Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hm, does it make sense to multi to a cleric at level 7/8 and later merge spellbook with angel?

Or given the late caster start, is it better to get a separate mythic spellbook (and maybe skip cleric then)?

Salvo

Arcane
Hm, does it make sense to multi to a cleric at level 7/8 and later merge spellbook with angel?

Or given the late caster start, is it better to get a separate mythic spellbook (and maybe skip cleric then)?
You don't dip full casters, you either go pure or do something else

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
So, I was in blackwater before this last update, but when I loaded up my save, all the augmented succubus, kalavakus, grunts, defenders, etc just go down in one hit. Like I just breathe on them with a cantrip and they go prone waiting for me to coup de grace them. What the hell? Kind of disappointing actually, I was having fun relying on ember to debuff their saving throws, having my MC throw a icy prison/chains of light on them and then finishing them off. Now it just feels unsatisfying. New bug?

Sharpedge

Prophet

What are you trying to do with your cleric?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Well, the idea was to get angel caster levels to get Frightful Aspect, Divine Power, Righteous Might, Eaglesoul, Archons Aura and a few other buffs. Maybe a few healing and offensive spells too.
Angel should make this possible even on multiclassed character. But I wonder if it's even worth it - since it will come late AND separate spell books can offer decent spell selection too (probably no Frightful Aspect, though).

Sharpedge

Prophet

Well, the idea was to get angel caster levels to get Frightful Aspect, Divine Power, Righteous Might, Eaglesoul, Archons Aura and a few other buffs. Maybe a few healing and offensive spells too.
Angel should make this possible even on multiclassed character. But I wonder if it's even worth it - since it will come late AND separate spell books can offer decent spell selection too (probably no Frightful Aspect, though).
It works as a character concept, I made a melee character like that a while ago on oracle, you could probably pull it off as well on cleric. I would probably go Cleric of Erastil for the Community Domain to grab Guarded Hearth for some difficult fights. I still would not multiclass it much however. If you go the dex tanking route maybe a monk level, but that is about as far as I would go on cleric. Oracle I feel is a bit more versatile and you can maybe go with 2 paladin levels.

If you say "no casual" it is not casual.
It's not casual as long as the balls don't touch.

Just killed Playful Darkness:happytrollboy:

Quite easy with the right setup. Maybe I should start bringing clerics with me.
Nicely done, that one was enough of a pain in the ass I ignored it. Probably could've done it if I rested and rejiggered my spells to lean on OP lich bullshit but it whacked me hard enough that I just wanted to close out the chapter.
Reasonably easy using positive energy. Bastard has absurd AC so hitting it with physical attacks is often a no go. Even with a lucky 20 he is still concealed.
Pilar of light or positive channeling are sure hit "attacks" so you can chip its health away.
Basically Death ward everyone, add True sight in everyone so at least ranged touch has a chance of hitting and spam positive energy. A buffer of summons helps. I think Ember got the kill at the end.

You can return there from demon city and try at you leisure.

Delterius

Arcane
but increasing a ray's critical damage multiple and reaching 15-20
Could also take levels in archer magus and deliver ranged spells through crossbows instead. They have 19-20 crit range, rays crit on 20. Or some ranged unique that has base 18–20. And magus has some synergy with trickster anyway since he has wand-specific talents.

Don't know how that item boosting thing works for tricksters, says it adds new magic effects on identified weapons. Does that include random chance for "lethal" modifier?
If you're already an Eldritch Archer, sure, but dipping from a full caster into Magus is silly.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you say "no casual" it is not casual.
It's not casual as long as the balls don't touch.

Just killed Playful Darkness:happytrollboy:

Quite easy with the right setup. Maybe I should start bringing clerics with me.
Nicely done, that one was enough of a pain in the ass I ignored it. Probably could've done it if I rested and rejiggered my spells to lean on OP lich bullshit but it whacked me hard enough that I just wanted to close out the chapter.
Reasonably easy using positive energy. Bastard has absurd AC so hitting it with physical attacks is often a no go. Even with a lucky 20 he is still concealed.
Pilar of light or positive channeling are sure hit "attacks" so you can chip its health away.
Basically Death ward everyone, add True sight in everyone so at least ranged touch has a chance of hitting and spam positive energy. A buffer of summons helps. I think Ember got the kill at the end.

You can return there from demon city and try at you leisure.

Attribute damage also works amazingly well. Domain of the Hungry flesh is how I defeated him.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Just go full oracle with battle and life mysteries? But yeah that'll work if you only go cleric path for buffing and healing.

Sheepherder

Augur
Angel's Sword of Heaven seems a bit too good. Helps with making oracles and clerics excellent nukers. At mythic lvl4 I took Abolish Guile, gives +50% damage against "creatures that use compulsion" when Sword of Heaven is on. But it seems to work on nearly everything, from zombies, to demons and dragons. And not just melee damage - spells too.

More angel fuckery. Angels get a halo and one of the halo improvements they get to pick empowers any AoE spell cast by an ally if the angel is the primary target and spells cast by the angel himself also count. Quite nice, but unfortunately it cannot empower Storm of Justice, the best angel spell. So not as good as I'd like it to be...
It does empower channeling tho. And one of the Oracle kits get a channeling ability which can blast evil outsiders. So with mythic channeling, Abolish Guile and the halo mod, damage goes up to 150ish, more with the fancy gear I'm sure. Absolutely not worth the feats, since it's 1d6 per 2 char levels and requires a will save but it's a cool little feature.

Also, one of the Sword of Heaven upgrades, probably Grand Blessing adds +20 damage to spells, dunno if it's to all spells. Just because lol :D So a cast of Storm of Justice can eventually deal up to ~600 damage in an AoE. Much more if the staff that maximizes and empowers every fourth spell works with it.

It does
B1vTkxb.jpg

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
You can give sheela water bloodline from sorc and give her level 20 abilities immediately at level 6, immune to cold (insert X elemental bloodline) and get immune to crits and sneaks seems good

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Just go full oracle with battle and life mysteries? But yeah that'll work if you only go cleric path for buffing and healing.

But I really like my Sohei...

... just don't feel it's a great investment past level 6 (or 11).

CodexTotalWar

Learned
I am at the loss when trying to debuff AC of the high level enemies (bosses and stuff). Their resistances make all my debuff spells useless. Any advices? Thinking out of the box?

In my pure class Paladin / Angel playthrough, the MVP of buffs/debuffs for me in terms of hitting all those high AC "secret bosses" is usually the Brilliant Energy weapon property, along with the usual suspect buffs and Evil Eye spam.

Finnean comes with that property by default, and it usually is good for an effective +8ish to hit. Just make sure to cast Greater Magic Weapon on him to make him a +5.

TUsuueQ.png
Obviously Smite Evil and Guide the Faithful isn't available to everyone, but other classes have other tools. I was also missing Legendary Proportions (+1), Crusader's Bane (+2), the Outflank feat (+2) if you really need to squeeze out some extra AB.

If you're looking for other specific buffs, Sosiel's Good Domain also provides a HUGE + 1/2 Cleric level Sacred Bonus to hit (Touch of Good). It's a 1 round thing IIRC, so you gotta keep spamming it.

Alternatively, the Community Domain's Guarded Hearth is a +WIS to AB, also Sacred buff that is great for boss fights. Limited in use, but it lasts longer (so it frees up your action). You do need to grab it via Impossible Domain on Sosiel or build a Merc/MC with it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If I didn't do the first Radiance upgrade in the Inn courtyard, can I do both the first and the second at the end of act 2, or am I screwed? :lol:

I'm about to find out I guess :D

Sharpedge

Prophet

But I really like my Sohei...

... just don't feel it's a great investment past level 6 (or 11).
I made a couple of versions of my build, just to see what was possible. It was made for soloing the game though, not for playing with a group. Here was the armored version, it had no dips at all, although it could benefit from 2 paladin levels (mostly for smite evil).
mWOCJQ8.png

sXtJYgF.png
I didn't go life domain, mainly because it feels really unnecessary considering the angel healing spells. Its battle domain and ice domain, taking seamantle and ice body from ice domain, as well as some of the feats. Take note that even though spells like magical vestment state they stop giving additional bonuses above CL 20, they actually do keep giving bonuses above CL 20. I did also theorycraft an unarmoured version, which benefits far more from ice domain, since it gets to benefit from ice armour. This one is more "dip heavy" and probably is more in line with what you are looking for.
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
All in all though, I just don't really feel like multiclassing a divine caster is worth it. Sure you can maybe eke out a little bit more power from it, but not much.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
All in all though, I just don't really feel like multiclassing a divine caster is worth it. Sure you can maybe eke out a little bit more power from it, but not much.

Well, I'm rather looking to bring more variety and preferably also power + resilience to my primarily martial character.

So far I consider two options. The already mentioned Cleric Angel or maybe Aeon with some martial combo. The latter would eventually get some divine buffs from Aeon also (maybe later? or not, given late cleric start). Sadly no Frightful Aspect, though.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I am at the loss when trying to debuff AC of the high level enemies (bosses and stuff). Their resistances make all my debuff spells useless. Any advices? Thinking out of the box?

In my pure class Paladin / Angel playthrough, the MVP of buffs/debuffs for me in terms of hitting all those high AC "secret bosses" is usually the Brilliant Energy weapon property, along with the usual suspect buffs and Evil Eye spam.

Finnean comes with that property by default, and it usually is good for an effective +8ish to hit. Just make sure to cast Greater Magic Weapon on him to make him a +5.

TUsuueQ.png
Obviously Smite Evil and Guide the Faithful isn't available to everyone, but other classes have other tools. I was also missing Legendary Proportions (+1), Crusader's Bane (+2), the Outflank feat (+2) if you really need to squeeze out some extra AB.

If you're looking for other specific buffs, Sosiel's Good Domain also provides a HUGE + 1/2 Cleric level Sacred Bonus to hit (Touch of Good). It's a 1 round thing IIRC, so you gotta keep spamming it.

Alternatively, the Community Domain's Guarded Hearth is a +WIS to AB, also Sacred buff that is great for boss fights. Limited in use, but it lasts longer (so it frees up your action). You do need to grab it via Impossible Domain on Sosiel or build a Merc/MC with it.

Critical miss in that? Damn... I felt that too here. Anyway, I generally have no problem with buffing the PC's in a similar way, but I thought there should be some good way to debuff enemies as well. Tthings like 30 Ref, For, Will and 17 Spell Resist make it just meh. Thank you for taking the time to react though, it's nice to see all the different bonuses in one log.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom