Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PE Questions and Answers

Cromwell

Arcane
A question not regarding mechanics. I am currently in act two, got to the sanitarium with aloth and found the relic with eder. Is this really it and the end for their personal quest or is there more to come. Its feels like these quests dont have a climax.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Spoiler tags. How do they work?
Either you write (spoiler) ... (/spoiler) with
. Or if you are lazy you can activate the Rich Text and use its spoiler button.
Rich Text can be activated below the writing window, if it's not already activated.
With Rich Text activated you'll see the spoiler button right next to the smiley and media buttons.
Mark the text that might spoil story or similar aspects for others and hit the button.
ezpz

Cromwell

Arcane
I am stuck or dumb or both.
I am in ACT 3 trying to kill raedric, again. The Fampyr standing outside of the keep told me she would take me to him, I killed her because shes a Fampyr. But now I cant find a way to the top of the Keep. I tried the upper ramparts the lower ones and every room in the building, am I missing something or did I screw myself killing her?

hiver

Recovery time means what exactly?
What is recovering?

It affects how fast i swing and cast spells? is that all?

Whats that magic ring of overseeing does? Overseeing? wtf?

Cromwell

Arcane
What is recovering?

Recover time is the time between two actions. For example If you fire a gun, you recover then you reload.

hiver

Why do you recover? Whats there to recover?

No wonder it doesnt make much sense on its own.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I am stuck or dumb or both.
I am in ACT 3 trying to kill raedric, again. The Fampyr standing outside of the keep told me she would take me to him, I killed her because shes a Fampyr. But now I cant find a way to the top of the Keep. I tried the upper ramparts the lower ones and every room in the building, am I missing something or did I screw myself killing her?
Well it was a while ago but ...
Did you go up to the temple area and then go up to the next floor from that one?

Edit: yeah i went back on a old save to check, if you go up to the top floor (temple area) there is a stair case leading up to the top roof.

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
What does the item property "Grants Consecrated Ground" do?
Given how Grants Jolting Touch worked, it'll trigger Consecrated Ground once per encounter when you are low on endurance or hit by a critical hit?

Shannow

Waster of Time
What is recovering?

Yes.

It should say in the description: It increases the AoE of abilities.
At least that's what Aloth's Overseeing Armor says.

hiver

No description of it for rings and other items giving that. Havent noticed it in Aloths armor description... i guess i didnt read it.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is spell-striking a proc mechanic or does it give limited casts of the spell it lists?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Is spell-striking a proc mechanic or does it give limited casts of the spell it lists?
What items are "Spellstriking"?
I've only come accross "Grants: spell". I think. No time to check now.
But basically I just save, buy the item. And then I see if the spell appears or not. If not, I assume that it's some kind of proc like with jolting touch stiletto. Then I reload because fuck unclear properties ;)

Grimlorn

Arcane
About what level should you be when taking Raedric's Hold?

Should you do the destroyed chapel before Raedric's Hold or after it?

I'm having trouble with Raedric's Hold at lvl 3. Is it normal to move on to Caed Nua in the main quest without beating those places first?

Ninjerk

Arcane
What items are "Spellstriking"?
I've only come accross "Grants: spell". I think. No time to check now.
But basically I just save, buy the item. And then I see if the spell appears or not. If not, I assume that it's some kind of proc like with jolting touch stiletto. Then I reload because fuck unclear properties ;)
Jolting touch stiletto is what I was referring to. I couldn't afford it when I asked, although I think I probably could have on this run.

xrm1

Educated

I'm having trouble with Raedric's Hold at lvl 3. Is it normal to move on to Caed Nua in the main quest without beating those places first?
Raedric's keep and the temple are the hardest parts of act 1. You should be able to hit level 4 or 5 if you finish all other act 1 quests but there's no harm in advancing the main quest first either.

Jolting touch stiletto is what I was referring to. I couldn't afford it when I asked, although I think I probably could have on this run.

Jolting touch is a great enchantment, there is a war bow that comes with it you can get as a quest reward. I'm not sure if it procs more than once per fight but it does a ton of damage when it goes off. 70-120 per jump on act 3 enemies.

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
But the Jolting Touch mechanic was already explained in this thread and in the first post...
The info about the war bow is nice though. I was tinkering with the concept of a high Per mostly ranged build whose pupose is more to interrupt than to deal damage. For that warbow with Jolting Touch would be nice. (Though experiments so far have given pretty unreliable interruptions. For ranged. Melee was ok.)
But VD and Jaesun had to die a few times for me to find that out. All in the name of science.
iJSn9Nb.jpg

Sorry if this sounds offensive but: WTF?
If an area is/seems too difficult, you go somewhere else. You don't go to a forum and ask others how you should play your game.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Can i enter the Ruins in Stormwall Gorge without the quest from the Dozen. It says it misses some circular part in the middle, but i don't have it. If i fucked up with the Dozen, this dungeon is locked away?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Can i enter the Ruins in Stormwall Gorge without the quest from the Dozen. It says it misses some circular part in the middle, but i don't have it. If i fucked up with the Dozen, this dungeon is locked away?
Turns out it's automatically done for you! After Act II ends, the adra disc is inserted and you can enter to progress i guess.

Grimlorn

Arcane

If an area is/seems too difficult, you go somewhere else. You don't go to a forum and ask others how you should play your game.
I don't see a problem with asking what level people were at when they beat Raedric's. Take that stuck up attitude and shove it up your ass. No offense.

Dead Guy

Cipher
PROTIP: You can cure diarrhea by killing a bunch of people and running away. I tried this in other games, for example NEO Scavenger, but it didn't work.

Shannow

Waster of Time

I don't see a problem with asking what level people were at when they beat Raedric's. Take that stuck up attitude and shove it up your ass. No offense.
Your diplomacy has convinced me. After all this is a thread for questions. You feel free to ask. Want to know how to lace your shoes or when to take a shit? Go ahead and ask.
As to your first question: Raedric's Hold is super difficult for you. You shouldn't do it until you have a full party and are at least level 7. Then you might stand a chance.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Your diplomacy has convinced me. After all this is a thread for questions. You feel free to ask. Want to know how to lace your shoes or when to take a shit? Go ahead and ask.
As to your first question: Raedric's Hold is super difficult for you. You shouldn't do it until you have a full party and are at least level 7. Then you might stand a chance.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom