Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:obviously: Reactivity! This is what happens if you follow Irori, and seek perfection from within. :obviously:

Irori.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
They are giving almost everything that I want in a CRPG. While other companies are downgrading RPG's into mindless gear farming cooldown managing boring games. I loved Kingmaker. Cranked almost 800 hours on it. And this games have everything great from kingmaker and much more. Mythic paths, new subclasses, new classes, more races, a amazing epic adventure, HoMM3 style crusade...

Which is why you should never settle for a lesser version of your favourite product. Know your worth king.

people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp
This is the vegetative state level of retardation. CPRG != tabletop; if someone fails to understand it (still), then, probably, forcibly assisted suicide is the only solution.
Maybe the point is precisely that it should at least make a better attempt to be closer, you fucking mentally challenged prick?
It's the same stuff people are giving a lot of shit to BG3 for (rightfully so, as far as I'm concerned) and I don't see why Owlcat should get a free pass only because your autistic fatass is happy with it.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am not a fan of this game's encounter design, but Codexians picking hard difficulty and complaining that it is too hard is some next level single-digit IQ shit.
No one is picking on difficulty, people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp . Tuco complained about something , in this epic adventure he does not feel powerful as even mundane enemies have epic stats too and every encounter can be deadly. Again something far from a pen and paper experience.
I hope next olwcat game they completely ditch rtwp and just do 100% faithfull turn based mode. Maybe if they do starfinder next , it could work for mainstream with a new xcom interface.

The stats aren't bloated. Every encounter isn't deadly. In six months he'll be saying it feels just like his PnP experience if not better. He's just mentally out of shape and used to complaining about disappointing games.

As for playing day one there will almost assuredly be classes not working properly at release. For whatever reason that's a low priority for Owlcat. And I seriously doubt the Crusade stuff will be flawless if they even leave it in. My guess is that they'll extend the ch 2 format for ch 3 and maybe not even return to it at all (there's never been any in Ch. 4). Maybe they leave it for the DLC who knows. Other than that things were reasonably smooth even in this last Beta so it's worth a shot as long as you play a class that you know already works instead of pinning your hopes on trying a new one.

You are not dming pathfinder , you dont read the books you base your opinion on blind fanboysm alone. Have a look there for guidelines GM's Guide to Creating Challenging Encounters - Google Docs then use Challenge Rating Calculator - The Juneberry Journal (weebly.com) . Take a look at the encounter in owlcat games , put them int he cr calculator adjust for a party of 6 and compare with guidelines. One encounter of equal CR is supposed to drain 25% of the ressources so . There's certainly more than 4 encounters and they are way above your party cr all the time. On those guidelines they dont say higher CR 100% of the time even for mythic characters . That was first tuco's complaint which is valid by tabletop standard.
Huge hypocrisy on the codex again owlcat gets a free pass while larian or tactical adventures (solasta) doesnt, there's page of peole lamenting the encounter design, but here ah its owlcat ! Everything is perfect by default. I like the game , but i will always prefer something closer to the true experience.
Closer to tabletop the best it is, else why not just enjoy skyrim .

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe the point is precisely that it should at least make a better attempt to be closer, you fucking mentally challenged prick?
How about no? And you will suffer and eventually die?

Have a look there for guidelines
Why? Because of a piece of (obviously) false advertising presented both by Owlcat Games and Larian?

The best approximation to a table-top experience is something that creates a virtual TT game over network. I think there is Tabletop Simulator in Steam or something. You cannot have any kind of table-top experience in a strictly single player game without any coop mode, and with fixed and quite sadistic DM. There is no one to complain to or persuade in such a game. You can either tweak the difficulty or drop it.

It's funny how many beer-and-pizza "gamers" took this bait.

Mortmal

Arcane

Why? Because of a piece of (obviously) false advertising presented both by Owlcat Games and Larian?

The best approximation to a table-top experience is something that creates a virtual TT game over network. I think there is Tabletop Simulator in Steam or something. You cannot have any kind of table-top experience in a strictly single player game without any coop mode, and with fixed and quite sadistic DM. There is no one to complain to or persuade in such a game. You can either tweak the difficulty or drop it.

You can still be much closer to it, like TOE did almost 20 years ago, or kotc , 3.0 system but thats not so different. But its my fault anyway when you go on rpgwatch and say BG3 and larian are maybe not completely perfect you soon hear autistic screeching and people jump at your throat . Here on the codex when you say owlcat games are maybe not perfect and can be improved, you hear same autistic screeching and people jumping at your throat.

Saravan

Savant

You can still be much closer to it, like TOE did almost 20 years ago, or kotc , 3.0 system but thats not so different. But its my fault anyway when you go on rpgwatch and say BG3 and larian are maybe not completely perfect you soon hear autistic screeching and people jump at your throat . Here on the codex when you say owlcat games are maybe not perfect and can be improved, you hear same autistic screeching and people jumping at your throat.

It's not a bunch of people, it's as I said previously the same three dudes performing a circular dick-sucking with each other. Desiderius is not a blind fanboy by the way, that would be far too lenient. Owlcat could take a shit directly into his mouth and he would come back to you with a convoluted explanation of how that was actually a genius design decision supplemented with the latest display of his pokemon cards screenshots showing why you are wrong.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Huge hypocrisy on the codex again owlcat gets a free pass while larian or tactical adventures (solasta) doesnt,

Well, OwlCat mythic path rules creates a far stronger character than the TT mythic path, so the encounters needs to be adjusted too. Probably people tolerate more OwlCat Bloat because
  • 3E ruleset
  • The bloat applies to PC's too (even without MP, wands giving free maximize/empower metamagic and items allowing you to reach crazy high numbers in stats)
  • The RtWP for trash encounters
  • You can speed up to 10x animation speed
  • You can customize difficulty
  • Both Pathfinder games are far higher level than Larian/Tactical Adventures

I'm not saying that OwlCat is perfect. Only that you can't compare BG3 bloat with PF:KM bloat. In my thread about lethality, people mentioned KoTC2 as an example of too much lethality( https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/what-is-the-point-of-low-lethality.138265/ ) inflating numbers in the two games are not the same.

Making a analogy with money inflation, is like as if Wrath and KoTC are akin to Argentine money inflation nowadays(a problem non the less) and BG3 is like Weimar republic or Zimbabwe inflation. A much more serious case, even if the problem is the same.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp
This is the vegetative state level of retardation. CPRG != tabletop; if someone fails to understand it (still), then, probably, forcibly assisted suicide is the only solution.
It's the same stuff people are giving a lot of shit to BG3 for (rightfully so, as far as I'm concerned) and I don't see why Owlcat should get a free pass only because your autistic fatass is happy with it.

Because it works fine as is if you took the time to Resist Fire in a fucking Fortress full of Demons. I’ve offered time and again to go through specifics, I’ve walked you through a typical fight using the OP abilities of, checks notes, Arrow of Law and Sound Burst, and yet you refuse to engage my specifics or offer any of your own.

I’m playing Core with the famously OP Bard Archetype that doesn’t even have Inspire Courage with no stat dumps or splashes and five autoleveled companions (purposefully leaving out the perfect for this setting Paladin) and I’m having trouble missing or getting hit even without half my buffs up. The fight I posted didn’t even last two rounds - where’s the bloat?

Seems to me you just like to bitch and cry.

Desiderius

Patron

Oh for fuck sake I complain all the time. Everyone can see you lying, what can you possibly think it accomplishes? I just can’t imagine the kind of faceroll PnP you guys must be playing if these values are too challenging for you. What’s the point?

Efe

Erudite
I know that is better to wait but OwlCat DESERVES my money. They made the best modern CRPG in a world where everyone is making boring games.

That's a dangerous mindset. Owlcat are a company like any other and they only "deserve" your money for a job well done and a satisfying product. Of course, if bugs don't bother you and the product meets your expectations you are free to give them your money. But please don't develop some misguided notion of brand loyalty.
they deserve it because they delivered a worthy infinity engine successor and even with shitty start, patched it to a reasonable state.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

OK, let's play a game. I guess some people here do not understand that Russian TT experience in the centre of Moscow can be very different from some NYC Queens or Milan.

You are in your Western table top group with your (presumably) friends. Your party just took the side quest for berries from Bokken and went to the cave. There are 4 of you, including obligatory Amiri. You are all of level 2 (I guess). Imagine it is before the nerf, so you encounter the spider swarms. Also, to take the berries you need to pass the skill check.

What do you tell to the DM who constructed such an encounter?

Saravan

Savant

OK, let's play a game. I guess some people here do not understand that Russian TT experience in the centre of Moscow can be very different from some NYC Queens or Milan.

You are in your Western table top group with your (presumably) friends. Your party just took the side quest for berries from Bokken and went to the cave. There are 4 of you, including obligatory Amiri. You are all of level 2 (I guess). Imagine it is before the nerf, so you encounter the spider swarms. Also, to take the berries you need to pass the skill check.

What do you tell to the DM who constructed such an encounter?

I tell him I will leave a negative review on his steam page then I roll for autism check.

Humbaba

Arcane
they deserve it because they delivered a worthy infinity engine successor and even with shitty start, patched it to a reasonable state.

And as soon as it had reached that state, I bought the game. If we're lucky, Wrath will be perfectly fine on launch but if it isn't, I and everyone else with a modicum of sense left in their videogame addled brain will hold out for a bit.

Saravan

Savant
I tell him I will leave a negative review on his steam page then I roll for autism check.
You failed the check, and the DM informs you that he does not even know how to create steam pages.

I get mad at the DM and I immediately take out my folder that has 20 pictures of my character in different encounters and go through each one step by step explaining in detail why I got mad skills.

Desiderius

Patron
I am not a fan of this game's encounter design, but Codexians picking hard difficulty and complaining that it is too hard is some next level single-digit IQ shit.
No one is picking on difficulty, people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp . Tuco complained about something , in this epic adventure he does not feel powerful as even mundane enemies have epic stats too and every encounter can be deadly. Again something far from a pen and paper experience.
I hope next olwcat game they completely ditch rtwp and just do 100% faithfull turn based mode. Maybe if they do starfinder next , it could work for mainstream with a new xcom interface.

The stats aren't bloated. Every encounter isn't deadly. In six months he'll be saying it feels just like his PnP experience if not better. He's just mentally out of shape and used to complaining about disappointing games.

As for playing day one there will almost assuredly be classes not working properly at release. For whatever reason that's a low priority for Owlcat. And I seriously doubt the Crusade stuff will be flawless if they even leave it in. My guess is that they'll extend the ch 2 format for ch 3 and maybe not even return to it at all (there's never been any in Ch. 4). Maybe they leave it for the DLC who knows. Other than that things were reasonably smooth even in this last Beta so it's worth a shot as long as you play a class that you know already works instead of pinning your hopes on trying a new one.

You are not dming pathfinder , you dont read the books you base your opinion on blind fanboysm alone. Have a look there for guidelines GM's Guide to Creating Challenging Encounters - Google Docs then use Challenge Rating Calculator - The Juneberry Journal (weebly.com) . Take a look at the encounter in owlcat games , put them int he cr calculator adjust for a party of 6 and compare with guidelines. One encounter of equal CR is supposed to drain 25% of the ressources so . There's certainly more than 4 encounters and they are way above your party cr all the time. On those guidelines they dont say higher CR 100% of the time even for mythic characters . That was first tuco's complaint which is valid by tabletop standard.
Huge hypocrisy on the codex again owlcat gets a free pass while larian or tactical adventures (solasta) doesnt, there's page of peole lamenting the encounter design, but here ah its owlcat ! Everything is perfect by default. I like the game , but i will always prefer something closer to the true experience.
Closer to tabletop the best it is, else why not just enjoy skyrim .

Certainly more than four where? Drezen is designed to have around seven rests. Are you saying there are 28 encounters? There are three (optional) bosses outside and two (optional) inside. Then the final encounter.

Where are you losing all these resources? Keep citing your specifics I’ll keep blowing them away. You’re jousting at windmills here, and for no good purpose.

All this impotent crying will lead to is even more nerfs and a far shittier experience for everyone. And WTF does Skyrim have to do with anything? Skyrim is even more braindead faceroll than you phaggots want to turn this into.

Face it: you suck. Hard. That’s where we all start out in the great games and the memorable part is surmounting that.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I get mad at the DM and I immediately take out my folder that has 20 pictures of my character in different encounters and go through each one step by step explaining in detail why I got mad skills.
This is Russia, so the DM takes a bottle of vodka and breaks it on your head with full of his strength. (You can check Owlcat Games streams for some guys who are working there as designers).

Other people at the table shrug and continue to play.

Roll for fortitude versus knock down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom