Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
I may or may not have added 2 levels of Disciple of the Pike to my martial Legend build

ArchAngel

Arcane
Cavalier's Order of the Star ability, 'Calling', grants your CHA modifier as a bonus to ALL of these:

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

for one minute every time you use it, you can use it 4x per day, requires 2 levels in any Cavalier variant, free action to activate

I hope I don't need to elaborate on why this is insane (hint: my martial Legend build has 50 CHA)
I don't see how it is insane. Legend already has enough attack to hit anything, you don't need more attack. Also you should have enough saving throws and skills to pass whatever your other party members are not focused into.

Yosharian

Arcane
I am now triple dipping on CHA-to-hit during boss fights

162 AB at level 40

Smite Evil, Cavalier and....?
Smite Chaos

Attack Bonus Breakdown:
  • +40: Base Attack Bonus (Transformation)
  • +19: Strength bonus
  • +1: Insight (Goggles of Piercing Gaze)
  • +6: Luck (Divine Power spell)
  • +2: Enhancement (Bane, Sword Saint)
  • +5: Enhancement (Weapon enhancement)
  • +4: Morale (Greater Heroism)
  • +6: Competence (Lethal Stance, allied Skald)
  • +7: Sacred (Guarded Hearth)
  • +3: Untyped (Weapon Training)
  • +2: Untyped (Favored Enemy - Demons)
  • +2: Untyped (Weapon Focus & Greater WF feats)
  • +1: Untyped (Haste spell)
  • +4: Untyped (Outflank feat + Flanking bonus)
  • +4: Untyped (Inspired Rage, allied Skald with Demonic Resentment)
  • +2: Untyped (Cloak of Blood Scent, allied Skald)
  • +20: Untyped (Smite Evil)
  • +20: Untyped (Smite Chaos)
  • Total Attack Bonus: 148

ArchAngel

Arcane
Current UI for spells and hotkey bars are very subpar for full casters and especially for those that like to metamagic a lot. Anyone knows a good mod that makes that better?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Is Madness domain touch skill supposed to give +10 attack for 3 rounds?

Was this in Kingmaker? I missed this, do not see it in builds or something, but this is crazy.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Cavalier's Order of the Star ability, 'Calling', grants your CHA modifier as a bonus to ALL of these:

• ability checks
  • attack rolls
  • saving throws
  • skill checks

for one minute every time you use it, you can use it 4x per day, requires 2 levels in any Cavalier variant, free action to activate

I hope I don't need to elaborate on why this is insane (hint: my martial Legend build has 50 CHA)

Confirmed.

How did you find it? Yourself?

Bonus is competence, by the way and lasts full minute.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Was this in Kingmaker? I missed this, do not see it in builds or something, but this is crazy.

Hmm, I heard Madness was strong. But I was under the impression that it should be used on enemies.
Of course, you're also nerfing your saves by 10, but if you can get plenty of immunities, that almost doesn't matter...

Yosharian

Arcane
I get a lot of information from just hanging around in the Discord and seeing what people are talking about in the builds channel

ArchAngel

Arcane
Current UI for spells and hotkey bars are very subpar for full casters and especially for those that like to metamagic a lot. Anyone knows a good mod that makes that better?
Didn't find any :( Though something remotely useful towards your needs might be in these two:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/137
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/8
Tnx for links, I clicked on both but I don't see how any of those help.
We need a mod that either gives us more bars on the left with empty fields to put spells in or some overhaul that gives us a NWN2 type spell UI where all you get is small icons next to each other and you can see it all at once.

EDIT:
I found this: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/202?tab=files
Not exactly what I wanted but I need to try it.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Smite evil
Smite chaos
Mark of Justice
Calling from Cavalier

You can use Cha bonus for +attack 4 times, right?

volklore

Arcane

Hmm, I heard Madness was strong. But I was under the impression that it should be used on enemies.
Of course, you're also nerfing your saves by 10, but if you can get plenty of immunities, that almost doesn't matter...
Madness can be used both on enemies and friendlies. you pick one stat to buff (AB, skill checks, Saves) and the other two get debuffs. It's absolutely bonkers in any setup, especially with domain zealot. Domain zealot clerics really are the best support in wrath and can help overcome so many bloated stat situations.
Wasn't so impressive in kingmaker because enemies scaled badly and by the time madness was good enough, you don't really need it. Plus no domain zealot.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
22 base+4 lvl-up+6 helmet+2 book+4 alchemy+6 scald = 44 charisma = 17 bonus
44 charisma is not max (could use +8 ehch item instead of +6, trickster +1 etc).

So 17x4 = you get +68 to hit just from Charisma alone?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Madness can be used both on enemies and friendlies. you pick one stat to buff (AB, skill checks, Saves) and the other two get debuffs. It's absolutely bonkers in any setup, especially with domain zealot.

So you can give boss -10 to attack and saves, i know.

But it requires melee touch attack to hit, right?
Also being in touch range with boss?

Also, why it is not discussed? And was not discussed in Kingmaker? All were talking only about Community domain, but this domain is better!

volklore

Arcane
In kingmaker you don't have domain zealot, and extra domain mythic so it's crap action economy, and pretty big opportunity cost (you could pick community or nobility domains instead). And domain spells are not great unless you want to make some kind of illusion caster cleric.
Plus kingmaker enemies scaled badly so by the time madness got good, you didn't really need it.

Landing a touch attack with a domain cleric isn't hard, even on unfair. And with domain zealot Sosiel you can do a bunch of insanities like Community and nobility domain pre-combat then touch of good on himself + move action to the boss + hit the boss with touch of madness. And that's not even accounting for all the other buffs from other party members.
Touch of madness was my bread and butter to break through high saves on my caster playthrough. You need good spell pen though and combat casting helps too, so it's not completely free.

And it's great as a buff too, to set up a big burst round to overcome super high ac enemies.

As to why it's not discussed as much in wrath? Because people use other stuff, I found out about madness domain by trying to play a save or suck caster on hard/unfair and looking at all the possible debuffs for saves when simply going for hex + shaken + sicken was not enough.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Smite evil
Smite chaos
Mark of Justice
Calling from Cavalier

I don't think Mark of Justice should stack with Smite Evil? Since its basically the same thing (but "Community" version)?
Or am I mistaken?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Smite evil
Smite chaos
Mark of Justice
Calling from Cavalier

I don't think Mark of Justice should stack with Smite Evil? Since its basically the same thing?
Or am I mistaken?

People say it stacks. Someone can test it?

Check "Mr.Smite" description in link below.
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/builds/Main_Character
Smites do stack. And if you have a Palladin mercenary with Judgement Mark, it stacks too. Because reasons.

Unless they changed it in recent patch, anyone can test it with new patch?

Yosharian

Arcane
Not sure because the AB bonus from Smites is untyped I think

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom