We're off to a good start.

9sz1s7q0at691.jpg

Vermillion

Educated
I've decided to return to the game after a rather long break break. I'm almost at the finale, I want to finish it.
Welp. Crusade management events are missing descriptions and Wenduag's wolf is only running sideways.
We're off to a good start.

9sz1s7q0at691.jpg
Small Cypress company, please understand.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
no way there's gonna be a 'season 2 pass' worth of dlcs between august 11th and september 29th right

so uh.. the enhanced edition ain't gonna be the final version of the game

Looks like I’ll have to postpone my run once again, lol.

Any details about what the enhanced edition will entail? Will they actually fix Mythic paths and such? There are suspiciously few details about it in the release notes.

Delterius

Arcane
Any details about what the enhanced edition will entail? Will they actually fix Mythic paths and such? There are suspiciously few details about it in the release notes.
The only thing I read about is more content for late game paths. I'm hoping there's some mechanical overhauls for every path the way they did it for Aeon, but I think it might be mostly QoL and content.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It will never get fixed just like kingmaker.Retards at IGN were accidentally right game feels and play like very bad DM.Negative levels drain blindness and stat damage against 3 lvl party nice.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I legit had to restart kingmaker 2 times waiting updates due to broken mid-late game.

Is WOTR safe to play now? Oh god this is MELTING my mid range pc, HOW.
This summer is fucking hell, i can't play shit.

Yosharian

Arcane
Kingmaker is pretty good now :smug:

Although fuck me the game is long, and they Kingdom Management is horrible

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom