Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
- Are you telling me that I'm allowed to worship utterly monstrous deities, a drunken idiot or even the goddess of death herself, but that I can't worship Groetus ? I guess I'm making all of my characters atheists.
Worshiping Groetus doesn't make much sense in this particular case imo. Given how only madmen worship Groetus and he doesn't care, I'm not sure how that helps you win a war. Not that worshiping Zon-Kathon makes sense, but he gives his clerics powers at the very least.

Mauman

Scholar
What's wrong with it? Don't even have anyone with a pet yet, never mind riding it.

Well, pets with attacks over 2 are losing their attacks after you save and reload the game once.

This most affects the Simoladon, but it also affects the Leopard and Elk pretty badly.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
btw why people play with companions if they don't like them? Just hire mercenaries?
not enough cash yet
Yeah, making you pay 4500 per merc is just stupid. What's the gameplay rational for this? It's not like you can ever have more than a set amount of characters in your party. I think the devs just want to punish players for not picking their shitty companions.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
btw why people play with companions if they don't like them? Just hire mercenaries?
Expensive, you would have to cheat for a full party or save up legit like a madman. I tried it but the issue is the early game doesn’t allow you to go to certain companion quest only areas, which means you miss out on lots of useful XP, items and shit. So not worth it especially for adventure autist.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, making you pay 4500 per merc is just stupid. What's the gameplay rational for this? It's not like you can ever have more than a set amount of characters in your party. I think the devs just want to punish players for not picking their shitty companions.
Must listen to woke ladies or pay them alimony. Just like in real life.

Rieser

Scholar
You can’t control it once combat starts in RT it just attacks, mount feats also broken. No fucking armor for horse at least for early game so it just gets on shot all the time and you fall off and get AOO’d.

Well, pets with attacks over 2 are losing their attacks after you save and reload the game once.

This most affects the Simoladon, but it also affects the Leopard and Elk pretty badly.

How is crap like that even in 1.0? Seems like pretty obvious stuff, assuming you have a pet/rider.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You can’t control it once combat starts in RT it just attacks, mount feats also broken. No fucking armor for horse at least for early game so it just gets on shot all the time and you fall off and get AOO’d.

How is crap like that even in 1.0? Seems like pretty obvious stuff, assuming you have a pet/rider.
Beta backers spent all their time kissing developer ass and shilling it on forums instead of actually playtesting the game or viewing it from a rational, unbiased perspective.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Expensive, you would have to cheat for a full party or save up legit like a madman. I tried it but the issue is the early game doesn’t allow you to go to certain companion quest only areas, which means you miss out on lots of useful XP, items and shit. So not worth it especially for adventure autist.
Playing on Core rules, I don't know where to go to at the moment, so I wouldn't get my ass handed to me. All locations have enemies which are vastly outperforming me so that I have little mathematical chance of victory. Buffing up before every fight is too expensive and rest spamming isn't an option. Most locations are just bait with nothing but a silly strong combat encounter and absolute shit loot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There are many random bugs. Lann's model disappeared for me at one point and I had to quick save and reload to make him visible again. I'd just wait for a few patches before continuing, especially if you want to play the new classes or try mounted combat.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Playing on Core rules, I don't know where to go to at the moment, so I wouldn't get my ass handed to me. All locations have enemies which are vastly outperforming me so that I have little mathematical chance of victory. Buffing up before every fight is too expensive and rest spamming isn't an option. Most locations are just bait with nothing but a silly strong combat encounter and absolute shit loot.
Buy some fireball scrolls from the mage guy at the tavern, should help. Game is very overturned. I’m just now going to start Market Square and onward (only previously did it in alpha and wasn’t that bad but it probably got harder.). Masochistic design is expected tbh, it’s owlcat..

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-5_1-30-53.png

Summoned Undead are not immune to level drain. :lol:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The only downside is that the voiced story dialog lines will still be in the original VA, and while you can disable voice acting it isn't per-character, so you're stuck with the original VA during dialog scenes.
Are you saying that you can deduce the skin colour of a person by her or his voice?

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm getting that lovely warm feeling, like relaxing into a hot bath, that one gets with good, classic RPGs that you can really get your teeth into :) That beautiful mix of immersion in another world and its stories, plus nerdy brain engagement, that you can't get from any other style of game - the holy grail that we all know and love.

In other news, Cavalier Gendarme is interesting, cool how they've managed to incorporate horseys, though it's still a bit clunky in terms of use. Particularly with formation - I've settled on having a triangle walking formation for 3 melees, tank at point, with me in the middle behind him, the horse on one side of me, the other second-liner on the other side of me forming the base of the triangle. It means one maintains an "arrow" formation when one mounts the horsey (because one mounts onto the horse), and the formation stays when one dismounts.

And a PSA - the Respecialization mod is fixed. It was duplicating items and naughtily making your 25 point stat allocation disappear on new character creation. both things now fixed as of the 1.02.2 version on Github.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is there any reason to play a fighter over a paladin?

Both can deal massive damage and tank except paladin just gets straight immunity to everything and good abilities.

Erebus

Arcane
Worshiping Groetus doesn't make much sense in this particular case imo. Given how only madmen worship Groetus and he doesn't care, I'm not sure how that helps you win a war. Not that worshiping Zon-Kathon makes sense, but he gives his clerics powers at the very least.

I rather liked Harrim in Kingmaker. And having a PC who believes that the world is ultimately doomed, yet decides to act even though he expects his achievements to be short-lived, could have been rather interesting.

Besides, it's not like worshipping Groetus would be crazier than worshipping Gyronna, Lamashtu, Zon-Kuthon, Urgathoa or freaking Rovagug.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Any reason to finish P:K before starting this? Is it connected to first game or are they separate story?
Only one: when you finish Kingmaker WotR will be fully patched.

And no, they are connected only by the same planet and Universe.

Good to know. As much as I had fun with P:K, after killing my nine hundred and ninety ninth owlbear I was starting to feel fatigued.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like PF:WoTR still in the top most sold steam game https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

Anyway, got past of chapter 4 but din't got lichdoom yet. How I dealt with this super powerful bosses? By overpowering then with the most OP persistent spells that I can cast before the fight even begin.

BPWuZFA.png

The swarms are only to attack and serve as distraction case he passes all saves, they would't last a second in the area. The unique thing which I will miss from ch 4 is the brothel. hu3hu3h3u "only a complete idiot would demand loyalty from a succubus!", say that for the guys romancing Arueshalae

LzJ1ZxU.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom