Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, early on leopard + Shaman / Witch with Protective Hex probably best bet for Unfair tanking.
Nobody’s making you start on Unfair.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About what I said some weeks ago. Before and after corrupt magic in core difficulty

HsuD77A.png

x79iPce.png

Enemy :
  • AC from 60 to 25.
  • Saves from 25/27/26(f/r/w) to -2/-3/-1.
  • SR from 32 to 0.
  • Resistances from 30 to 0
  • Touch AC from 25 to 5
  • Got rid of DR
  • Got rid of almost all of his buffs
Sadly IDK why my Lich ability to bypass his immunity vs ohk spells din't worked. Otherwise, I would have OHKilled him with Phantasmal killer.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
After having mental breakdown glad this fucker puller itself together and decided to give speech while arrows are flying around
sSH2gQW.png

done with chapter 2 now, unfair prologue + chapter 1 took shitload of spamming F9 most of fights took multiple tries. chapter 1 I had to skip 2 fights vrock + 1 shadow guy

I'm pretty much doing mc + 5 custom companions but I just used respec mod to customize companions

mutation warrior
1 ghost rider / x paladin
skald
divine hound for early game -> replaced with succubus lady who is demonslayer (no pet)
shadowcaster
cleric community + pet metaslave

so for prologue + chapter 1 I had 3 pets and now Im just rolling with 1 horse + 1 dog

probably wont do much dipping other than for paladin I might after I get paladin to 11 or 13. cleric might dip into loremaster so I can pick some spells I feel like Im missing

how hard is midnight isles for chapter 3? I test how I survive after I have grinded other stuff before moving to chapter 4

Desiderius

Patron
Isles is significantly harder than rest of ch3, though you can take it a bite at a time. Kind of throws everything off though. I think I'll skip.

What spells is Cleric missing when you have full Arcane in party? Let Aru ride Bismuth, she can get Point-Blank via Combat Style Feats.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
creeping doom is the obvious choice if I want to cheese some harder encounters but with turn based combat + spamming summons its maybe not needed

at release I just cheesed playful darkness blade barrier spam, trash gaming. I see if I get filtered by it but just having mark of justice might be good enough

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Dipping in loremaster is also to get the feats without requirement, like shatter without dazzling, or weapon specialization.
I approve the dip.

Desiderius

Patron
Mark and Hearth go a long way. Might be a little clunky to get Hearth down in time, but I guess you can just let him come to you.

I usually zerg him, but I don't use Hearth much (and hate Animal Domain). Doom + Mark (it picks up the damage bonus) is the cheese I guess. Never needed it.

Main thing is to come back after getting a couple levels (preferably Mythic 5) in ACT 4. His section sticks around after killing Darrazand.

Desiderius

Patron
Dipping in loremaster is also to get the feats without requirement, like shatter without dazzling, or weapon specialization.
I approve the dip.
If you're dipping for Weapon Specialization you're playing the wrong game. Especially on a Cleric. Shatter is whatever.

I want to get to 9th level spells ASAP, it's why you're playing the class. I think Loremaster doesn't skip a caster level anymore? Depends if you want the prereq Feats or not. Cleric is feat-starved. It doesn't have that many abilities that scale by class-level relative to hybrids so does set up better for prestige.

Desiderius

Patron
Might be a little clunky to get Hearth down in time

Wat, why

You can even precast it
Not where PD is you can't.

I'm Charging his sorry ass (or Dooring in) down there away from his buddies so he can't flank my dudes.

Domain Zealot can get it done depending on Initiative I guess if you're down there for Prayer and Channeling.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I approve the dip.
If you're dipping for Weapon Specialization you're playing the wrong game. Especially on a Cleric. Shatter is whatever.

I want to get to 9th level spells ASAP, it's why you're playing the class. I think Loremaster doesn't skip a caster level anymore? Depends if you want the prereq Feats or not. Cleric is feat-starved. It doesn't have that many abilities that scale by class-level relative to hybrids so does set up better for prestige.

Cleric is feat starved, this is why 5 levels of loremaster is good, duh
You get a feat more of your choice and a skill focus for free, just by doing it, it's basic math, and you just lose like 1 AB. And you don't lose any CL with loremaster.
Only things are SOME cleric domain abilities could be affected if they work off the Cleric level, but not guarded heart, so it is a no brainer.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm playing TTT which uses Tabletop prereqs for LM.

Sounds like a good plan on vanilla for those Domains*, though it nerfs Touch of Good and other Domain abilities that scale by Class level. Luck picks up another couple activations of Divine Fortune etc...

* - doesn't it turn off pet levels?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing TTT which uses Tabletop prereqs for LM.

Sounds like a good plan on vanilla for those Domains*, though it nerfs Touch of Good and other Domain abilities that scale by Class level. Luck picks up another couple activations of Divine Fortune etc...

* - doesn't it turn off pet levels?

Never used pets but I assume it would affect pets yeah, someone would need to confirm.
Without pets I think it's just better in 99% of cases... at least if you compare with Crusader and his bonus feats, which gives up too much for too little in return IMHO. Especially, missing 1 slot per level is going to hurt a lot, starting from level 3 onward, even with abundant.

Desiderius

Patron
Crusader gets the Feats starting at lvl 1 (so does Demonbane!), that's where you need them if you want to fight/tank.

Fighting Cleric doesn't need as many slots since it's not casting in combat (or Domains since not using Domain abilities). Abundant is more than enough.

Animal Domain does get better Summons so not a complete waste, but he's going to miss those pet levels going LM.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Crusader gets the Feats starting at lvl 1 (so does Demonbane!), that's where you need them if you want to fight/tank.
Well yeah, I assume with Erastil and a pet so prolly he's using bows though.
Fighting Cleric doesn't need as many slots since it's not casting in combat (or Domains since not using Domain abilities). Abundant is more than enough.
You need the buffs, and it will be a pain. Not only because the sheaningans to get all the death wards or life bubbles but when a new level unlocks and in that level you are supposed to get 1 slot (like level 9, but it happens even before), you will get 0, so in those scenarios you are behind 1 level like a spontaneous caster.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
After having mental breakdown glad this fucker puller itself together and decided to give speech while arrows are flying around

Is there any way to kill her and Trannevia off early? I don't care what bonuses I lose from it.

Desiderius

Patron
Well yeah, I assume with Erastil and a pet so prolly he's using bows though.
You need the buffs, and it will be a pain. Not only because the sheaningans to get all the death wards or life bubbles but when a new level unlocks and in that level you are supposed to get 1 slot (like level 9, but it happens even before), you will get 0, so in those scenarios you are behind 1 level like a spontaneous caster.
Cleric with a bow might as well not waste your time. It's not a thing. Cleric has zero ranged abilities. If you want to fight get in there.

It's not a pain. You get one less cast but always get at least one (unless you've dumped WIS which is a bad idea) and once you get Abundant it's a non-issue. Ember has Death Ward and Aru has Life Bubble or you can bring another Divine caster for back-up and Prayers, Edges etc.

Desiderius

Patron
Finally was able to test a couple things I was looking at last year that finally work:

Wolj EA 11 crit Reach Frigid Touch.jpg

I think this is Frigid Touch working with Spellstrike, which applies 1 minute Stagger on 17-20 Heavy XBow crit. Rime metamagic (it applies the Entangle) is also now working (from TTT I think). Both are no save.

Gormandizer has eight attax so kind of useful.

Paw MC 11 Greater Bull Rush AoOs.jpg

If you have the Greater Bull Rush Feat Cavalier Mighty Charge *does* trigger AoOs. Nice that Order of the Paw gets Dog Mount to get two bites at the Trip (in addition to the one from the Mighty Charge).

Deliberately avoiding damage boosting feats and abilities to give fights a round or two to play out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom