Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Stoned Ape

Savant
Played a bit, it's slightly janky at the start. For example everyone holds their weapons pointing backwards in the inventory screen.

You can generate your character and hire 1 mercenary in the beginning. Additional mercs are recruited by rescuing them from islands.

You can plot a route to different islands to collect different rewards (including permanent level 2 stat boost spelll effects, extra XP, mercenary recruit, ect) these rewards are shown before you explore the islands.

All monsters so far are worth 1XP, and you get some extra for skill checks. Most XP is rewarded for clearing islands.

Cleared 2 islands so far, both trivial difficulty (first had 1 centipede/fly/spider per room, second had pairs of kobolds).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Played a bit, it's slightly janky at the start. For example everyone holds their weapons pointing backwards in the inventory screen.

You can generate your character and hire 1 mercenary in the beginning. Additional mercs are recruited by rescuing them from islands.

You can plot a route to different islands to collect different rewards (including permanent level 2 stat boost spelll effects, extra XP, mercenary recruit, ect) these rewards are shown before you explore the islands.

All monsters so far are worth 1XP, and you get some extra for skill checks. Most XP is rewarded for clearing islands.

Cleared 2 islands so far, both trivial difficulty (first had 1 centipede/fly/spider per room, second had pairs of kobolds).
Do you start at level 1?

If you start over with 2 characters every time that seems like massive incline for cool self sufficient builds over optimizing your entire party to buff a single front liner.

How is resting limited?

Stoned Ape

Savant
Do you start at level 1?

If you start over with 2 characters every time that seems like massive incline for cool self sufficient builds over optimizing your entire party to buff a single front liner.

How is resting limited?
Yes, level 1

The difficulty at the beginning is pretty low, so I imagine any build would be able to do pretty well through the first map (A map has about 10 islands on it, you can visit 3-4 of them in a run). I imagine things will get more difficult after then.

I've only found one rest spot, on the ship you travel on. It generates abyssal corruption VERY quickly.

You can only save at 'anchor points' found on the map. Very FF VII.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Map.jpg

Crossed swords = mercenary

HP+ = Healing Wind

Statue = random buff until end of expedition

'Tower' = clear corruption

Coins = Treasure

torso +1 = +1 increase to random attribute

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn, they made Mythic Weapon Finesse only work for finessable weapons... and obviously forgot to include Fighter's Finesse Trained weapons there.
Makes it kinda useless. As well as my new build.
Thanks Owlcats!

Oh well, maybe the creator of the Tabletop Tweaks will be willing to fix this sooner, I'll ask.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Vek is the de facto Discord mod. They need to just hire people like Vek and Holic to take over the miserable post-release development.

Supermedo

Augur
Wait I thought everybody was kidding about season pass 2, I wish their DLC either expand or takes after the main campaign.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, you start at level 1 in the DLC even if you do it in the main campaign?

Lambach

Arcane
The pace with which you gain Mythic Levels is pretty screwed. You get only a single level-up during the whole of Chapter 3, then you have to go through like 90% of Chapter 4 without a single one, only to start getting bombarded with them afterwards. It makes those later levels feel a lot less hard-earned and individually impactful.

so that's like 15-ish hours between Mythic 5 and 6, then 2-3 hours between Mythic 6 and 7 and less than an hour between 7 and 8. Not sure how it is for other Paths, but I also jumped to 9 in 2 in-game weeks or about an hour of real-time by killing Mephistopheles during the Azata Chapter 5 Mythic Quest.

Also, and I guess this is mostly a dumb nitpick but still, some of the events during which you get a level up seem pretty anti-climactic. Wouldn't it have made more sense, drama-wise, to give you that Level 5 just before you're about to face off against the "Boss" of Chapter 3, i.e. that Balor in Midnight Fane, rather than while taking a stroll afterwards? Or give you level 6 just before or after the culmination of your Path's Mythic quest in Chapter 4, rather than having the "Hey, touch this energy vortex to level up, bro" thing happen instead?

I mean, I really kinda expected to be rewarded with more Azata power after I've performed an epic feat worthy of one, i.e. annihilating one of the biggest slave markets in all of the Abyss, but guess not

Desiderius

Patron
"The effects of buffs and negative statuses now pause during cutscenes"

Big

"Fixed metamagic for Corrosive Touch, Shocking Grasp, Touch Of Gracelessness, Frigid Touch, Force Punch, Vampiric Touch, Bestow Curse, Contagion, Touch Of Slime"

How is this just now getting attention? Has nobody Owlcat knows played a Magus?

"Pentamic Faith discipline now has Hellknight Order of the Godclaw prerequisit instead of the Godclaw faith"

Explaining why MC HK's mysteriously couldn't get it.

Desiderius

Patron
I feel like I kinda had to to match the crazy THC, damage and AC of lategame bosses/enemies.
You felt like you had to since you were putting all your eggs in one basket instead of designing around team synergies. Six threats > one.

Just use AoE buffs and attack their weaknesses. Playful for instance is a Vivi and if you've ever played one you know they're a glass cannon. No Uncanny Dodge, no Mind-immunity so can be Intimidated, etc... Break the glass.

There are a good many no save debuffs as well. Short duration, but there are no bullet sponges so that's all you should need.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Tailwinds in rogue-lite mode provide interesting incentives to custom build your party on each dungeon restart.

E.g.
All dwarves gain +1 constitution score for each dwarf in the party(including themselves).

Nature based (primal druid, sylvan sorc/trickster, hunt caller, feral champion, sacred huntsmaster) characters heal damage with each kill (didn't choose this one, and couldn't go back in the menu, so I may have the details wrong here.)

Apparently, there are quite a few of these...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I feel like I kinda had to to match the crazy THC, damage and AC of lategame bosses/enemies.
You felt like you had to since you were putting all your eggs in one basket instead of designing around team synergies. Six threats > one.

Just use AoE buffs and attack their weaknesses. Playful for instance is a Vivi and if you've ever played one you know they're a glass cannon. No Uncanny Dodge, no Mind-immunity so can be Intimidated, etc... Break the glass.

There are a good many no save debuffs as well. Short duration, but there are no bullet sponges so that's all you should need.
Intimidate roll isn't exactly easy if don't super min-max AFAIR.
Plus you'd need to dispel it first, as it has Greater Heroism AFAIR.

Finnean with Brilliant Energy is very helpful. As are Hex debuffs and other debuffs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Apparently:
Pury
iconGames.png
6 hours ago

Thank you for the extra slot bar for spells.
Thanks. It was insane to manage spells and I'm so satisfied now with this.
That is exactly what I wanted if true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom