Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC performance thread

norolim

Arcane
That's average-mediocre optimization, actually.
No. Witcher 2 runs at around 40-50 FPS on that same rig (at the highest settings). And that game is much smaller, has no streaming to deal with, has much less objects to render and much less background systems to run.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well on my PC, I get over 100 FPS in The Witcher 2 at all times (usually above 120 too), and the quoted FPS I can expect from TW2 is like half, or less.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today's patch 1.04 improved performance a lot on my GTX 680, I can now get 60+ FPS (if I turn most settings to low-medium) or 30+ FPS @ Ultra (with Hairworks disabled and foliage drawing distance set to High).

Sodafish

Arcane
I get very fluid gameplay both inside and outside with everything on ultra @ 1920 x 1200. Dunno the fps as I don't have fraps or whatever.

The game is very well optimised. Runs 40-60 FPS on my rig: GTX 570, i5-4760, 8 GB RAM, Win 7. My settings are a combination of High and Ultra with just a few options set to Low (in those cases where higher settings make no difference or very little difference), only useful post-processing on and Hairworks off.
Sorry, that's straight up bullshit or those are indoor framerates.

Last edited:

norolim

Arcane
I forgot to mention that my resolution is 1280x1024. Sounds more credible now?

EDIT:
If not, have a look inside the spoilers. Made some screens for you, just now.

MLtjwZ6.png

Gfsij9Y.png

iwLWUWP.png

Settings:
http://i.imgur.com/tj4AWRk.png
http://i.imgur.com/XwLKSfh.png
http://i.imgur.com/6UuG90J.png
http://i.imgur.com/37Fa58F.png
http://i.imgur.com/L2bu37z.png

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wiedźmin 3 runs on:

- Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti, 1GB Vram, slightly OCed from 900Mhz~960Mhz
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2 CPUs) 2,13 Ghz~3Ghz
- 4096MB RAM 800 Mhz Kingston
- Win 7 64-bit

Pretty nice looking and smooth
What resolution do you run it at and what rame rate are you getting?

It's not my movie, I have a slightly less powerful PC - Core 2 Duo 2,8 GHZ, 3 Ghz RAM, Geforce 9500 GT and I don't mind to play W3 even in 640x480.
Hmmmmm... now I am really curious if it would even run on my old toaster. While I have the GPU power, I fear my ancient AMD64 6000 would deny me Potatoman 3 in all it's 640x480 glory.
It did run Potatoman 2 (more or less), but who knows what evil roadblocks they coded in this time.

Not worth spending 50 Shekelz though, so giev demo plz CDPR kthxbye!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Once again:
i7 - 3630QM, 2.4GHz Laptop
Intel HD4000 Graphics
4GB RAM

It runs* and Nvidia won't get a dime from me!

:keepmyjewgold:

*it runs in slow motion half the time. Sometimes it just stops and thinks for a while, but not often and when it does, it keeps going after a min. only had CTDs when I didn't enable vsynch and had hardware cursor turned on. Setting it to 800x600 (windowed because the game sucks at aspect ratios on a widescreen laptop) in the config file helped. Probably could lower it even further. but that'd probably make the text unreadable as it is already freak'n tiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime Junta

I have a shit hot GPU.

For a laptop.

That's about three years old.

Namely, the GTX 780M, 4GB.

Also i5, 3.4GHz.

I've got textures set to Ultra, most other things to Medium or Low, most post-processing off other than AA (don't like it anyway). It runs great and looks pretty good. Might even nudge up a few more of those Low settings to Medium.

Cnaiur

Augur
1.04 introduced some major texture/asset pop-in for me, had to rollback to 1.03.

Cadmus

Arcane
guys I need advice, can I run it on this PC:

i5 2500 3,30 GHZ 3,30 GHZ
8GB RAM
GT 545 DD3 3 GB

?? should I even bother?

Cadmus

Arcane
hoo hooo here I come!! I was gonna wait for all the EEs and shit but I played a bit with my friend on PS4 and the game plays great, fuck everything everybody said

Perkel

Arcane
There is no difference between high and ultra textures in texture quality. Ultra setting loads simply more to VRAM so it should give less popins. If you don't have memory though it will increase popins and will introduce stutterer.

BTW. Install game on SSD. It really does reduce stutter and makes loadings really short

Sodafish

Arcane
An SSD for your system drive is pretty much a must have, gaming or otherwise. A 250 GB is pretty cheap now too.

Cadmus

Arcane
ok I got the game, installed, updated the nvidia drivers, installed patch 1.3....set everything to low, resolution 1280*768 or something and the game runs like total shit, it must be around 15 FPS.. what do, guys?

Ivan

Arcane
Hey guys, anyone with a 970? How are your fps with max settings?

Deciding between buying a 970 or 980 once the Ti brings the prices down.

Riso

Arcane
Athlon II x4 640
12 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6850 1GB

30-40 FPS @720p, low settings.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Cadmus

Arcane
ok I got the game, installed, updated the nvidia drivers, installed patch 1.3....set everything to low, resolution 1280*768 or something and the game runs like total shit, it must be around 15 FPS.. what do, guys?
GT 545 DD3 3 GB
Well there's your problem right there.
Even with that shitty card it should still run decently.
it doesn't really at all, it's unplayable

Riso

Arcane
Nah, he has an absolute bottom feeder of a card. It's not even GDDR3 memory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom