Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OMG, Chapter 4 ending is just too insane. I strugled and almost ran out of spells in a single boss and when defeated him

DEMON LORD CALLED BAPHOMET APPEARS and I had no high level spells, no health, nothing...

Now the encounter becomes how to kill terryfying boss followed by another, I'm playing in custom, with enlarged enemies, enemies slight powerful and custom behaviors for enemies. I'm even considering lowering difficulty. The first "boss" was a constant reload till I will initiative cuz if not, one of his henchmann will sirroco me to the ground.

mondblut

Arcane
Any reason to finish P:K before starting this? Is it connected to first game or are they separate story?

You can now play PK being reasonably sure it's a complete and finished game, while waiting for another two years until they fix this one and stop milking it with DLCs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
OWLCAT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE I'M ONLY LEVEL 7!
That's either a very fucked up random encounter or you just skipped a fuckton of content if you're just level 7 and fighting that.

Now the encounter becomes how to kill terryfying boss followed by another, I'm playing in custom, with enlarged enemies, enemies slight powerful and custom behaviors for enemies. I'm even considering lowering difficulty. The first "boss" was a constant reload till I will initiative cuz if not, one of his henchmann will sirroco me to the ground.
Post pics, I wanna see a Lich fight the fucker :D

I think it was supposed to be a downscaled enemy? I did defeat it with some effort.

Rieser

Scholar
Literally screamed that laughing cunt Nulkineth to death on the top of a chapel while the main theme played.

Game's already worth the price.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Cleave feels gud.
Tk80g5i.png
>rat swarm is immune to cleave
>rat swarm dies

Saravan

Savant
This is the only character I like. Nice fat man who is always there for you with decent gear, is always at the same place at the camp and doesn't want to tell you his life story. After you exhaust all his other talking points there are only two options. You either buy from the fat man or you tell him you have to go.

yVrdj99.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Visual Adjustments Mod: https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod

You use it to modify the cosmetic appearances of your companion characters, including voice barks, portrait, character doll model and their weapons and armor.

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

The only downside is that the voiced story dialog lines will still be in the original VA, and while you can disable voice acting it isn't per-character, so you're stuck with the original VA during dialog scenes.

Perhaps there's a way to delete only Seelah's dialog VA from the game files? I haven't bothered looking yet, maybe it is as simple as that. For new Seelah's voice barks I picked "Queen Galfrey", she sounds cute.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Visual Adjustments Mod: https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod

You use it to modify the cosmetic appearances of your companion characters, including voice barks, portrait, character doll model and their weapons and armor.

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

The only downside is that the voiced story dialog lines will still be in the original VA, and while you can disable voice acting it isn't per-character, so you're stuck with the original VA during dialog scenes.

Perhaps there's a way to delete only Seelah's dialog VA from the game files? I haven't bothered looking yet, maybe it is as simple as that. For new Seelah's voice barks I picked "Queen Galfrey", she sounds cute.
This is the most racist thing anyone has done or said in this entire thread. Like, self-awareness much?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

Commendable efforts. If we could only change the voice though.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

This is the most racist thing anyone has done or said in this entire thread. Like, self-awareness much?
Hey, a man’s got preferences. Your bisexual ass should know that quite well by now…

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously, how do you defend from those babau in Gwerm's mansion?
scroll of haste, scroll of displacement, cold iron weapons and arrows/scroll of bless weapon
There is a sneaky one which only does sneak attacks. Even after it has been revealed. Damage in the 10s-20s with every attack. I've got a party of lvl 3 wimps here.

Erebus

Arcane
Just bought the game, haven't yet decided what my first character's going to be. First impressions :

- I'm not sure that a CRPG really needs seven different difficulty levels.

- More options when it comes to character creation are always a good thing, but offering 25 different classes and more than 150 archetypes is, perhaps, slightly over the top.

- All in all, the rules are much better explained than they were in Kingmaker.

- Are you telling me that I'm allowed to worship utterly monstrous deities, a drunken idiot or even the goddess of death herself, but that I can't worship Groetus ? I guess I'm making all of my characters atheists.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I avoided the beta thread to stay clear of spoilers and keep the first playthrough as fresh as possible.

I started a Cavalier with a plan of going legendary path. From what I have played so far, I either made an okay choice or a terrible mistake. Something about mounted combat seems inconsistent.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I intentionally avoided the beta thread to stay clear of spoilers and keep the first playthrough as fresh as possible.

I started a Cavalier with a plan of going legendary path. From what I have played so far, I either made an okay choice or a terrible mistake. Something about mounted combat seems inconsistent.
It’s bugged, play something else for now.

FriendlyMerchant

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

I also don't like Seelah's voice either. Even if she is a negress, I don't think she should have the southern basketball-american accent or basketball-american mannerisms like she does in this game.

Daithos

Literate
So what's the consensus so far? Is it worth dropping full price on this thing or would it be better to wait for the first sale/bug fixes?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I intentionally avoided the beta thread to stay clear of spoilers and keep the first playthrough as fresh as possible.

Damn, it seems to work on the fights so far, but I could see it being awful in boss fights. Also, it bugs if you try to loot on the horse.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
- Are you telling me that I'm allowed to worship utterly monstrous deities, a drunken idiot or even the goddess of death herself, but that I can't worship Groetus ? I guess I'm making all of my characters atheists.
It's because this game is about creating edgy munchkin characters, not real ones. The abundance of options are just there for various power gaming fantasies, not actual roleplaying. That's what this entire campaign is about. That's why you can transform into various insanely powerful mythic beings at all.

I worked this out this design philosophy for certain back when I realized what an absolute larpy mess I could create with a dual-blooded sorcerer dhampir, even without the mythic paths.

Rieser

Scholar

What's wrong with it? Don't even have anyone with a pet yet, never mind riding it.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

What's wrong with it? Don't even have anyone with a pet yet, never mind riding it.
You can’t control it once combat starts in RT it just attacks, mount feats also broken. No fucking armor for horse at least for early game so it just gets on shot all the time and you fall off and get AOO’d.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom