Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This game needs to have an achievement for playing the whole game on rtwp on unfair. I would hate for TBers to think they actually achieved something when they just did it on casual mode.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
This game needs to have an achievement for playing the whole game on rtwp on unfair. I would hate for TBers to think they actually achieved something when they just did it on casual mode.
The real 200 IQ move would be if Owlcat decided against any achivements at all and just laughed at the casuals.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On an unrelated note, the "x2 attack animations" are going to be really interesting to see in regards to monks and unarmed combat. I'm hoping for some real roundhouse kicks and cartwheels.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So far, I see a need for at least three mods.
  • A simple portrait-switch and minor model adjustment so Seelah the negrodin isn't a negress.
  • A dialogue mod that allows us to do the [Lawful Good] thing and banish the tranny "Anevia" Tirabade for abject degeneracy and endangering the war effort.
  • An NPC mod that changes his "wife", the lesbian "paladin" half-orc Irabeth Tirabade from Paladin to something more appropriate.
All in all, it might actually be harder to unfuck Wrath of the Righteous, since these mongoloid sues are forced into and integrated in the Adventure Path. At the very least, Anevia is intended to be an advisor. Hopefully, you'll be able to get rid of him permanently, but I doubt they'll let it be a Lawful Good action. If so, it should be easy to just add another dialogue option, making it Lawful Good, but tie it to the same (non-alignment) triggers as the Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil choice as.
You've gone off the deep end, huh.

Gregz

Arcane
Recommend us a good zen archer build Gregz

It's basically Perfect Strike + Flurry of Blows. Stack as much Wisdom as you can for Deadly Aim. Improved Critical pays big dividends as you get more attacks from Flurry. The ability to craft is essential to making this build work, but the dipshits at Owlcat decided not to implement crafting. For instance, you'll want to craft Composite Longbows +X as you increase your strength, enabling you to equip stronger bows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...en_archer_monk_questions_perfect_strike_with/

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

It's basically Perfect Strike + Flurry of Blows. Stack as much Wisdom as you can for Deadly Aim. Improved Critical pays big dividends as you get more attacks from Flurry. The ability to craft is essential to making this build work however, and the geniuses at Owlcat decided not to implement crafting. For instance, you'll want to craft Composite Longbows +X as you increase your strength, enabling you to equip stronger bows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...en_archer_monk_questions_perfect_strike_with/
I was actually expecting a troll answer, or an insult from you. Thank you. This build looks fun.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Crafting is a plague on a games itemization. They should just add a better variety of weapons or make less weapon types and give each one they leave in some love. Finding unique items through quests or exploration is ruined if you can just craft a better one.

I guess the developer would have to look at what type of itemization they want and add a crafting system or not depending on what they choose but I much prefer finding out buying equipment purposefully placed in the game. Random drops and crafting don't appeal to me

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Gregz If crafting doesn't make it into the game. Will the build still be viable?

Even if the devs don't add crafting, a modder will, just like they did with Kingmaker... so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your goal is an unmodded run.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Crafting is a plague on a games itemization. They should just add a better variety of weapons or make less weapon types and give each one they leave in some love. Finding unique items through quests or exploration is ruined if you can just craft a better one.

I guess the developer would have to look at what type of itemization they want and add a crafting system or not depending on what they choose but I much prefer finding out buying equipment purposefully placed in the game. Random drops and crafting don't appeal to me
Well, the problems with Kingmaker is that if you're a martial and try to spec into a weapon. You may get fucked later in the game. For example, dueling swords have an even enough progression throughout the entire game. You're bound to come across a dueling sword at any one point of the game. Through the early game, mid game, late game, you will find a dueling sword. Where else if say someone were to spec into an estoc, they may get burned real hard. As estocs do not have an even progression. You my find one or two in the early game, maybe one in the mid game, if you're lucky, and maybe another in the late game. It was a disaster on release day. The enhanced edition attempted to fix it, but by not enough. I asked the developers if they have any plans to improve weapon progression in the sequel, and they said they're working on it.

The reason why this is such a big deal. Is because martials usually pick a weapon, and then spend most of their feats being good at that weapon. All of that goes out the window when you're stuck with a +1 long sword through out the entire game.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
41CwycP.jpg

The MONKeighs dont even have proper weapons phhhhhh
Sweet summer child... :)

Codex Year of the Donut
  • A simple portrait-switch and minor model adjustment so Seelah the negrodin isn't a negress.
  • A dialogue mod that allows us to do the [Lawful Good] thing and banish the tranny "Anevia" Tirabade for abject degeneracy and endangering the war effort.
  • An NPC mod that changes his "wife", the lesbian "paladin" half-orc Irabeth Tirabade from Paladin to something more appropriate.
:what:
what the fuck is going on in this game

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Speaking of weapon progression. This is why monks are unironically the best class in the game, followed by paladin and sword saint. Paladin and Sword Saint can self enchant their weapons. While monks have built in unarmed passives in their kit.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Playing a monk is about playing that epitome of human ability, training and discipline - the constant pursuit to perfect yourself both mentally and physically.

It's also about balance of self, and adapting to any situation - like... water.

Every character around you chases weapons, magic or items in search for power, when real, true, power lies within. All you have to do is take it. :)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Anyways, if some of you are interested, and don't know what to play in the sequel. We have this thing in /pfg/ where you can roll. Based on your roll you will then refer to the roll table on what class/race/mythic path you want to play.
Here is the post: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/283586524#p283586795
Here is how it works:
1) You reply to the post
2) You look at these numbers at the top of your post:
1PvJFS2.png
3) Based on the last three numbers you then refer to the roll table and go from there.

It's a fun thing. Try it out if you want.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It's basically Perfect Strike + Flurry of Blows. Stack as much Wisdom as you can for Deadly Aim. Improved Critical pays big dividends as you get more attacks from Flurry. The ability to craft is essential to making this build work, but the dipshits at Owlcat decided not to implement crafting. For instance, you'll want to craft Composite Longbows +X as you increase your strength, enabling you to equip stronger bows.

Thanks, man, this sounds legit awesome.

My first MC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom