Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Okay, IMO they shouldn't... but there are A LOT of "shouldn't" here... even more then in Kingmaker.

But I imagine that's from 2 sources at least, right?
You can't BOTH Smite Evil and enjoy your own Mark of Justice bonus, right?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Smite evil
Smite chaos
Mark of Justice
Calling from Cavalier

You can use Cha bonus for +attack 4 times, right?

So it'd be x3 - you need another char to MoJ you (still possible, of course).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Is Madness domain touch skill supposed to give +10 attack for 3 rounds?

Was this in Kingmaker? I missed this, do not see it in builds or something, but this is crazy.

Hmm, I heard Madness was strong. But I was under the impression that it should be used on enemies.
Of course, you're also nerfing your saves by 10, but if you can get plenty of immunities, that almost doesn't matter...
Madness can be used both on enemies and friendlies. you pick one stat to buff (AB, skill checks, Saves) and the other two get debuffs. It's absolutely bonkers in any setup, especially with domain zealot. Domain zealot clerics really are the best support in wrath and can help overcome so many bloated stat situations.
Wasn't so impressive in kingmaker because enemies scaled badly and by the time madness was good enough, you don't really need it. Plus no domain zealot.

Guess I know what mythic ability is Sosiel picking next. Was considering Nature to improve his mobility, but that sounds really good.

Yosharian

Arcane
You can also get Sacred & Deflection CHA mod to AC by using Smite Evil + Chaos although that's only against the smited target

ArchAngel

Arcane
Madness can be used both on enemies and friendlies. you pick one stat to buff (AB, skill checks, Saves) and the other two get debuffs. It's absolutely bonkers in any setup, especially with domain zealot.

So you can give boss -10 to attack and saves, i know.

But it requires melee touch attack to hit, right?
Also being in touch range with boss?

Also, why it is not discussed? And was not discussed in Kingmaker? All were talking only about Community domain, but this domain is better!
Sosiel has both Good and Luck and both are OP with Domain Zealot and they have no downsides.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I just finished my first playthough yesterday.. Overall, i quite liked despite some issues and bugs in turn based mode making me want to kill myself sometimes.

I gotta say the end game dungeon of this game , at least as a Azata Kineticst wasn't nearly as bad as Kingmaker's house. It's much much more enjoyable asides from a few fight but my biggest issue with the endgame isn't the enemies being annoying fuckers like those Wild Hunt but how boring is to fight the enemies.

At a certain point normal goons start to have like 50-60 AC and it's fucking pain to hit them unless you spent a lot of buff or shit like Mark of Justice. Touch AC becomes almost mandatory, thank god Kineticist is fucking bananas and so i could just cheese the fight with Deadly Earth and Cloud combo. Also Animal companions are the best tanks. Those fucker got up to 81 AC without much in the way of optmization.

I did Arue's romance and was pretty decent , but she's clearly the Liara of this game. I did Daeran's quest and i just really enjoy everything about him.
I regret not picking Wenduag tho, Lann was fairly funny but at same time is really fucking annoying , his last quest in particular is really dumb. I get his arc but he's so bleh.. Also the way his romance is start out nowhere and he literaly just put in him as your BF or something shit is weird and he's full of himself. What fucking weirdo dude. Never again.

Seelah is okay , Regill is the best, Sosiel is just really fucking forgetable, Woljif is cool , Ember is cool , Greybor died like a manlet should , Trevo the worst and that's it.

8/10 , fix Turn based and drop the enemies AC by half and all will be good for next game.

Humbaba

Arcane
Guarded Hearth is the best buff in the game. Pick community domain.

I just finished my first playthough yesterday.. Overall, i quite liked despite some issues and bugs in turn based mode making me want to kill myself sometimes.

I gotta say the end game dungeon of this game , at least as a Azata Kineticst wasn't nearly as bad as Kingmaker's house. It's much much more enjoyable asides from a few fight but my biggest issue with the endgame isn't the enemies being annoying fuckers like those Wild Hunt but how boring is to fight the enemies.

At a certain point normal goons start to have like 50-60 AC and it's fucking pain to hit them unless you spent a lot of buff or shit like Mark of Justice. Touch AC becomes almost mandatory, thank god Kineticist is fucking bananas and so i could just cheese the fight with Deadly Earth and Cloud combo. Also Animal companions are the best tanks. Those fucker got up to 81 AC without much in the way of optmization.

I did Arue's romance and was pretty decent , but she's clearly the Liara of this game. I did Daeran's quest and i just really enjoy everything about him.
I regret not picking Wenduag tho, Lann was fairly funny but at same time is really fucking annoying , his last quest in particular is really dumb. I get his arc but he's so bleh.. Also the way his romance is start out nowhere and he literaly just put in him as your BF or something shit is weird and he's full of himself. What fucking weirdo dude. Never again.

Seelah is okay , Regill is the best, Sosiel is just really fucking forgetable, Woljif is cool , Ember is cool , Greybor died like a manlet should , Trevo the worst and that's it.

8/10 , fix Turn based and drop the enemies AC by half and all will be good for next game.
Very based verdict but I hope they never do anything about fixing TB because then more people will come into the fold of RTWP enjoyers such as myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom