Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
> Seems like all the new archetypes are intentionally busted so people get tempted to start a new run and potentially get the DLC.

Are they though?
Sable Marine really good as 1 or 3 dip to get a flying attack (especialy good once the hot fix let you use Mythic charge and other charge feats/abilities)

Bloodseeker okay as full class. Good as a 2 level dip for a extra bite attack.

Drunken Master. Good level 20 class.

Magic deceiver idk.. seems good with Azata Zip magic.

Fighter. Good class , good dip.

Mantis Zealot, Good class. The best for War Cleric.

Inciter. Broken. Better Skald.

The rest is subpar or okay.
Dips are bad.

EDIT: Sos fight has always had cutscene of Sos running up. Nerf was teleporting team in close to protect him instead of leaving them where they were when cutscene started, which penalized leaving Sos a pincushion.

The inquisitor is weaker than Sanctified slayer.
Seriously, what's the value of this broad handwaving before you've ever even played the class lol. And Sanct Slayer backloads all the benefits to the part of the game where they're no longer needed. Ultimate theorycrafter/Raidhead class.

With the new Bane Caster Feat every time LG hits presto +3 (and scaling) DC. MC with Azata and you're Castigating/Commanding anything you want. Sorc Reflex/the Litanies and you can trigger both bonuses in one turn.

Yeah, Haplo broke SancSlayer. Haplo could break Chiurgeon.

MerchantKing

Learned
> Seems like all the new archetypes are intentionally busted so people get tempted to start a new run and potentially get the DLC.

Are they though?
Sable Marine really good as 1 or 3 dip to get a flying attack (especialy good once the hot fix let you use Mythic charge and other charge feats/abilities)

Bloodseeker okay as full class. Good as a 2 level dip for a extra bite attack.

Drunken Master. Good level 20 class.

Magic deceiver idk.. seems good with Azata Zip magic.

Fighter. Good class , good dip.

Mantis Zealot, Good class. The best for War Cleric.

Inciter. Broken. Better Skald.

The rest is subpar or okay.
Dips are bad.
Let me guess. You only eat dry chips?

Magic Deceiver: This isn't even an archetype, its a whole new class. While its cool, remember it's a low BAB class with level 6 spell casting. Level 6 spells have -4 save DC compared to level 10 spells. You're getting spells later, you're getting less spells, and you CAN'T METAMAGIC. The class features *need* to be insane to make up for that. It also doesn't really combine well with any Mythic IMO, maybe... demon?

Chelaxian Diva: Seems to be fairly inconsequential changes? I've never felt the need to have bards use their performances to deal meh damage or have a low chance to inflict meh effects. Losing skills is bad for the purposes of certain high skill check DCs, which is a big reason I'd consider taking a bard over a skald in the first place.

Titan Fighter: Better than base fighter trying to dual wield for sure. Seems about equal to two handed fighter or mutation warrior

Living Grimoire: Seems just bad. Absolute meme bonuses (wow free enchantment bonuses that you'd already have anyway! +1 DC if you cast after hitting something in melee!) for a meme weapon (lmao a book) that duplicates a meme ability from a meme class (warpriest weapon damage progression). A lot of people seem to have some kind of hardon for base weapon damage dice but they are mathematically a joke unless you're using them for vital strike (which is still bad).

Kinetic Sharpshooter: As far as I can tell it has no reason to exist. The level 1 Charged Ammo ability is basically cosmetic, it never lets you use your kinetic powers multiple times per round if you can shoot multiple times per round like a kinetic knight. And Kinetic quiver seems to basically just let you use normal abilities, but you're limited to not having all the good forms due to lack of extended range. I think the class must be bugged and is probably intended to sacrifice forms for shooting multiple times per round with kinetic-infused arrows.

Drunken Master: Objectively superior to basic monk if you want to be an unarmed brawler. Absolutely inferior to Sohei.

Sable Marine: If you are willing to use instant enemy constantly, it's arguably the best ranger. Keep in mind that does use up your swift action which means no improved quarry later on (and there's a big item buffing it). The main benefit is really just that you get the pet at level 1 (not level 4) and ride it at level 1 (like a horse). Ignoring terrain on charging is a QoL thing, not a significant buff to the pet's contribution. 99% of the time if you have serious problems in a fight you just reload and position slightly differently. It only trips (which is an AoE) on the charge, but not in general melee like a dog, so its worse than a dog past the point you'd be able to ride it.

Inciter: I think its still just even with a regular skald until high levels where the regular skald runs out of useful rage powers to take and Inciter catches up.

Bloodseeker: All those useful slayer feats traded for +4 profane str and dex, +2 dmg and ac, and sense vitals. The other spell like abilities are useless. That's not awful if you didn't need all those slayer feats to begin with, but that begs the question of why you didn't just pick another class that has much better bonuses rather than slayer feats (e.g. barbarian). To add insult to injury your level 20 capstone is +6 profane bonus to str/dex/int, which invalidates your earlier abilities (if you didn't already invalidate them by becoming nocticula's bitch).

So its about half overpowered half underpowered by my count.

Desiderius

Patron
It also doesn't really combine well with any Mythic IMO, maybe... demon?
You can't be serious.

Living Grimoire: Seems just bad. Absolute meme bonuses (wow free enchantment bonuses that you'd already have anyway! +1 DC if you cast after hitting something in melee!) for a meme weapon (lmao a book) that duplicates a meme ability from a meme class (warpriest weapon damage progression). A lot of people seem to have some kind of hardon for base weapon damage dice but they are mathematically a joke unless you're using them for vital strike (which is still bad).
Spare yourself the embarassment and at least do some testing first. +1 DC that scales to +3, Bane Weapon that turns on passively for class that's commonly Swift flooded, Book can go in offhand (treated as a light mace), ask Haplo about growing dice.

Speaking of Haplo class contains everything needed for Swift Dimensional Hop to set up Vulpine Pounces for Kitsune (which also has the INT bonus). The +1 to Enchantments is from Kitsune. *Stacks* with the on-hit bonus. Biggest challenge would be getting enough STR but growing dice + Size + crits to multiply could take care of that, and you've still got the self-buffs Divine Power, Eaglesoul etc to get AB up.

Desiderius

Patron
Spare yourself the embarassment and at least do some testing first. +1 DC that scales to +3, Bane Weapon that turns on passively for class that's commonly Swift flooded, Book can go in offhand (treated as a light mace), ask Haplo about growing dice.

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar
With the new Bane Caster Feat every time LG hits presto +3 (and scaling) DC. MC with Azata and you're Castigating/Commanding anything you want. Sorc Reflex/the Litanies and you can trigger both bonuses in one turn.

I have done some testing, thank you. You can get that same scaling DC bonus with studied target. Hell you get the ability to apply it for free on attack one level earlier than the L.G. It even scales better.

Desiderius

Patron
Kinetic Sharpshooter: As far as I can tell it has no reason to exist. The level 1 Charged Ammo ability is basically cosmetic, it never lets you use your kinetic powers multiple times per round if you can shoot multiple times per round like a kinetic knight. And Kinetic quiver seems to basically just let you use normal abilities, but you're limited to not having all the good forms due to lack of extended range. I think the class must be bugged and is probably intended to sacrifice forms for shooting multiple times per round with kinetic-infused arrows.
And again with the negative theorycrafting. Weapon bonuses + attacking Touch* is a unique feature that combines the best of both worlds of Ray casters and Bow users, or in this case XBow.

Xbow crits from Keen XBow (or Improved Crit) doubles damage like Eldritch Archer.

You shoot multiple times with Quicken Meta that can be activated pretty frequently by midgame. Far as I can tell it only costs one Quiver charge to activate and those scale pretty fast with level, as does Infusion Specialization (level 5, 8, 11, etc).

* - leaves you needing Ember's Hex before Ascendant Element vs Fire Resistant foes, and requires getting Spell Pen up. Weapon/background/focus bonuses can alternatively help physical blasts land and can get Greater Bull Rush on Pushing Infusion by lvl 4 if you want.

Haven't tried it yet but thinking about picking up a Form Infusion and just not using Bow when that's advantageous. Bow *really* helps physical Blasts land which is usual problem for Kinnie, and damage bonusesprocs nice for Energy Blasts. Detainer + Burning Infusion is a nice one.

Unlike Gathering Kinnie typical turns allow you to Move and Shoot.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

I have done some testing, thank you. You can get that same scaling DC bonus with studied target. Hell you get the ability to apply it for free on attack one level earlier than the L.G. It even scales better.
Studied Target boosts DCs? What effect is that?

It only applies for free on attack if you hit with a Sneak. Many cases you want ST to help you do that or you're not set up for the Sneak. That's why Spawn Slayer losing Swift Study is bigger than it looks.

EDIT: exposed again! You've joined the Daidre Hall of Fame. Had totally forgotten that was there. Nice. That is as good as the LG effect if not better.

Still like the wider spell selection of LG and the passive Bane activation.

Plus the LG DC bonus applies to AoE spells, which is a big difference, it may even stack with mutiple hits. The Crushing Despair ability as it reads is no save.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Bloodseeker doesn't seem amazing but it's not like Slayer has a standout archetype anyway ( I guess Deliverer if you want to play a good boi)

Desiderius

Patron
Now you're trolling. Vanguard is everything you want.

Bloodseeker Profane Bonuses (lvl 6) are nuts and it summons 1d4 Dire Wolves as soon as it turns on. Haste source also great.

Biggest challenge is figuring out how to get (Secondary) Bite attack to crit.

Mauman

Scholar

Studied Target boosts DCs? What effect is that?

It only applies for free on attack if you hit with a Sneak. Many cases you want ST to help you do that or you're not set up for the Sneak. That's why Spawn Slayer losing Swift Study is bigger than it looks.

EDIT: exposed again! You've joined the Daidre Hall of Fame. Had totally forgotten that was there. Nice. That is as good as the LG effect if not better.

Still like the wider spell selection of LG and the passive Bane activation.

Plus the LG DC bonus applies to AoE spells, which is a big difference, it may even stack with mutiple hits. The Crushing Despair ability as it reads is no save.
Meh....sneak attack is grossly easy to get in this game. If mounted you always get it.

edit - also, what wider spell selection are you talking about? I'm not seeing any new spells given to the LG vs any other inquisitor.

Last edited:
Spare yourself the embarassment and at least do some testing first. +1 DC that scales to +3

Wow, on a class that shouldn't be casting spells with saves, has practically no good spells with saves, and which shouldn't be taking spell DC feats because melee feats are much more important. If you want to be a DC caster be a 10th level spells arcane caster (or magic deceiver). "I really want to cast Holy Word" said no one ever.

Bane Weapon that turns on passively for class that's commonly Swift flooded

Wow, it's fucking nothing because Crusader's Edge already exists and has been stapled immediately into Bubble Buffs by every competent player for years now.

growing dice.
Again its fucking nothing. The amount of static damage bonuses and multipliers you get makes it irrelevant. If you are going to charge then you shouldn't be picking a class that has a light mace since its not a charge multiplier weapon.

Weapon bonuses + attacking Touch* is a unique feature that combines the best of both worlds of Ray casters and Bow users, or in this case XBow.

Oh wow, I get +2 to hit with my attack that already had a 95% chance to hit because it targets touch AC anyway.

Xbow crits from Keen XBow (or Improved Crit) doubles damage like Eldritch Archer.

You can take improved crit for kinetic blast. If the whole point of an archetype is to get +1 crit range then that's a joke bonus for all you lose.

Though I will say I'm interested in seeing whether Hurricane Bow does anything. I'm guessing not though. Although Aspect of the Falcon could be a nice bonus.

You shoot multiple times with Quicken Meta that can be activated pretty frequently by midgame. Far as I can tell it only costs one Quiver charge to activate and those scale pretty fast with level, as does Infusion Specialization (level 5, 8, 11, etc).

This isn't an advantage over regular kineticist since they can quicken too. And quicken is so expensive that you really can't afford to use it much.

Mauman

Scholar
Wow, it's fucking nothing because Crusader's Edge already exists and has been stapled immediately into Bubble Buffs by every competent player for years now.
To be fair, greater bane is still superior to Crusader's Edge.

Smoking gun evidence of superiority? Meh. But it is something.

edit - at the end of the day, I think a lot of what's being discussed (including the talk about Skalds) comes down to what you want your hybrid to do. Melee with magic just being for buffs, more spellcasting inclined, or something in between (IMO the weakest option).

Incidentally what happens to your weapon dice if you take Warpriest 20 (with light mace obviously)/Living Grimoire 20?

Mauman

Scholar
Yup...basic bane. That's....well....that's not good.

The saving grace is that the crushing despair effect does bypass saves and spell resistance. So if you do manage to get the effect going that's a -2 to hit/saves/damage. I have not checked if the effect bypasses immunities however. I would assume no, but I could be wrong.

My problem is the setup. You either have to spend a whole round (if you cast any non-swift spell) or burn your swift action with either a quickened spell or a litany. The litanies are pretty good spells I'll give it that. As for the swift-actions, you still want one for enchanting your book. Yeah, you can turn it on before a fight, but if you leave it on all the time you're going to run out sooner or later, and constant resting is an annoyance I try to avoid.

I do want to say I like the level 20 ability. It's a bit of a gimmick, but it looks like a good one.

I think this class really, REALLY benefits from the heightened magic feat, so you can just cast litanies all day long. (take abundant/improved casting for even more lols).

Desiderius

Patron
To be fair, greater bane is still superior to Crusader's Edge.

Smoking gun evidence of superiority? Meh. But it is something.

edit - at the end of the day, I think a lot of what's being discussed (including the talk about Skalds) comes down to what you want your hybrid to do. Melee with magic just being for buffs, more spellcasting inclined, or something in between (IMO the weakest option).
He has no idea what he’s talking about. Inquisitor has unique spells that are worth beating saves with but by the time the abilities of most of the archetypes start snowballing it’s usually more efficient to simply beat face.

Still nice to have a Castigate, Mass in one’s back pocket for ambushes. Came in very handy a couple times on Jae in KM.

I found in general in Wrath it’s an uphill battle (on Unfair) to *reliably* beat saves with non-Nenio companions until the late game items start showing up. But with AoE beating them half the time is fine and with the DC boosts of this DLC and the LG class that can go from under half to over*.

Add Favorable Magic/Ode on top as MC and you can really go off. That was something that could already be done on other classes but nice to have an Inquistor who can do it too while also getting the Inq skill
bonuses/Cunning Initiative/Solo Tactics/applying no save Crushing Despair and the like.

That’s the distinctive feature of LG: since melee feeds casting and vice versa what usually ends up stretching you too thin both ways instead allows you unique flexibility.

Swift Dimensional Hop can set up full attacks just as easily as Pounces if you don’t want to go Kitsune, or you can get Community/Nobility and focus more on casting.

* - varies on bosses depending how many save lowering effects you’re designing into your party

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I've been testing this, and I think the reason that it's not working is because it's not considered a charge for the rider. It's counted as a full-attack action. Pounce or no pounce your rider gets all of his attacks.

It might very well be working as intended and there's nothing we can do about it.
Nah, they said that's bug on reddit. They're working on it. Lol

Mauman

Scholar
I've been testing this, and I think the reason that it's not working is because it's not considered a charge for the rider. It's counted as a full-attack action. Pounce or no pounce your rider gets all of his attacks.

It might very well be working as intended and there's nothing we can do about it.
Nah, they said that's bug on reddit. They're working on it. Lol
Interesting. Well, when they do fix it I'll respec my paladin back to the spear charger idea I had.

Of course, they have to fix the spear bonus while they're at it (seriously, how did that break that?)

I'm still finding the flying charge to be useful and very powerful if only for the flat-footed bonus.

"While the Sable Company Marine is mounted, he also attacks the target of the hippogriff's flying attack, as a full-round action."

Technically that doesn't say anything about it counting as a charge attack. But if that changes it definitely makes it a lot better, as mentioned previously the Hippogriff doesn't get to trip if it isn't using fly attack.

btw, tested a bit and the distance you need to pull off a fly attack is way smaller than that for charge. It's like 10' (two 5' steps and I can charge).

v3i0oaS.png

also don't tell owlcat, but currently all of your attacks count as flatfooted when the description says that only the first pet attack should count as flatfooted

Desiderius

Patron
Inquisitor spells worth beating saves by School:

note: Living Grimoire doesn't have to worry about spell picks going obsolete because it gets all the spells via scrolls like a Wizard.

(1) Enchantment:

Command: sure, Hideous Laughter lasts longer but when stuff hits the deck it usually doesn't live very long anyway. Aprroach triggers AoOs and can bring things into better range for melee full attacks.
Castigate: Take out a single-target. Shorter range than Hold Person, but no Humanoid restriction. Shaken for a round (vulnerable to Shatter) even on made save.
Hold Person: Spell range *matters*. Hold Person is Medium not Close and those dangerous Cultists and Votaries et al like to keep their distance.
Litany of Eloquence: Swift action, no Save (can't remember if this is accurate), can't act until rest of my team gets to first. If you've got the slots this is hard to beat. In Wrath you've got a lot of slots. Turn on Bane Weapon with benefits on Living Grimoire
Forced Repentance: Humans, Elves and the like that have gone to the dark side are vulnerable to this. Doesn't get a save to break it each round so can dispatch when you want. Higher DC than Castigate/Hold but also a spell level with plenty of other things to cast.
Hold Monster: more targets, longer range than Repentance, but gets a save each round.
Castigate, Mass: Medium range, enemies only, 30 ft radius. Now we're talking. Very much worth casting even if only a 40% chance of beating saves. Cowering creatures can take no actions, get -2 to AC, and lose DEX bonus. Save every round so kick them while they're down.
Greater Command: More flexible than Castigate, Mass since can give different Commands but generally worse. Close Range, Prone gives a malus to ranged attacks. Castigate has Fear tag.
Litany of Madness: Swift Action Confusion no save. Target gets a save the round after it is applied and each round after.
Overwhelming Presence: Medium range 30 ft radius, Enemies only, applies one round Stagger no save, Helpless on save. If fails first save, then makes save in subsequent round still takes 1d6 WIS damage and Staggered 1d4. These rolls can be Maximized/Empowered. Usually a ninth level spell, so Inq/Bard get it a level early.

(2) Necromancy:

Inflict Spells: LG is not a spontaneous caster so can use meta without full round. Never been an Inflict enthusiast, but it does target touch AC and does at least some damage on made save. Scrolls can be effective on Cam vs Elemental in Maze for instance.
Boneshaker: Ray spell that doesn't require a touch attack. If you're playing RTwP use it with a meta rod to force a high concentration check on a caster, or just do guaranteed damage to a boss you otherwise can't touch. Again, meta can make the math worth it.
Fear: Cones can be clunky but applies Shaken even on made save if you don't have a Dazzler or access to Frightful Aspect (yet). Better with good ranged damage in party, but still triggers AoOs and keeps mobs from attacking
Circle of Death: 40 ft radius, Medium range, Fort Save, 1d4 HD of creatures per caster level die if under 10HD, take 100 damage if 10HD or over.

** The number of hit dice affected CAN BE EMPOWERED/MAXIMIZED **

Affects creature in center first, so can be more or less targeted.
Undeath to Death: same vs Undead. Use a Rod. Go off.
Harm: Touch Spell, *bypasses Spell Resistance*, 10 pts per CL, Will save for half. Caps at CL 15.
Umbral Strike: ranged touch, 1d6 per level half cold/half negative, Blind on failed Fort save, half damage on made.

(3) Evocation (can use Favorite Meta on Empower in combination with Maximize Rods if you want to nuke):

Ear-Piercing Scream: doesn't require ranged attack, in RTwP forces Concentration check even on made save, stops spell with failed one. Easy to up damage with meta.
Searing Light: Ranged Touch, NO SAVE, 1d6 per CL vs Undead max 10d6. Use with meta vs Undead is good.
Holy Smite: Medium Range, 20 ft radius, 1d6 per CL (max 10d6) to Evil Outsiders + Blind for one round. Can be Extended for two, Empowered/Maximized for more damage. Damage + control AoE is good.
Will save to negate Blind and take half damage. Also does 1d8 per 2 CL max 5d8 + Blind to Evil non-Outsiders, and half damage no Blind to Neutral. Can be used to turn on Instill Vigor Mythic.
Order's Wrath: Lawful version with Daze instead of Smite, Blind creatures can still do things if badly, but are easier to hit than Dazed ones.
Unholy Blight: Evil version, applies 1d4 rounds of Sicken
Chaos Hammer: applies 1d6 rnds of Slow
Flame Strike: Medium range, 10 ft radius, 15d6 max, half fire, half divine

ARBITRAMENT: 40 ft radius centered on caster, CG/CE (demons)/LG/LE are Sickened if HD = CL or lower, Staggered if HD = CL - 1 or lower, Nauseated if HD = CL - 5 or lower, Killed if CL - 10, all cumulative.

There are a *lot* of ways to raise CL now. Haven't tested it with new DLCs yet. Lann, Wolj, Nenio, Daeran, Ulbrig, Sosiel, and Greybor are all immune to this spell. Not sure about Cam.

It says Will partial. Not sure how the saves work but Blasphemy can be a pain even on made save. AoE Sicken + Stagger is a big deal if you can pull it off. FoM doesn't prevent Stagger now, few things immune to either one.

Holy Word, etc: the Aligned versions do not have the HD = CL effect that makes Arbitrament good if you design around it.
Blade Barrier: Never cast it. You guys seem to think it's good.

(4) Abjuration (Abj focus is prereq for Spell Specialization Dispel/Dispel, Greater if you want to use with Dispel Synergy/Destructive Dispel):

Stunning Barrier: This stays on until it triggers. The Stun duration goes to two rounds if cast with Extend Rod. Worth it vs vulnerable foes even at low chance of save fail.

"A stunned creature drops everything held, can’t take actions, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and loses its DEX bonus to AC (if any).

Attackers receive a +4 bonus on attack rolls to perform Combat Maneuvers against a stunned opponent."

Dismissal: kill an Outsider that fails a Will save. Haven't tried this on the Sonic Crystal (says "extraplanar") thingies yet, may work on them. Doesn't work in the Abyss itself natch.
Banishment: AoE dismissal, 2HD per CL limit

Inq gets these early, but not early enough to make up for slow spell progression.

Dispel Magic (Greater): Dispel Focus feats now in-game make these more practical to use, as does more CL boosts.

Other schools not worth mentioning.

To sum up: a lot of value in Enchantment, but narrow focus on attacking Will Saves (Azata has your back there), build arounds plus nukes in Necro and Evo, Abj has some utility if you want to make the Inq your Dispeller.

Bro those spells are shit lol.

General problems basically all of them have: needs a spell resistance check, so won't work half the time against anything decent. Don't pretend you're simultaneously stacking DC and spell penetration and melee feats somehow because you aren't.

Command: sure, Hideous Laughter lasts longer
Glad you agree.

Castigate: Take out a single-target. Shorter range than Hold Person, but no Humanoid restriction. Shaken for a round (vulnerable to Shatter) even on made save.

Spell Descriptors: Mind-Affecting, Fear, Compulsion, Emotion, Negative Emotion.

So many ways for enemies to be immune to this.

Litany of Eloquence

Actually good, as long as you have a swift action and a slot you might as well use it. As you point out, it doesn't have a save. So Living Grimoire's DC boost is worthless.

Forced Repentance:

"You force an evil creature that does not have the evil subtype..."

Great so it works against fucking nothing relevant again.

Hold Monster

If it was a swift action it'd be good. How often do you want to spend your entire 2nd turn casting a spell with a chance to beat their save, a chance to beat their spell resistance, when you could just hit them and kill them?

Castigate, Mass
Greater Command
Decent again considering its at least likely to hit something. Again though, you're using it turn 2. How often do you spend time casting general crowd control spells on turn 2? The chaff dies off on turn 1.

Umbral Strike: ranged touch, 1d6 per level half cold/half negative, Blind on failed Fort save, half damage on made.
Split cold/negative energy damage, so its actually 2x 10d6. At least half the cold will be eaten up by everything, so its a 15d6 = 45 damage spell you wasted a full standard action on at level 20. wat.

I could keep going, but I won't. I will skip to the end to make fun of you for this though:

Dispel Magic (Greater): Dispel Focus feats now in-game make these more practical to use, as does more CL boosts.

Bruh Dispel isn't a DC check it gets nothing from grimoire.

TL;DR enemy saves and SR are too high to make anything here consistently useful unless its literally costless to use (swift action) or hits whole groups (which is then nerfed by the fact that you're casting your CC spells on turn 2, which is a turn after almost all of it is dead). If you try to build an inquisitor as a caster you're gonna end up with a still shitty caster who is also an even worse fighter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom