Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Efe

Erudite
InD_ImaginE they could just slap on thievery related background on anything really
for example, seelah

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
InD_ImaginE they could just slap on thievery related background on anything really
for example, seelah

I mean yeah but I am just speaking from roster balance. I am discounting any Divine caster stuff sans Hunter because we already has a lot from all spectrum (Paladin, Ranger, Cleric, Oracle). Hunter I can see due to Urban Hunter. It definitely won't be arcane caster as the Gnome seems to be a Sorcerer.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I mean yeah but I am just speaking from roster balance. I am discounting any Divine caster stuff sans Hunter because we already has a lot from all spectrum (Paladin, Ranger, Cleric, Oracle). Hunter I can see due to Urban Hunter. It definitely won't be arcane caster as the Gnome seems to be a Sorcerer.
Looking at how Varnhold DLC was implemented, there is no reason to look at main campaign roster for this one. Since it is separate low lvl campaign it would be weird to include some complicated late-blooming classes like Kineticists. My guess is that Owlcat would go for something banal - like Rogue and the Sorcerer and will allow players to fill the ranks with hirelings.
Anyway, chances that anyone from new DLC would become permanent party member in the main game are close to 0.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking at how Varnhold DLC was implemented, there is no reason to look at main campaign roster for this one. Since it is separate low lvl campaign it would be weird to include some complicated late-blooming classes like Kineticists. My guess is that Owlcat would go for something banal - like Rogue and the Sorcerer and will allow player to fill the ranks with hirelings.
Anyway, chances that anyone from DLC would become permanent party member in main game are close to 0.

Frankly I was hoping that the DLC roster would join because the DLC endgoal as I understand is getting to the Tavern during our chapter 1 right? Would be kinda disappointing if they don't become main game party member.

Sarathiour

Cipher
who gives a damn what class they are, is anything ported to the main campaign?

"Choice and decision will be carried over to Mc campaign"
Probably something like Varnhold's lot, a minor location related to the second team, a few item and the commander deciding their final fate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3222896627789293465

Children of the night

Dhampirs are the children of vampires and mortals. To the inhabitants of Golarion, they are a mystery, shadows on the border of life and death, eternal wanderers, outcasts among the dead and the living.

A lot of players have been waiting for an opportunity to play as the mysterious offspring of vampires and mortals ever since Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and finally this chance appeared in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The commander of the Fifth Crusade can be unusually pale, cold, and... Oh, by Iomedae, are those fangs?

c9b76ae76fc9abe8ac16261c5808c654abeec38a.jpg

But don't be unduly alarmed: despite their grim and tragic origins, dhampirs are not always predisposed to evil. There are also several lineages of heritage among them that give dhampirs a variety of talents.

Among them, for example, are the offspring of vetalas, the unpredictable, dangerous, and perpetually curious body snatchers. Their descendants are called ajibachana: extraordinarily inquisitive, assertive, and advanced beyond their years. In their pursuit of knowledge, they can only be halted by weakness near holy and unholy places: a trait inherited from their undead parents.

There are also dhampirs who stand out even among their own kind. Such are the children of the Vampire King, the few and mysterious shadows on the border between humans and vampires. Often their lives are focused on a single goal to which they are devoted with all their soul. Dhampirs of such sacred ancestry are very rare and it's almost impossible to meet them in the lands of Mendev... but such a rarity can become the main hero of Wrath of the Righteous.

The most beautiful of the dhampirs are svetochers, born of the moroi vampires. The beautiful and sweet-tongued svetochers tend to have an easier time than other dhampirs when associating with mortals, though they must take care to ensure that their relatively wanton social interactions do not breed jealousy, resentment, or disdain.

Deprived of such beauty are the ancient-born, or nosferatu. Even in their relative youth, a nosferatu is so terrible to behold that any such coupling must be the result of arcane manipulation or insanity. Some nosferatu flee home in search of solitude, some hatch plans for revenge, and some become travelers and adventurers to seek fame... or their doom. It's hard for a nosferatu to break through others’ fear and loathing – but maybe you've played as an ancient-born before, and you've succeeded?

Another bloodline stands out among the dhampirs. Also called born of jiang-shi, or ru-shi, these dhampirs are usually the result of some nefarious ritual or the spawn of a magically possessed father, rather than the direct union of a human and a jiang-shi. This grim legacy is reflected in the physiology of these dhampirs: jiang-shis lack any natural desire for physical contact or procreation, and their putrefying internal organs make most unable to conceive.

All dhampirs, regardless of origin, have in common the lonely and dangerous life they face. Many people make guard signs when they encounter them, fearing to even speak. Some dhampirs spend their entire lives without ever learning what a friendly embrace or a polite handshake feels like: rejected by society, the children of vampires and mortals become loners with no affection or love for anyone. Some of them, holding a grudge and anger against their vampire father, become hunters of the undead, and such warriors are feared by vampires more than anyone else.

Needless to say, dhampirs are very rare in Mendev and are treated with great distrust – like tieflings, they are met with prejudice and fear from the common folk. However, a dhampir can also gain good repute through their actions. Many are known as fighters against the undead, rebelling against their own kind; many are known not for their crimes, but for their good deeds.

9d42f578b872d048975d6f17bf867a20414b533c.jpg

Have you already played as a dhampir? If so, be sure to share your characters' stories!

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Question: in what state bug-wise the game is now? I am considering in the future to try a "free" demo and see if i can ignore the writing enough to enjoy the gameplay. And possibly buy it if i do. But i need to know how bad (or good) it is currently when it comes to all not working spells, mechanics, etc... I heard that when it came out it wasn't that great.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I made a few post about the most ridiculous thing I came across.

It's "playable", but there is still a lot shit broken or malfunctioning. Probably nothing that will outright stop, but it's still unfinished.

To give another example, the current lategame meta is to pick elemental barrage on any melee class.
Why ?
Because geniekind and morph spell does not function like P&P, so you can stack 4 instances of geniekind and deal 4 type of elemental damage on melee. Normally it's pointless because everything, their mother and their dog got 10/elemental resist at minimum making 1d6 damage not signifiant, but the way the skill work, a marker is placed regardless of the damage.
So you're dealing an extra 6-10d6 on every attack.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I made a few post about the most ridiculous thing I came across.

It's "playable", but there is still a lot shit broken or malfunctioning. Probably nothing that will outright stop, but it's still unfinished.

To give another example, the current lategame meta is to pick elemental barrage on any melee class.
Why ?
Because geniekind and morph spell does not function like P&P, so you can stack 4 instances of geniekind and deal 4 type of elemental damage on melee. Normally it's pointless because everything, their mother and their dog got 10/elemental resist at minimum making 1d6 damage not signifiant, but the way the skill work, a marker is placed regardless of the damage.
So you're dealing an extra 6-10d6 on every attack.

Yeah its possible. But please consider:
1. How many spellslots you need to devote here to achieve this? For each non-shaman, non-magus martial that would like to use it...
2. How much additional buffing does this require?
3. Does it even make sense to become a genius of every element?
4. What level you need to be in order not to recast those every 3rd encounter?
(the last point admittedly looks much better for lich and angel paths).

Sarathiour

Cipher
I'm just saying that's the current unfair meta, just like nobody was forcing to make a triple dip in Kingmaker, I'm certainly not going to force anyone in playing in such a stupid way.

But to answers the question, it's still possible to do it trough extend metamagic + greater enduring spell. Also you're probably only going to cast it on one ort two party member anyway.

3. Does it even make sense to become a genius of every element?
No, as I said, it's an open violation of P&P pathfinder. You're not supposed to stack morph spell, it's a blatant abuse of game mechanic.

A far more legit approach would be through magus/spirit hunter coupled with curse of vulnerability.

Technomancer

Liturgist
it's an open violation of P&P pathfinder. You're not supposed to stack morph spell, it's a blatant abuse of game mechanic.
You can stack size spells with transmutation spells despite description explicitly telling size spell needs humanoid body. Was so in kingmaker, never fixed. Still is. Violating PnP rules is not a big deal to Owlcat.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I enjoyed Varnhold's lot much more than Inevitable excess... but Varnhold's lot was within lev 5 - lev 9. Kenabres part may be too low level and I am afraid it will be just a RNG fest, as single hit = death.
You finish Kenabres in the main at level 6 IIRC (and level 7 after Minagho)? so I guess lvl1-lvl6 adventure.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Zippy magick only work (and that's when it work properly in the first ) on single target spell. Most of the infusion are either aoe or add proprieties to your KB. The only thing I can see it working with is kinetic restoration/heal, which does not seem very interesting.

Zippy magic used to work with KB, but it has been nerfed around 1.2, and it does not anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom