Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Actually the hard cap for Caster Level on Legend is supposed to be like 28. But to achieve that you need to have a (max?) Prestige class prior to level 20. Otherwise the cap is CL 20.

Edit: I think it was actually lower then 28 for Legend. Not sure how much now.
What? Why? That is stupid. That makes Legend pointless expect for martial builds.

Delterius

Arcane
legend having a maximum potential CL of 28 feels so arbitrary that it probably wasn't even intended for it to go past 20

that said if they let legend reach a CL of 30 in some patch they might as well let everyone spellbook merge

ArchAngel

Arcane
legend having a maximum potential CL of 28 feels so arbitrary that it probably wasn't even intended for it to go past 20

that said if they let legend reach a CL of 30 in some patch they might as well let everyone spellbook merge
Why? if you can go 40 level of classes then going Wizard 20/Loremaster 10/Signifier 10 should give you CL 40 like it should.

Delterius

Arcane

Why? if you can go 40 level of classes then going Wizard 20/Loremaster 10/Signifier 10 should give you CL 40 like it should.
or not. this isn't science you know. all it takes is for an owlcat to say 'post CL 20 spellcasting is a feature of angel and lich only' and there ya go.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Both Lich and Angel can put lvl 9 spells into lvl 10 slots with Persistent metamagic (after you lower its level mod to only +1). So you get best of all worlds.

Did you actually try to do it, or just assuming it would work? also how did you lower persistent to +1.... ? With angel there is no way to do it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I like Azata, but Aivu sorely reminds me of one particular toaster from a wholly different universe. That one that participated in the Incident.

Humbaba

Arcane
Am I crazy or does this game have some kind of AI director? I just went through Drezen and noticed that enemy casters would keep spamming icy prison and I don't remember them doing that on my first playthrough. And a spell as cancerous as icy prison is something I would definitely remember.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Am I crazy or does this game have some kind of AI director? I just went through Drezen and noticed that enemy casters would keep spamming icy prison and I don't remember them doing that on my first playthrough. And a spell as cancerous as icy prison is something I would definitely remember.
It had become lot more annoying in the enemies' hands after its DC calculation got fixed. Now Icy Prison requires 25-30+ STR check as it should and it could go on low-str characters for whole minutes of its duration. And it isn't covered by effect reset after combat's end in difficulty settings.

Yosharian

Arcane
Cavalier's Order of the Star ability, 'Calling', grants your CHA modifier as a bonus to ALL of these:

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

for one minute every time you use it, you can use it 4x per day, requires 2 levels in any Cavalier variant, free action to activate

I hope I don't need to elaborate on why this is insane (hint: my martial Legend build has 50 CHA)

Humbaba

Arcane
The short king brigade consisting of Regill, Greybor and my Halfling PC continues blast through everything that's not a dozen Babaus.

Difficulty setting?
Both playthroughs on core.

It had become lot more annoying in the enemies' hands after its DC calculation got fixed. Now Icy Prison requires 25-30+ STR check as it should and it could go on low-str characters for whole minutes of its duration. And it isn't covered by effect reset after combat's end in difficulty settings.
Thank god it can be dispelled but if someone in melee gets paralysed he might as well just drop dead right then and there. Extremely nasty spell that one.

Daidre

Arcane
Thank god it can be dispelled but if someone in melee gets paralysed he might as well just drop dead right then and there. Extremely nasty spell that one.
Freedom of Movement helps against it. Cold DoT still stay but it could be negated by Resist Elements.

I hope I don't need to elaborate on why this is insane (hint: my martial Legend build has 50 CHA)
I guess Legens builds would be more attractive if going Legend would not have made me feel utterly pathetic from RP perspective by simping to the one of most unpleasant NPCs in the game. And if it had not led to a quite mediocre ending when in other mythics
You could turn back time, or kill Demon Lord Duo forever, or kick Nocticula out of her own city and claim it for yourself, or even ascend to demigodhood on top of it.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Cavalier's Order of the Star ability, 'Calling', grants your CHA modifier as a bonus to ALL of these:

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

for one minute every time you use it, you can use it 4x per day, requires 2 levels in any Cavalier variant, free action to activate
Have you actually tried it or is it just speculation? Because it's supposed to work on a single roll during that minute.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

Have you actually tried it or is it just speculation? Because it's supposed to work on a single roll during that minute.

I agree. However there's precedence with Glory Domain Grace...

Yosharian

Arcane

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

I agree. However there's precedence with Glory Domain Grace...
Yup, it has been tested and it lasts the full minute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom