Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PE Questions and Answers

Ninjerk

Arcane
While we're talking about her, she's available for recruiting outside the Vailian Trading Company the first tim eyou can recruit her, correct? I need to figure out when I can kill her for her gear.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Caed Nua bottom question:
Did anyone actually beat the adra dragon? Seems like the quest solution is the only way to go. I'm at level 10 and the thing knocks out almost everyone in one blow.

I did it yesterday with level 10 party (hard). I did use a tiny exploit and kiting though.

Make a deal with her, then attack Adragans and kobolds. She won't go after you unless you'll get too close to her or the treasure

Protection from fear, ranged weapons, wall of force, boots of speed, Gaze of the Adragan trap. Engage only with level 3 chanter's summons.
I don't think there's a 'fair' way to beat it without level 6 spells.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
the way to beat zher (check your pronouns please) is
Lore 10 on as many party members as possible, paralyze and maelstrom scrolls, r00fles!

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Is there any quests that lead to Pallegina before you meet her?

The way her personnel quest is introduced at the embassy makes it sound like I have skipped over a section of the story.
Yeah, you can meet her at the docks, she will be dealing with some down on his luck merchant that dealt with the wrong crowd. Tbh that introduction made me dislike her a lot.

I tolerate her being a bit of an arse. It's just that everything is fine until I get to the embassy as which point she and the ambassador start talking like we had spent all of chapter one together. Like how you can say that your goals are the same and you are also investigating the hollow born . Yet not once between the docks and the embassy did she mention her interest in anything beyond offering me a job.

Replaying this section now made me wonder if I had missed or skipped over some minor quest from the Vailian embassy and a proper introduction you Pallegina. I even reloaded and checked her dialog options to see if they flow. Yet the only one is a sudden question about her interest in the legacy. Which again she has never mentioned at all.

It's just a little jarring. It's like reading a book and struggling to understand what everyone is talking about without realizing you turned two pages when you looked away for a moment. But it does make me wonder if Pallegina was originally meant to have been introduced either earlier or later in the game. With a proper introduction beyond babysitting the trading company.

And speaking of the trading company and embassy. Would it have been too much work to add one unvoiced dialog to have the embassy greet you as one of their own?

Being from the Vailian republic and asking what the Vailian republic is? :?

Athelas

Arcane
You can't make a character from the Vailian Republics.

Not all black people are the same, you know. :kfc:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey? It's actually been the cause of many a moment of regret, seeing that [Lore requirement not met] line. It seems about as integrated in the dialogue as anything else. If anything, I'd say Survival and Athletics are way, way less used.

Lhynn

Arcane
Hey? It's actually been the cause of many a moment of regret, seeing that [Lore requirement not met] line. It seems about as integrated in the dialogue as anything else. If anything, I'd say Survival and Athletics are way, way less used.
You know nothing john snow, you have to play with a lore character and bear having to ask whats a paladin, because your character has not a fucking clue.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Lhynn, I'm pretty sure that sort of question is there for the people who don't walk into the game with a fully formed knowledge of the game's universe.

Lhynn

Arcane
Lhynn, I'm pretty sure that sort of question is there for the people who don't walk into the game with a fully formed knowledge of the game's universe.
Which is why a lore check with the character saying what it is is simply a much better way to make use of said skill while not coming off as a fucking ignorant cunt that should know this shit.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Is there any quests that lead to Pallegina before you meet her?

The way her personnel quest is introduced at the embassy makes it sound like I have skipped over a section of the story.
Yeah, you can meet her at the docks, she will be dealing with some down on his luck merchant that dealt with the wrong crowd. Tbh that introduction made me dislike her a lot.
What about it made you dislike her?
Attitude towards the whole thing, she was being a complete and total cunt and i just wanted to kill her as much as i wanted to kill those mafioso cunts. Tbh sending her to the base to wash dishes was the best thing in that poe session, sent her naked and fatigued, and im pretty sure shes still naked and fatigued.
I just didn't take her because her stats are garbage (Might and dex too low for her to be good at DPS, perception, resolve and constitution too low for her to be a decent tank), and by the time I got her I was around level 6 and the game decided to level her up in a bunch of equally useless talents and abilities.

That and the angle at which her portrait is drawn makes her look as though her left eye is too low, which once I noticed I could not unsee.

AngryKobold

Arcane
Can I just ignore the 'red' NPCs with 'soul stories'?
Yes
Really no purpose other than being useless content? It's as if Obsidian made up an unimportant occupation for a clueless intern.

I thought it's to give to the PC INFORMATION to be used somewhere LATER in particular QUESTS. I was deceived!

On the margin: considering the fact that sex occupies 99% of mind of an average primate, while important events less than 1%, you would expect something to appear... but no, nothing at all. Guess it gets eviscerated during the mysterious process of soul mechanics.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Which is why a lore check with the character saying what it is is simply a much better way to make use of said skill while not coming off as a fucking ignorant cunt that should know this shit.

Strange quibble, man. I don't RP my characters enough to be in the same boat.

Lhynn

Arcane

Strange quibble, man. I don't RP my characters enough to be in the same boat.
Guess im just too used to playing better stuff so it bothers me.

AngryKobold

Arcane
I need a working save editor. NOW!

Managed to find only one dead project incompatible with the final release. At this rate I likely get none more advanced than hex editor.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Couldn't agree more. I played a Scholar with high Lore stats and it was really annoying - and sometimes it's even a necessary part of the dialogue, i.e. a stupid question leads you further on in the quest.

Unbeliever

Learned
Why I am suffering major lose of reputation after i killed Raedric in Champion of Berath quest? He was fucking bloodthirsty vampire.

naossano

Cipher
This might already have answered but it i am tired to roam in the stronghold.

Does the idling companions actually idle ? I mean, are they actually somewhere in the stronghold or those aren't there unless you put them out of their roster ?
It might be just a flavor thing, but i expected to be able to check on them during the occasionnal visits into the stronghold, adding some life in those stones.
Right now, it feels a bit dead....

(i know about the off-screen adventure stuff. I am just wondering about being able to see those who are already in the HQ, like in FoNV)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This might already have answered but it i am tired to roam in the stronghold.

Does the idling companions actually idle ? I mean, are they actually somewhere in the stronghold or those aren't there unless you put them out of their roster ?
It might be just a flavor thing, but i expected to be able to check on them during the occasionnal visits into the stronghold, adding some life in those stones.
Right now, it feels a bit dead....

(i know about the off-screen adventure stuff. I am just wondering about being able to see those who are already in the HQ, like in FoNV)

I found sagani and kana rua on the upper floor of the stronghold inn when I checked (they weren't in my party).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom