Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah their stats are a little too fucking perfect. I don't like it very much.

I am actually a big fan of imperfect characters and fixing them with equipment and gear, especially if its also explained by story and is "in character" for them. A generally low point buy is fine to me, provided everyone is within same limits. But in PK the differences are just too striking.

We all know it matters shit as +2 ab and damage from extra strength ultimately mean nothing in the realm of pool of +70 ab from all the sources, but let's at least pretend everyone is about the same, doesn't have 100% perfect spread and have same point buy. It's only fair.

And if everyone is already perfect spread whats even my role there, I need to babysit and grow them and fine tune my dudes.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
nHJylCQ.jpg

So even with their overhaul of the mythic system, they couldn't make something functional for anything but the main character and had to stick companions in a single generic mythic path. Remind me why they picked this awful AP again?

Last edited:

Tytus

Arcane
They fight a Balor in the video. Not sure what happens but he explodes (I guess you aren't supposed to take a Balor at lvl8+2mythic(?)). Anyway he says "death to mortals" thats really cringe and borderline retarded and I hope they will change it.

Death to this mortal!

GAMEPLAY!

This new RTS game looks pretty cool.

Well yeah, RTwP was taken from the RTS genre it's a not a surprise an RPG with a lot of units turns into an RTS game. That is one of the many reasons TB is superior ;)

GAMEPLAY!

This new RTS game looks pretty cool.
Go and play your extremely tactical and epic game,BG 3. It seems that you are too smart for this one.

Despite what the RTwP retards will claim ;)

Tytus

Arcane
Can't wait for the epic amount of kiting during battles :P
You're saying like it's something to be avoided.
Or as something that can't be avoided. It is clear that our boy tytus here is too shit at rtwp and have to resort to all the cheese lol.

Yes, yes. fantadomat is so super skilled he uses his mouse with his anus.
The cheese shouldn't be there in the first place. TB makes cheese like kitting a non-issue.
You claimed in other thread that TB has kitting too, but never actually provided any example (outside pointing to BG3 gameplay proving you don't know what kitting is).

Efe

Erudite
as long as your movement is longer than enemy, you can kite turn based just as well.

Tytus

Arcane
as long as your movement is longer than enemy, you can kite turn based just as well.

Thing is this isn't the main issue in kitting. The thing that really breaks the immersion in kitting is basically splitting bigger group of enemies, kitting just a few of them into the killing zone, and then doing it again until the larger group is dead. All while a portion of the enemies aren't hostile to you and "wait" their turn to be activated. Neverwinter Nights 2 had a huge a problem with this. Pathfinder Kingmaker had as well. And here you had the pathfinding problem on top of that. During my romp through Vordekai tomb you encounter a dining hall full of enemies. All the zombies should've been a challenge, but instead zombies got stuck on each other and when I stood in the door they were attacking me in smaller groups while other ones were either spiining in circles or trying to find a path to me and taking weird routes. In TB such issues are pretty much impossible. When entering an encounter zone all enemies are activated and gunning for you. There is no way to only activate 2 out of 6 enemies and kite them out of the room. Then go back again and finish the rest. Also thanks to turns pathfinding is by nature a lot better because enemies won't bump into each other.

RTwP encourages such behaviour and you had to artificially limit yourself of not doing it, while TB by nature gives you a better designed fights.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Can't wait for the epic amount of kiting during battles :P
You're saying like it's something to be avoided.
Or as something that can't be avoided. It is clear that our boy tytus here is too shit at rtwp and have to resort to all the cheese lol.

Yes, yes. fantadomat is so super skilled he uses his mouse with his anus.
The cheese shouldn't be there in the first place. TB makes cheese like kitting a non-issue.
You claimed in other thread that TB has kitting too, but never actually provided any example (outside pointing to BG3 gameplay proving you don't know what kitting is).

TB is for people who can't handle the mobs kiting on them.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Imho, effectively kite in P:K is much more difficult comparing to IE - games: all animals have 40-50 speed, so kiting them in early game is tricky. All big creatures have extended reach and their AoO radius is huge. Expeditious Retreat (personal, but could be outsourced with Alchemist) helps a bit it is mostly for 1 Archer shoot and run and requires a lot of free space that is not often available.
I could count by fingers amount of times when I was actually kiting in P:K in 1k+ hours, but in BG 1 for example, I kite on low-level more often than not, at least until I get first melee with AC well into negative numbers (-5 and better).

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Thing is this isn't the main issue in kitting. The thing that really breaks the immersion in kitting is basically splitting bigger group of enemies, kitting just a few of them into the killing zone, and then doing it again until the larger group is dead. All while a portion of the enemies aren't hostile to you and "wait" their turn to be activated. Neverwinter Nights 2 had a huge a problem with this. Pathfinder Kingmaker had as well. And here you had the pathfinding problem on top of that. During my romp through Vordekai tomb you encounter a dining hall full of enemies. All the zombies should've been a challenge, but instead zombies got stuck on each other and when I stood in the door they were attacking me in smaller groups while other ones were either spiining in circles or trying to find a path to me and taking weird routes. In TB such issues are pretty much impossible. When entering an encounter zone all enemies are activated and gunning for you. There is no way to only activate 2 out of 6 enemies and kite them out of the room. Then go back again and finish the rest. Also thanks to turns pathfinding is by nature a lot better because enemies won't bump into each other.

RTwP encourages such behaviour and you had to artificially limit yourself of not doing it, while TB by nature gives you a better designed fights.
You do sound like guy that doesn't play rpgs at all lol. First of all i haven't argued that you can kite in TB (which you actually can),cite me or fuck off. Also retreating from a fight to a better position for you i kiting.....which is not. Kiting is when you use an archer to lure a dude from the enemy group without aggroing the rest of the group,or abusing the AI to run circles around your melee fighters which make attacks of opportunity while the enemy is chasing your archer. Fuck,at least learn what kiting is before writing such a self-righteous shit lol.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Imho, effectively kite in P:K is much more difficult comparing to IE - games: all animals has 40-50 speed, so kiting them in early game is tricky. All big creatures has extended reach and their AoO radius is huge. Expeditious Retreat (personal, but could be outsourced with Alchemist) helps a bit it is mostly for 1 Archer shoot and run and requires a lot of free space that is not often available.
I could count by fingers amount of times I was actually kiting in P:K in 1k+ hours, but in BG 1 for example, I kite on low-level more often than not, at least until I get first melee with AC well into negative numbers (-5 and better).

You can do it with difficult terrain and mass feather step but usually don't need to.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imho, effectively kite in P:K is much more difficult comparing to IE - games: all animals has 40-50 speed, so kiting them in early game is tricky. All big creatures has extended reach and their AoO radius is huge. Expeditious Retreat (personal, but could be outsourced with Alchemist) helps a bit it is mostly for 1 Archer shoot and run and requires a lot of free space that is not often available.
I could count by fingers amount of times I was actually kiting in P:K in 1k+ hours, but in BG 1 for example, I kite on low-level more often than not, at least until I get first melee with AC well into negative numbers (-5 and better).
Kiting is boring,it takes away the challenge of the fight. It should be used only against unfair enemies,after the fifth reload :).

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

You do sound like guy that doesn't play rpgs at all lol. First of all i haven't argued that you can kite in TB (which you actually can),cite me or fuck off. Also retreating from a fight to a better position for you i kiting.....which is not. Kiting is when you use an archer to lure a dude from the enemy group without aggroing the rest of the group,or abusing the AI to run circles around your melee fighters which make attacks of opportunity while the enemy is chasing your archer. Fuck,at least learn what kiting is before writing such a self-righteous shit lol.
Kiting is when you run away from an enemy and use ranged attacks or sometimes AoO( at least you mentioned this part...) to kill it. What you're thinking of is luring. Fucking casuals.

Tytus

Arcane
Kiting is when you use an archer to lure a dude from the enemy group without aggroing the rest of the group,or abusing the AI to run circles around your melee fighters which make attacks of opportunity while the enemy is chasing your archer.

in kitting is basically splitting bigger group of enemies, kitting just a few of them into the killing zone, and then doing it again until the larger group is dead. All while a portion of the enemies aren't hostile to you and "wait" their turn to be activated.

That's what I wrote you retard. Splitting the enemy group without aggroing the rest. So you're not only dumb but you can't even read. Good to know.

:updatedmytxt:

And BTW abusing the enemy run cycles is hard to do in TB, thank you for proving again TB is the superior system ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom