Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
dlc.png

So far, nobody likes it.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/0/3183486955455159615/
I feel like Owlcats don't understand how to populate a world with elements of different sorts. So, it would make sense that when they choose to 'finally' come up with a puzzle after all that talking and fighting, talking and fighting, talking and fighting, they do it in a similar manner: overdone and probably frustratingly chaotic or jaw-droppingly complex.

That works well in combat, less so, but still kinda ok with the text, but it's a horrible approach to 'puzzles out of the blue'

Stuff from the renown, older blobbers or cRPGs like 5 pressure pads and finding out the combination, or some system of levers and a trap, using and adventure elements here and there, such as finding a helmet that goes on top of a statue unlocks a hidden passage, much less things like several courses through one map depending on completion of this or that feat or conversation—is mostly beyond their grasp or, worse yet, their aim :(

Throwback to Wiz7

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aeon is pretty powerful from that point forward.

Like solve the game powerful.
Frankly Aeon needs MR6 for that (as opposed to caster liches, angels and Mobility Trickster, who break the game already at 3-4).
Though he's no weakling at this point.

Desiderius

Patron
Some Ulbrig Grappling Shots:

Ulbrig 11 Grabbing Rugdar.jpg

Ulbrig can reliably Grapple bosses on Core, which is probably a little too good, though this guy would be a pain without it I think.

Ulbrig has a ton of STR and you can see the native Grabber bonus from Griffin form. The Competence is from one of his designated items, with the Cav Banner from MC Cav a nice interaction since it's usually pretty narrow. The +2 from Bless would be Heroism (or Good Hope Wand) in Vanilla. The pros should be able to get this up another 10 or so (or debuff the target) without too much difficulty if he can land the attack which would make it pretty solid even on Unfair.

You can see the value as it shuts off his abilities like Greater Vital Strike and the Life Consumption insta-kill. It's not save or die since bosses like this are at risk of breaking the Grapple (and Ulbrig is vulnerable to getting hit by adds himself while Grappling), but it does make the boss easier to hit for rest of team and is the quickest way to shut down the threat they pose to the team, especially caster bosses.

Ulbrig Mantis 11 Stun on crit Grapple fail.jpg

His best use on Unfair though without much work at all is shutting down the threat of non-boss casters, since Death from Above has such huge range. Feral Combat Training is a mod Feat (requires Improved Unarmed Strike) that treats Natural Attacks as Unarmed turning on Monk Fighting Styles. The Dragon Style Feats add a ton of damage if that's your thing but I'm using Mantis Style here with Stunning Fist. The Base Style gives another Fist activation per rest and gives +2 DC, the second Style Feat gives another activation and +2 AB to attacks that have Fist attached. It's a nice failsafe if Grapple crit fails while also making the target a sitting duck for other attacks. Casters tend to have low Fort so this should get there even on Unfair. It uses WIS and DC keeps getting higher with level.

Ulbrig 11 Stunning Fist Grapple vs Wurm.jpg

Here he lucksacks a boss with it, but that's not something you can count on even on Core, let alone Unfair.

People who just want to Pounce and slay with him will love Dragon Style which gets to x2 STR bonus on main attack and x1.5 on Secondary while Crane might be a good idea to protect him on Unfair. Wing should work with it I think and Pounce should turn it (and Fighting Defensively) on earlier than normal. I think Feral Training is in TTT(?) but it might require Codex.

There's another mod I'm not using yet that adds Grappling Feats so that may be the best way to go for Unfair Grappling since the Styles are too Feat heavy to get Shatter.

Yosharian

Arcane

Frankly Aeon needs MR6 for that (as opposed to caster liches, angels and Mobility Trickster, who break the game already at 3-4).
I mean yeah but specifically his ability to continue stripping buffs with no save with each hit, is really nice for this boss fight in particular. And with Prescient Attack + Power of Law that build can basically not miss

Just need to distract him for a few rounds, that's the tricky part

Desiderius

Patron

Just let Seelah and Reg tank him.

Seelah Tank 104 AC vs Playful.jpg

Doesn't even have the Sacred from Smite up yet. Note the Symbol of Revelation on the ground to take away his Concealment and no buddies around to help him flank. Wing has been fixed now granted.

Desiderius

Patron
This is weird. Greybor can now be an Assassin because they changed the Class prereq to allow Neutral (probably so, you know, he could be an Assassin).

Greybor 12 Assaniating Devarra.jpg

Being a Dragon and all Devarra sensed him coming but it still let him use the Assassination ability. Note the autocrit on save (he rolled a six). Gonna take a *lot* of work for that DC to get there even with the Punchnig Dagger that nets +4 on it.

Punching Dagger does have x3 multiplier so would work well with the autocrit. Didn't buy the Dagger for this playthrough.

Greybor Thugssasin 12 Executing a Nabasu.jpg

On the other hand the play is super fun on more normal fights. All this takes place completely outside combat. Notice how they're facing away. Still using Lunge to avoid gettng too close.

He Assassinates the first one which triggers the Public Execution ability (basically free Dreadful Carnage) that Thug base class turns into Fear.

Note rolling the 1 on the made Intimidation check. Can't crit fail a skill check.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I mean yeah but specifically his ability to continue stripping buffs with no save with each hit, is really nice for this boss fight in particular. And with Prescient Attack + Power of Law that build can basically not miss

Well, you have to land the first couple hits, which could be challenging on Unfair now. Particularly after the Finnean progression nerf/fix. Unless you're a Magus with Dimension Strike, of course. Well, I remember True Strike was really nice to open and dispell some stuff with my Aeon.

Yosharian

Arcane

Well, you have to land the first couple hits, which could be challenging on Unfair now. Particularly after the Finnean progression nerf/fix. Unless you're a Magus with Dimension Strike, of course. Well, I remember True Strike was really nice to open and dispell some stuff with my Aeon.
I don't think so, I'm reaching about +75 to hit at that point and automatically hit him flat-footed cos of PA. Two guaranteed dispels from Dispel goggles, I'll be hitting him easily.

The issue I had with that fight was distracting him, because he melts anything he hits in one round pretty much, and I didn't bother to pick up Last Stand on my MC on that run (which I quickly realised was a mistake)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I was wrong about loremaster keeping pet leveling progression going, I just had few spare levels from boon companion

oh well respeccing cleric is too much work to set everything up lvl 15 dog is probably not going to do much late game but guess it can be mascot or something

regarding paladin it feels like lvl 11 or 13 is the best place to multiclass, features between lvl 14-20 don't rly tickle my balls. I want more feats :?
So I probably go with 1 ghost rider / 13 paladin / 6 something
other than that cleric will be 13 cleric / 7 loremaster, rest will stay pure

Desiderius

Patron
I was wrong about loremaster keeping pet leveling progression going, I just had few spare levels from boon companion

oh well respeccing cleric is too much work to set everything up lvl 15 dog is probably not going to do much late game but guess it can be mascot or something

regarding paladin it feels like lvl 11 or 13 is the best place to multiclass, features between lvl 14-20 don't rly tickle my balls. I want more feats :?
So I probably go with 1 ghost rider / 13 paladin / 6 something
other than that cleric will be 13 cleric / 7 loremaster, rest will stay pure
I did Mounted Pal for about a year then rediscovered my fondness for Divine Weapon Bond (and Veil of Heaven/Angelic Aspect, Greater on D). Brilliant Energy is a pretty nice one in this setting. Pal gets Greater Aspect earlier than any other class (lvl 13). 13 is also where Divine Favor tops out but additional levels is more casts - Abundant Casting probably worth it.

I splashed some TSS back when I was still trying to work in caster feats or Shatter Defenses but now I think I’d stay pure to lvl 13 and maybe after to keep Divine Weapon Bond and casts/Smites ticking up.

Playing Seelah as is (starting with Dodge and Shield Focus) you can work a Monk level in for the Shirt slot unlock (and to qualify for Monk weapons) since Dodge is a Crane pre-req.

Using the new Armor/Shield Mythics should really be able to get there as pure tank that can hit through Maluses (Fighting Defensively/Tower) with Bond/Smite/Favor.

Only must have Feats are Outflank/Improved Initiative.

Desiderius

Patron
Divine Weapon Bond is min/lvl naturally (Cam’s is min/activation and Magus has to spend an Arcana to get that duration) and just getting to +5 way early bypasses a lot of DR types. Later on your can stack Holy and Axiomatic or get Brilliant Energy for anything with armor.

PD is wearing a Breastplate IIRC.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Divine Weapon Bond is min/lvl naturally (Cam’s is min/activation and Magus has to spend an Arcana to get that duration) and just getting to +5 way early bypasses a lot of DR types. Later on your can stack Holy and Axiomatic or get Brilliant Energy for anything with armor.

PD is wearing a Breastplate IIRC.
Are there enough enemies in this game whose DR isn't negated by covenant of the inheritor?

Desiderius

Patron
I’ve been turning off the I win buttons. But Inheritor is hard to give up.

There are bosses with stuff like DR/Bludgeoning and Blackwater has DR/Adamantine. Going to try not to abuse Bane of Spirit too much. Save it for Swarms and the Other, etc…

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1705185418956.png

forgot about these guys end of act 4 since they keep spawning more of em
time for some range cheese then

Desiderius

Patron
Cheese? When did that become a name for anything that’s not autoattack lol?

My save sheets usually have like eight lines by then but yeah those guys are not joke even with good saves.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1705187223268.png

well with cheese I meant shit like this :-D but yeah even with athletics trickster with all the buffs + 32 fort save need to be very lucky to get turn even in 1/5th rounds

Desiderius

Patron
View attachment 45561
well with cheese I meant shit like this :-D but yeah even with athletics trickster with all the buffs + 32 fort save need to be very lucky to get turn even in 1/5th rounds
I mean there are other things you can do besides summon tanking. If they’re just going to sit there humming I don’t know why Blading them up would be cheese though.

The hum takes three turns to kill you so they can also just be zerged IIRC if you have good ranged back-up (which is already a good idea - love ranged MCs).

Desiderius

Patron
BTW looks like they finally fixed caster summons as if summons needed to be even better.

My trickster was built around casting. Sorcereous Reflexes + AoE damage with sneaks and Elemental Barrage meant I could come very close to killing all of the crystal monsters on round 1. I think only the strongest (ancient?) ones would survive. Leading strike would help finish them off. Still, not a fun bunch to repeatedly fight. That DC is tough, and they're not easy to harm.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Well I just unlocked persuasion 3 with trickster

after playing few battles with it its time to respec, luckily with respec mod you can also just change mythic stuff

ridiculous shit. it would be fine if it only worked vs weaker enemies but now it clears everything. persuasion 1-2 are cool though gonna keep those

Desiderius

Patron
TTT - Mythic rework really improves the Tricks like that.

Mythic Trickery 2 is one way to legit beat PD. Stripped all his buffs in one turn with my Swordlord MC before she went Legend.

volklore

Arcane
Do you get the new mythic abilities/feats even without having the lord of nothing DLC or you need it for them?

I also recommend Table Top Tweaks (TTT). Beyond restoring some PnP fidelity, I thought it was a direct improvement of just about everything. Trickster mythic tricks included. Persuasion is still hyper-powerful, but not an auto-win.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom