Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Guarded Hearth is the best buff in the game. Pick community domain.

Guarded Hearth is almost mandatory in this game imo. It's just insanly good , too bad you have to go with Lann or Sosiel to get it if you don't create a mercenary/mod respec someone

Very based verdict but I hope they never do anything about fixing TB because then more people will come into the fold of RTWP enjoyers such as myself.

I kneel/salute to anyone that can actually play this game on RTWP entire time. Act V before going to Threshold was actually pretty easy and found myself using RTWP quite a lot to destroy all enemies but 90% of playthought is Turn based because it's just way too much happening.

Humbaba

Arcane
Guarded Hearth is almost mandatory in this game imo. It's just insanly good , too bad you have to go with Lann or Sosiel to get it if you don't create a mercenary/mod respec someone
Honestly I've softened on Saucyel. While he is buck-breaker-in-chief, his characterisation as a degenerate gambler with latent anger issues is pretty neat. I do not appreciate him sketching me in my sleep though. Even so, he isn't even the biggest perv in the game, that would be Camellia. You see, I would have let her live if she didn't solicit me for sex right after cannibalising someone and then implicitly threaten to rape me when I refused her.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

You forgot your main char. Everyone doing an angel oracle, but an angel cleric is just as good (you don't really need guarded heart as angel tough considering how broken it is right now), or an inquisitor aeon.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just finished my first playthough yesterday.. Overall, i quite liked despite some issues and bugs in turn based mode making me want to kill myself sometimes.

I gotta say the end game dungeon of this game , at least as a Azata Kineticst wasn't nearly as bad as Kingmaker's house. It's much much more enjoyable asides from a few fight but my biggest issue with the endgame isn't the enemies being annoying fuckers like those Wild Hunt but how boring is to fight the enemies.

At a certain point normal goons start to have like 50-60 AC and it's fucking pain to hit them unless you spent a lot of buff or shit like Mark of Justice. Touch AC becomes almost mandatory, thank god Kineticist is fucking bananas and so i could just cheese the fight with Deadly Earth and Cloud combo. Also Animal companions are the best tanks. Those fucker got up to 81 AC without much in the way of optmization.

I did Arue's romance and was pretty decent , but she's clearly the Liara of this game. I did Daeran's quest and i just really enjoy everything about him.
I regret not picking Wenduag tho, Lann was fairly funny but at same time is really fucking annoying , his last quest in particular is really dumb. I get his arc but he's so bleh.. Also the way his romance is start out nowhere and he literaly just put in him as your BF or something shit is weird and he's full of himself. What fucking weirdo dude. Never again.

Seelah is okay , Regill is the best, Sosiel is just really fucking forgetable, Woljif is cool , Ember is cool , Greybor died like a manlet should , Trevo the worst and that's it.

8/10 , fix Turn based and drop the enemies AC by half and all will be good for next game.
You skipped second best companion - Camelia. Both in her usefulness in the party and her character story/surprises. Girl is a rogue, a tank, very useful buffer and can even deal some decent damage if you focus into criticals.
As for dropping AC, game would be way too easy in that case. Mythic powers add too much power for that.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I had no idea what to do with her at first, but Camellia is the most fun character build-wise.

Also, she's fun in that "I wonder how far this ride can go" kind of way.

8ca.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
My angel kept her alive because she is too useful... :\ (also the devs must have known since the choices during chapter 3 in her quest are not tagged by alignment)

volklore

Arcane

I don't even like guarded hearth that much. I prefer stuff that's not 1/day and that I can make value out of every encounter : nobility, madness, good, luck domains all have great abilities that synergizes amazingly with domain zealot. Guarded hearth is the cherry on top if you really need that extra boost. But on my hard playthrough I always forgot to pop it and never really needed it, as I was more content to buff a single character with single target domains like madness and good to setup 1 big carry character (like regill, the dwarf)

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You forgot your main char. Everyone doing an angel oracle, but an angel cleric is just as good (you don't really need guarded heart as angel tough considering how broken it is right now), or an inquisitor aeon.

Inquisitor build for Aeon is viable on Unfair?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On Hard she was a great tank in acts 2-3 - until she... umm... passed away.

Thonius

Arcane
In tougher fights my horse became a bit of a liability since it was often subject to focus firing by Babaus and enlarged Glabrezus. Once it dropped, I might as well have restarted everytime because I would usually get AOO'd to death trying to get up from lying prone.

Currently running my Deliverer with a Vital Strike build. Pretty good so far but I only just got that feat.
Also low will saves on charm etc. Getting prone and then mauled by your own horsie is aint fun!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Some calculations I was doing in Discord:

Maximum CHA:
22 base (Half-Elf)
+10 Level ups
+4 Legend
+8 Cognatogen
+6 Bracers
+6 Allied Court Poet
+2 Inherent
+6 Profane Ascension (Nocticula)
+4 Taco buff
+10 Touch of Glory
= 78 CHA

I can't think of any more (aside from allied 20 BFT giving +8 enhancement)

That's +34 DC just from CHA

(Edit: added a couple more things, corrected mistakes)

For +8 Cognatogen you want deep too much in alchemist.
+6 Profane messes with story.

Touch of Glory adds +10 Cha? For how long?

volklore

Arcane
Touch of Glory is a bug though. It shouldn't buff cha, just cha based skill checks and ability checks.

Humbaba

Arcane
I don't find Camellia useful at all. For tanking there's Regill with his adamantine armor, for sneak attack damage there's Greybor, for hexes there's Ember. Is there anything she does that isn't already covered by someone else?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't find Camellia useful at all. For tanking there's Regill with his adamantine armor, for sneak attack damage there's Greybor, for hexes there's Ember. Is there anything she does that isn't already covered by someone else?

what build did you use on regil to have him be better than camelia at tanking?
edit: i see you mention heavy armor, oh lawd.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Greybor is worst companion in the game. He is crap at damage, tanking or surviving. If you want sneak attack you are better with Wolfjit, he can actually tank with defensive spells and he has good buffs for himself and the party.
Camelia is not a drain on other's resources, she buff herself and others and she can be the party rogue for traps and shit. And if you build her well, she does decent damage as well while being able to heal herself once per combat as a swift action (or more if you got quicken rods). And she can have an animal companion that makes her 2x as deadly. Greybor is completely dependant on others in party and even then he is kind of crap.

EDIT: What chapter are you playing, start of Act 3? If you are using Hexes with Ember on anything but enemies with very high SR you are doing it wrong lol. Ember is way more useful as fire or lightning caster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom