Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

dacencora

Dude, I cannot. They did they same exact fuck-ups they did the last game.

Dogshit optimization with shitton of memory leaks, visual glitches and game ruining bugs (including bugs that were fixed in the first game, like enemies becoming immortal for no reason). How fucking retarded do you have to be to make the same bugs AGAIN?
Half of the damn game you will spend on loading screens! Why does it have to load in to every open world battle, house, map, crusade encounter? Holy shit!
I'm not one to bring up the "upgrade your toaster" argument, but I'm playing this at 1440p with all options maxed out, on a machine that's a bit over 7 years old. The only newer component is a 1080ti (2017), which I bought second hand in 2020. I'm just saying it's not all that about the optimization. And yes, you need an ssd, damn it.
You do realize that a 1080ti is still one of the best cards you can have, right? I mean the 2080/Ti edge it out and the 3070/3080/3090 are definitely better but bots are eating them left and right.

-t. GTX 1080 holder, been trying to upgrade for like 2 years lol.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You're missing the point. Who would ever give them anything? In order to be a beggar they need a bunch of charitable and gullible people who will give them money for free. Save for a couple of people the entire population is made of creatures for are embodiment of not being very charitable or kind to anyone. Why is ever gonna give them anything? The population of creatures that are at least neutral is too small to sustain them. Can you imagine a Succubus throwing some coins to a poor starving shitmob? Also they're not that worthless, some of the beggars are these fat little demons that throw poison fog in the HoMM battles.
Theyre powerless creatures (oftentimes due to having their powers stripped from them) in a city that has visitors from all kinds of planes, most if not all of which end up in the lower city first. There's plenty of other outsiders, including non-evil ones, that are more than willing to be "kind" whether it is for personal benefit, or because their nature dictates them to be that way. There were beggars in Sigil, and there's no reason for there to not be any in this city either. It's not just demons, its all kinds of folk visiting and some of the beggars might very well be simply disgusing themselves to look for weak-willed travellers or other demons to take advantage of. What else are they gonna do?

Jorus

Educated
Finished my Demon playthrough and achieved the
Ascension ending
46ywhr.png
Overall I had more fun with Demon than I did with the Lich path which is a shame since I was more hyped for the Lich path.

Jackpot

Learned
Wow, the zap attack that dropped in Blackwater actually got a thumbnail and description.
iu9QvWL.jpg

Now if there isn't some secret quest to upgrade them into a superpowerful weapon that I can wield later on I'm going to be disappointed.

Lamiosa

Educated
Finished my Demon playthrough and achieved the
Ascension ending
46ywhr.png
Overall I had more fun with Demon than I did with the Lich path which is a shame since I was more hyped for the Lich path.

Yeah I'm having a blast too, this shit never gets old:
image.png

I think I could get a higher DC if I made some different choices during the mythic quest, but it doesn't matter at this point, game difficulty took a dive after the insane late game power of demon path

Although I found the reactivity a bit low in chapter 5, I'm not sure even if there are crusaders following me anymore lol
I will probably go lawful good next time, got hyped by the dragon lady from the new total war trailer. It looks like Eldritch Scion can get dragonkind III now? Bloodrager could work too but you only get dragonform on level 16.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
For those of you that finished the Demon Path, how developed is the Cunning sub-path of it? Is it still mostly "rage at everything" or have they added some decent choices that fall into a deceitful/cunning style?

Lamiosa

Educated
For those of you that finished the Demon Path, how developed is the Cunning sub-path of it? Is it still mostly "rage at everything" or have they added some decent choices that fall into a deceitful/cunning style?

Hm, you can often supress your rage, but that's it, there is not an alternative thing for you to do exactly. There is a bit of cunning with the option of you convincing some demons to help you / betraying others during your mythic quest in chapter 5, similar to the arena quest line, but that's it. Although I still have to play chapter 6.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You're missing the point. Who would ever give them anything? In order to be a beggar they need a bunch of charitable and gullible people who will give them money for free. Save for a couple of people the entire population is made of creatures for are embodiment of not being very charitable or kind to anyone. Why is ever gonna give them anything? The population of creatures that are at least neutral is too small to sustain them. Can you imagine a Succubus throwing some coins to a poor starving shitmob? Also they're not that worthless, some of the beggars are these fat little demons that throw poison fog in the HoMM battles.
Theyre powerless creatures (oftentimes due to having their powers stripped from them) in a city that has visitors from all kinds of planes, most if not all of which end up in the lower city first. There's plenty of other outsiders, including non-evil ones, that are more than willing to be "kind" whether it is for personal benefit, or because their nature dictates them to be that way. There were beggars in Sigil, and there's no reason for there to not be any in this city either. It's not just demons, its all kinds of folk visiting and some of the beggars might very well be simply disgusing themselves to look for weak-willed travellers or other demons.

Sigil was more or less neutral and the city included visitors from everywhere, since this was the main gimmick. That included creatures from higher planes that are charitable by nature. But majority of the population are normal people. Here the only normal people in the lower city area bunch of guests at the tavern. A tavern where demons try to rob you every night. Everyone else is a chaotic evil creature. Majority of visitors would probably also be of evil alignment, since there aren't exactly many attractions for good good-hearted folks. Hand of Inheritor had to conceal himself there which implies that creatures from higher planes aren't exactly welcome in town. And even if a good adventurer ever came to visit why would he ever donate to a creature which is an embodiment of pure evil? It just makes no sense. And also, why would they ever try to look weaker? Isn't killing and/or torturing everyone weaker than you for fun and profit the whole point of chaotic evil alignment? Beggar demons are just inviting everyone to shit down their throat.
Notice how there aren't any beggars in Drow cities in RPGs. And Drows are just creatures who happen to be cruel and treacherous, not creatures which are defined by being evil.

There's the problem then, that's how you get "worthless" demons. Can't even use em as cannonfodder.

But they can, the entire first act is about killing cannon-fodder demons. They could just send these against the crusade. They aren't some uber-weak NPC-only demons. The beggars are either enemies you've been fighting early games or some random tieflings.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Hm, you can often supress your rage, but that's it, there is not an alternative thing for you to do exactly. There is a bit of cunning with the option of you convincing some demons to help you / betraying others during your mythic quest in chapter 5, similar to the arena quest line, but that's it. Although I still have to play chapter 6.
That's a bit sad to hear, considering Nocticula is a perfect example of a scheming/cunning type of demon succeeding over all the more brutish and forceful types. Most Mythic Paths have minor variations within them, i.e. Angel can often choose between Mercy or Vengeance/Retribution, Aeon has 3 different alignments, one of them directly leading to the Devil Path during Late game, and Azata also has a few different ones. The expectation, and I think plan, for Demon was to also have these 2 sub-paths, but the Cunning one seems woefully underdeveloped. Unfortunate.

From what I could tell so far, Demon is either to rage, or not to rage, with the latter leading to you having to be obedient and accept that your adversary is more powerful than you are. Having these subservient acts be actual schemes or cunning ploys that would later benefit you, would be far more interesting, but so far it didn't feel like that at all.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would make sense that the Mythic paths at the corners (LG, CG, LE and CE) to have only binary attitudes, meanwhile all the rest would have 3.

And I assume the most complex ought to be which ever one fits TN. (Which one would that be, by the way? Swarm?)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Isn't killing and/or torturing everyone weaker than you for fun and profit the whole point of chaotic evil alignment?
I think this is where we disagree. Chaotic Evil can be many things, and the most obvious one would be the torturing bloodthirsty abomination that most demons seem to be. But there are other types, and we've seen a lot of them in action during the first few chapters, that disguise acts of charity or even kindness as it furthers their own goals long-term. Minagho seemed to "care" (as far as the word is applicable for a demon) for Staunton to the degree that he received something even the crusaders couldn't give him, but it wasn't for his benefit, not as a first priority anyway. It served her goals to show him "compassion" or at least pretend to do so, while knowing how much torment it caused both him and the people he knew. Evil, yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it made him feel better than he ever did the last 70+ years.

I'm sure there's plenty of demons that would happily give something to a Beggar just to watch him die because the food was poisoned, or to get certain favors in return. They might also simply be disguise

Denim Destroyer

Learned
I'm at the end of Act 3 waiting for the Queen to arrive but I got to find a way to spend 30 days (turned off crusade mode) and all I have to do quest wise is Blackwater. It is tempting to try it again but I am afraid of having to buy some ointment because of how ass blasted I will get.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I'm at the end of Act 3 waiting for the Queen to arrive but I got to find a way to spend 30 days (turned off crusade mode) and all I have to do quest wise is Blackwater. It is tempting to try it again but I am afraid of having to buy some ointment because of how ass blasted I will get.
You put crusade system on auto? Why?

Last edited:

CodexTotalWar

Learned
I'm replaying parts of Act 4 now that the respeccing bug has been identified. Now not only am I stuck playing a character that's missing a feat (weird bug that caused me to respec in the first place), it looks like a quest that was previously perfectly fine in Act 4 is now broken (Grudge to Settle, a certain enemy doesn't spawn anymore).

Might just take a break and come back in a month or two at this point... I've enjoyed the game, but I'm honestly not too sure if the last acts here will be stable enough to finish in an enjoyable manner.

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned

I did not care for it and I only found out how much content I am missing out on until after disabling crusade mode. Wish I just downloaded one of those cheat mods to make it go by faster but oh well.

purupuru

Learned
Man, if they have to make romance in rpgs at least make the candidates each have their very specific standards and preferences, like in Arcanum.
Having Daeran give my 8 CHA old Dwarf a full room of rose petals feels super weird. If I wanted to play a gay character I'd have rolled an elf.
Maybe when he offered to join your party you should have told him go away like I did and you would not have this problem with your dwarf.
I like him though, he is some of the more entertaining companions. Also this PC is a Cayden Cailean follower and Trickster so Daeran is a better fit than most.
I think one of the biggest problems with romance in rpgs is exactly what you are saying here: the player is often forced into a place where he have to either fuck the companion or tell the companion to fuck off, when a normal friendship would have been a lot less awkward and probably better written.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

I did not care for it and I only found out how much content I am missing out on until after disabling crusade mode. Wish I just downloaded one of those cheat mods to make it go by faster but oh well.
Yea, download the combat mod or whatever it’s called, I have it and you can still use all the content.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

How can you not care for it before you even understand how to play it?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Isn't killing and/or torturing everyone weaker than you for fun and profit the whole point of chaotic evil alignment?
I think this is where we disagree. Chaotic Evil can be many things, and the most obvious one would be the torturing bloodthirsty abomination that most demons seem to be. But there are other types, and we've seen a lot of them in action during the first few chapters, that disguise acts of charity or even kindness as it furthers their own goals long-term. Minagho seemed to "care" (as far as the word is applicable for a demon) for Staunton to the degree that he received something even the crusaders couldn't give him, but it wasn't for his benefit, not as a first priority anyway. It served her goals to show him "compassion" or at least pretend to do so, while knowing how much torment it caused both him and the people he knew. Evil, yes, but it doesn't change the fact that it made him feel better than he ever did the last 70+ years.

Staunton was useful, what would be the point of running such ridiculous scheme with demons who are too worthless to even become slaves?

I'm sure there's plenty of demons that would happily give something to a Beggar just to watch him die because the food was poisoned, or to get certain favors in return. They might also simply be disguise

If being a beggar led you to dying after receiving poisoned food there would be no beggars either. There is nothing in the game to suggest that the beggars are just disguised gang member, they are actual demons begging on the streets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom