Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RaptorRex888

Learned
For me it doesn't matter, play at release or months later I know I'll play this 10+ times in search of "the perfect playthrough" unless I manage to get that in the first try, which considering Kingmaker it's impossible due to so many variables (although it's mostly all kingdom management bullshit, makes you really want to not upgrade anything and leave the town in squalor to get that ending slide but then again artisan masterpieces)

Let me tell you that time I played the whole game again because I carelessly picked the wrong dialogue option at the end of Linzi's quest
We have this thing called saving and loading your game, you should try it.

I am not a fan of this game's encounter design, but Codexians picking hard difficulty and complaining that it is too hard is some next level single-digit IQ shit.
Jesus Christ, I swear some of you sound like genuine mongoloids.

I've really got a strong urge to play this on release, but a wiser voice is telling me to wait at least a couple of weeks for issues to be ironed out.

Whilst this does seem to be a lot more polished than Kingmaker was at release, I still suspect there are going to be a lot of (hopefully) minor issues on day 1.

In this instance I'll be very happy if I'm wrong of course. It's just judging by the remarks on the last version of the beta, I'm not convinced Owlcat will be able to clear up all those issues in the time they have.
There are still a lot of NOT SO MINOR issues in beta 3, for the record.
"A couple of weeks " may be an optimistic projection.

If anything I'm fairly surprised not last minute delay was announced yet.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am not a fan of this game's encounter design, but Codexians picking hard difficulty and complaining that it is too hard is some next level single-digit IQ shit.
No one is picking on difficulty, people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp . Tuco complained about something , in this epic adventure he does not feel powerful as even mundane enemies have epic stats too and every encounter can be deadly. Again something far from a pen and paper experience.
I hope next olwcat game they completely ditch rtwp and just do 100% faithfull turn based mode. Maybe if they do starfinder next , it could work for mainstream with a new xcom interface.

Percy

Cipher
Difficulty is fine.
There's a few optional encounters which are a bit harder.

I think the most underrated item is the ring you can get at the hellknights outpost

You agree to swap a shadow demons life for a trinket
It gives you immunity to mind shit
This includes those cunty carnivorous crystals

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
No one is picking on difficulty, people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp . Tuco complained about something , in this epic adventure he does not feel powerful as even mundane enemies have epic stats too and every encounter can be deadly. Again something far from a pen and paper experience.
I hope next olwcat game they completely ditch rtwp and just do 100% faithfull turn based mode. Maybe if they do starfinder next , it could work for mainstream with a new xcom interface.

The stats aren't bloated. Every encounter isn't deadly. In six months he'll be saying it feels just like his PnP experience if not better. He's just mentally out of shape and used to complaining about disappointing games.

As for playing day one there will almost assuredly be classes not working properly at release. For whatever reason that's a low priority for Owlcat. And I seriously doubt the Crusade stuff will be flawless if they even leave it in. My guess is that they'll extend the ch 2 format for ch 3 and maybe not even return to it at all (there's never been any in Ch. 4). Maybe they leave it for the DLC who knows. Other than that things were reasonably smooth even in this last Beta so it's worth a shot as long as you play a class that you know already works instead of pinning your hopes on trying a new one.

Desiderius

Patron
The question is wether Trickster sneak dice count for the sneak dice cap.

Wolj Sneaks.jpg

Cap?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
people picking on that the core difficulty , on turn based mode, is not any close to a tabletop session with loat of bloat due to rtwp
This is the vegetative state level of retardation. CPRG != tabletop; if someone fails to understand it (still), then, probably, forcibly assisted suicide is the only solution.

P.S.: and yes, I can be called a partially genuine mongoloid.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I know what you mean.

Leper’s Smile is lvl7. Accomplished Sneak Attacker being bad is what keeps people from spamming it.

Humbaba

Arcane
Imagine playing games on release in current year. I'm going to wait at least until the christmas sale comes around, by then the game will be more polished and cheaper too. Remember lads, patience is a virtue.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I am a backer, so they already have my money. Which means I can make another paythrough of Kingmaker and then play Wrath.

Probably, most of the serious bugs will be fixed during first 2-3 months after the release.

Percy

Cipher
I finished another Beta Run (on core).

A few points:

Shield Bash Seelah is very good
Nuker Daeran is MVP with the right gear.
Wolfjif is legendary buffed
Lann is awesome

Regil is pretty strong even though both his classes kinda suck.

I ran with my trippy fighter/azata but I think when game is released I'll go an evoker something something.

I ruined Nenio by letting her get operated on in Chapter 4. Bugged right now.
Greybor was bugged in my game
Soseil is a fag.
Amber is good but I run Melee heavy
Camelia wasnt chosen due to CnC
Succubus is pretty good but I wanted 1 archer only for the end.

Level 14-15 in Abyss was hard at times but once I got to level 16-17 i smashed cunts.

The tyrant minion battle is still the hardest IMO. I think I only won t hat due to last stand on melee characters to be fair,

Desiderius

Patron
There will be an all ranged Azata run in honor of Ranger Tony with Aru throwing down high DC Entangles and Waves Daeran on the Ice Storms.

Long Bow
Short Bow
XBow
Axes
Staff Sling
Jav

all supported. Cleaving Shot x 6 with Sonic Breath from Baby Dragon tank.

Humbaba

Arcane
I know that is better to wait but OwlCat DESERVES my money. They made the best modern CRPG in a world where everyone is making boring games.

That's a dangerous mindset. Owlcat are a company like any other and they only "deserve" your money for a job well done and a satisfying product. Of course, if bugs don't bother you and the product meets your expectations you are free to give them your money. But please don't develop some misguided notion of brand loyalty.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know that is better to wait but OwlCat DESERVES my money. They made the best modern CRPG in a world where everyone is making boring games.

That's a dangerous mindset. Owlcat are a company like any other and they only "deserve" your money for a job well done and a satisfying product. Of course, if bugs don't bother you and the product meets your expectations you are free to give them your money. But please don't develop some misguided notion of brand loyalty.

They are giving almost everything that I want in a CRPG. While other companies are downgrading RPG's into mindless gear farming cooldown managing boring games. I loved Kingmaker. Cranked almost 800 hours on it. And this games have everything great from kingmaker and much more. Mythic paths, new subclasses, new classes, more races, a amazing epic adventure, HoMM3 style crusade...

can you play a lich but still keep some good aligned companions around without having to "convince" them?

The lich transformation is only in ch 5 and beta ends on ch 4. You get a lot of lich powers, but not transform into a fully fledged lich. So IDK. But I believe that Liches will be able to reanimate bosses to serve him.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Holy fuck. The mythic tricks of the Trickster mythic path are absolutely hilariously OP. It's like using cheat codes. This game is going to be a blast. https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Mythic+Trick

Unless you know how to go absurdly large on skill checks they end up being pretty reasonable, and Perception so far has been pretty disappointing.

The thing here isnt every skill being OP the thing here is you can effectively turn non combat skills into combat one. Take persuation, now if you can persuade people you can convince to suicide, if you are good at perception you cant Orkify items by noticing stuff that isnt even there etc.

Desiderius

Patron
That’s Arcana not Perception and to do the Persuasion stuff you have to pass an opposed check. Coup has the usual checks on top of that etc…

There are several good abilities but you’re very restricted how many you get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom