Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PE Questions and Answers

Servants of death quest, is slaughtering the druid and his cave the only option, or is it bugged?
According to my jewgling, yes, it's the only way :<

You can LARP like me and sneak out with minimal casualties, but yes. You only lose influence with ethik nol though, no one else really mentions it.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Western
It really isnt, hes an autoattacker for the most part, and the fighter is better at it than him, if you want to target someone in particular just use ranged weapons to single him out and destroy him, no sense in running around, risking aoe attacks, disengagement attacks or any of the other shit. Tbh i found his niche to be both at a very high level and really not that useful compared to whatever else you could be getting.

As a cipher i get to have fun and actually act in battle, same as a druid or a priest. wizard spells are for the most part sort of inconsequential. whomever designed the classes in this game should eat a fucking bullet.

With flagellents monks don't have to worry about engagement and can follow it up with making the target prone.

Wizards don't really have the staying power of druids or ciphers, but slicken, sleep, confusion, etc pretty much won some of the tougher bounties for me, AOE damage is pretty solid as well, Aloth has the second highest damage in my party by far even though I'm using more crowd control spells. A custom mage would be even stronger. My main complaint is a lack of pre buffs, mage should be given a defensive modal as a talent or ability to compensate, it should be arcane veil and it can have a weakness to firearms, that would fit the lore better as well. Contingencies would also be a good solution, you could even build a fighter mage if you had contingencies.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dont really care for damage, anyone can do damage, i care for winning battles, and wizards just dont do that. druid spells are made of pure win. Gonna ditch aloth for the druid in my potd run and get GM.

My team composition will be cipher, eder, durance, druid npc, rogue, GM.

hiver

Im playing a wizard - fighter and i find i can buff enough during the very start of the fight. You just cant be pre-buffed to the gills so you can let the offensive spells fly the first second.

Servants of death quest, is slaughtering the druid and his cave the only option, or is it bugged?
According to my jewgling, yes, it's the only way :<
Im just coming up to that quest - i think. I might try to see whats going on there...

Thats in Twin Elms part of quests, right?

damicore

Augur
How often do damage over time effects proc?
Lets say you cast a spell that does 11 damage against reflex over time for 12.4 seconds in a certain AoE, what does it actually do? How many times will it proc in those 12.4 seconds?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Dont really care for damage, anyone can do damage, i care for winning battles, and wizards just dont do that. druid spells are made of pure win. Gonna ditch aloth for the druid in my potd run and get GM.

Some wizard crowd control stuff is super helpful, especially slicken and the confusion spell.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Some wizard crowd control stuff is super helpful, especially slicken and the confusion spell.

Their duration in PotD is a joke, the durations would need to be IMO doubled to be effective in PotD because fights lasts quite a bit longer, at least for me.

LizardWizard

Cipher

Their duration in PotD is a joke, the durations would need to be IMO doubled to be effective in PotD because fights lasts quite a bit longer, at least for me.

Slicken is a fast casting spammable aoe prone - it's good. But their lvl 4 confusion last 10+ seconds. Lvl 2 foe only AOE blind. Foe only AOE -20 accuracy/fort base like 20+ seconds. AOE paralyze/petrify 20+ seconds. Wizards destroy potd.. but I agree Aloth is a huge faggot.

Lhynn

Arcane
Cipher gets a better blind AoE as a spamable skill at lvl 1. Slicken is nice for that first big run, to keep them at bay with and minimize damage while you set your first defensive spells if needed.

Imho wizards spells should be many times stronger, easily interruptable with very long casting times and no friendly fire kind of skills. It should also allow grimoire swamping in the middle of casting, this would make the wizard a class to be played with the next step in mind, kinda like chees.

On an unrelated note wish you could remove spells from the fucking character sheet, makes no sense putting them there and its kind of annoying when you are tracking down a feat or class feature.

Last edited:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I found the CC spells of wizard useful, but the dmg somewhat usefull to bad. The sleep spell was pretty OP.

Seaking4

Learned
I was in Magran's Fork in Act III and I ran into a death Godlike with a unique name and a group of mercenaries who were claiming to be scholars right before they attacked me. Do any of you know who they were? Or was it just a random encounter? They certainly weren't there the first time I covered the map. I was doing the bounty tasks at the time but I'm certain they weren't one of them.

Shevek

Arcane
I was in Magran's Fork in Act III and I ran into a death Godlike with a unique name and a group of mercenaries who were claiming to be scholars right before they attacked me. Do any of you know who they were? Or was it just a random encounter? They certainly weren't there the first time I covered the map. I was doing the bounty tasks at the time but I'm certain they weren't one of them.
They showed up for me in Act 2. Tough fight.

Svartalf

Educated
Hey, have you guys found any other items with the Herald enchantment on them? I ask because it works like an aura, and with both Outworn Buckler and Little Saviour my frontline gets +10 to all defenses.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Hey, have you guys found any other items with the Herald enchantment on them? I ask because it works like an aura, and with both Outworn Buckler and Little Saviour my frontline gets +10 to all defenses.
I wondered why my wood beetles were getting my OB buffs.

Svartalf

Educated

Yeah I know, I noticed it worked as a small aoe aura when checking my character to see if I had suppresed stats. Tooltips and documentation need a lot of work, you end up guessing item properties. For example. there's Spell Striking, Spell Binding and Spell Holding: Striking procs on (every?) crit, Binding grants the use of the spell on a per rest basis, and Holding randomly casts the spell during battles.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Yeah I know, I noticed it worked as a small aoe aura when checking my character to see if I had suppresed stats. Tooltips and documentation need a lot of work, you end up guessing item properties. For example. there's Spell Striking, Spell Binding and Spell Holding: Striking procs on (every?) crit, Binding grants the use of the spell on a per rest basis, and Holding randomly casts the spell during battles.
While we're on it, Outworn Buckler is pretty fucking good not even considering that it broadcasts to teammates. 13 deflection and +5 to others with no loss of accuracy?

Svartalf

Educated
Yeah I haven't found better shields I think, Pallegina is wielding the buckler and I just gave Eder 'Little Saviour'. I plan on upgrading Palle's buckler despite said upgrade requiring 1 of my 2 Adra Dragon scales. Eder used to have the Retaliate shield but I never saw it proc so the aura comes in more useful, my Barbarian needs as much deflection as possible.

H2DXllO.png

Svartalf

Educated
Looks a lot like the enchanting system isn't quite finished and was rushed, perhaps they ran out of money. The only property you can enchant on shields is Quality, for example; and of all the neat stuff found on certain equipment none can be imprinted on weapons or armour. Helmets are a disappointment, and necklaces/capes using up the same slot is just a big facepalm.

Shevek

Arcane
I wish there was a checkbox to hide helms I am wearing. I want the bonus but Aloth looks silly in a robe and with a barbute on his head.

Svartalf

Educated
This is what happens when you combine Carnage, 20 intelligence and Animancer's boots:

HnB3yxF.png

Shevek

Arcane
Does carnage do that with all abilities? Might make a lore barbarian fairly good if he can proc carnage off of scrolls.

Svartalf

Educated
Does carnage do that with all abilities? Might make a lore barbarian fairly good if he can proc carnage off of scrolls.

I don't know, I'll check it out. I haven't had my PC use any other scroll save Fan of Flames when clearing Eothas Temple, but my guess is that it works with Jolt because it's a melee attack.

edit: It only works with Jolt. I equipped the necklace that grants Fireball and though I did get a massive AOE bonus with my erudite barbarian there were, as expected, no Carnage procs.

Carnage + Jolt AOE
b32sbeT.png
Feels pretty cheap. Combat log of said attack:
vKADLCx.png

Basically what happened there is that my PC one shot everyone before Pallegina could get in position.

Last edited:

Seaking4

Learned
The enchantment system would be much more interesting if they opened up all the enchantments in the game. Lots more customization and the max 12 anvils of enchantment would actually mean something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom