Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Rest in the tavern without Daeran - 1 day 9 hours
Rest in the tavern with Daeran - 9 hours
I wish I knew that sooner

Tge time is longer because you don’t have heals. It’s shorter with him because he haz channels. Seelah gets them too at lvl 4.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sure of that, but the problem is that you don't know this unless you take her with you. Why would you do this, however? She
My character will be taking her because she is a cat-spider girl with all other amazing qualities you listed. And then it's up to him / me to be worthy of her.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Gargoyles are extremely resilient and can fly. Taking them down with the available troops (archers, footmen, hellknights in my case) takes AGES.
That's how gargoyles are in HoMM-3. Also, their damage is quite low - again, as in HoMM. So I would say this is a faithful implementation.

Main thing that makes them dangerous is Smite Good. Kotex immune to that shit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm sure of that, but the problem is that you don't know this unless you take her with you. Why would you do this, however? She
My character will be taking her because she is a cat-spider girl with all other amazing qualities you listed. And then it's up to him / me to be worthy of her.
Why, though? That effectively makes her your master and you prostrate yourself to her. What kind of character do you have to be in order to do this? Very psychologically and emotionally damaged at least.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No shit summons are overpowered, as standard actions you can SHIT them everywhere.

Imagine when you see the high level lich spells. AoE harm, Domain of the Hungry flesh which is a black tentacles + sirroco with attribute damage, create undead creates a skeleton warrior which dishes 40 damage per attack and has like 130 hp(...)

Ghulgothas

Arcane
You guys see anything related to that 'Doubled Reactivity' stretch-goal yet? So far my Dhampromancer has gotten extra dialogue from the Act 1 Barkeep, and a Moth keeps showing up during dialogue sessions related to the early Lich path. I think that's due to my choice of patron god.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-4_23-48-46.png

:salute:

Lacrymas

Arcane
You guys see anything related to that 'Doubled Reactivity' stretch-goal yet? So far my Dhampromancer has gotten extra dialogue from the Act 1 Barkeep, and a Moth keeps showing up during dialogue sessions related to the early Lich path. I think that's due to my choice of patron god.
Double from 0 is still 0, son. I'm playing a cleric of Iomedae and nobody has said anything yet.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You heard here first, folks. A spider misses an elf. Betcha Owlcat can't be this progressive.
What!
t6btLlU.gif

Balls, brudda, BALLS. You think elf boy is there going all James Blunt over this:

7xTXzrN.jpeg

Then he laments it can never be a thing... guess he'll have to settle for one of his own elven kind...

4G6xXpYi6wMlViLz_uHEveyoeaoPHmKkKmwRMd8o1aA.jpg

Aww, little manlet boy sure has MY fucking sympathy. Poor little fuckboy ain't gonna know the joys of illogical cross-species sex and post-coitus death. Sooo sad. Everyone cry.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Any reason to finish P:K before starting this? Is it connected to first game or are they separate story?
No Kingmakers endgame is absolute shit. Just play this one, gameplay is far superior.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I mean, where are guys like Kheldorn, Anomen, Durance, Harrim, Valerie, Aribeth and so forth? Nobody wants to fight demons for religious reasons or to help people? You could switch the cast of characters with any party-based RPG at random and the companions would fit the game better.
More importantly, why does the player want to fight the demons? Especially if they're not the hero type?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game throws so many healing potions at you, I'm just chugging them like at a buffet. Iirc, it was the same in Kangmaker.
Yeah they are the main heal thing until your atheistic degenerate priests get good channelling going lol.

By the way,does anyone know any way to get less seconds between attacks? That weird faceless bitch demon really fucked me up with that instant attack shit. Does anyone know what skill/feat she used for it ?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
is there anyone who killed the large water elemental in melee on hard difficulty?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one with this issue with the Crusader Army battles.

Many of the early low level demon armies have gargoyles in them. About ~30. Gargoyles are extremely resilient and can fly. Taking them down with the available troops (archers, footmen, hellknights in my case) takes AGES. There is no tactic or trick or weakness I could use to speed this up. I can't even LOSE the battle if I just keep clicking attack for 10 minutes straight because they can't really damage by units either. And to add insult to injury, you usually get all the troops back as long as the stack itself survives.
They are not bad....but there is a lot of work to be done. Like being able to see units's stats,knowing what will you get from the council choices. You should always save before making them,i got a bunch of champions which feel worst than the recruits i got before lol. Same goes for the generals,being able to see their progression and skills would be nice. Fighting enemies i have noticed that magic is very op,tho i don't have a single general that could actually do something remotely useful. I just fought some dude that was killing like 100 of me archers with a single spell,lol broken.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The game throws so many healing potions at you, I'm just chugging them like at a buffet. Iirc, it was the same in Kangmaker.
Yeah they are the main heal thing until your atheistic degenerate priests get good channelling going lol.
The heal potion spam is a consequence of the RTwP combat imo. They feel the need to have a combat encounter in every room, so you are obviously going to get damaged at one point. But since you are level 2, you don't have much character-based healing available and the healing potions basically become a necessity, especially if you aren't a cleric yourself. I can't imagine giving out 30+ healing potions in a single dungeon in tabletop.

One more conclusion about the labyrinth/whole prologue - I see it getting very tedious and annoying on subsequent playthroughs, I hope someone makes a mod to skip it. That's a shame really. Pointlessly big for what it is, a tutorial with 2 good (well, good isn't the right word, more like demanding attention) fights in it. You can remove 80% of the fights and it will be an improvement. This would be a nightmare in TB mode. Forget minorities and women, this is the real problem right here. The prologue could've been much better. Make the mongrel base a quest hub, get more side quests in there, more exploration of mushroom caves and less of basements, more character development for Lann and Wenduag (especially with her ...personality flaws), etc.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, I'm second floor in Gwerm's house, how the hell do I protect from the sneak attack, it usually oneshots my fighters or gets me close to zero health.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom