Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
If anyone here buys P5R be sure to take the survey and let Atlus know how pissed you are about the censorship in the western version of their games. I may or may not have called out resetera in my survey answers and used the word faggot multiple times.

Damn, I need to finally finish P5 and now went further than in every previous playthrough, it's now or never.

For those who have completed entire gaem - how often should you visit Mementos?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Personally I like to build up a few requests before going to Mementos otherwise you are wasting time. Usually 3-5 is enough to get me to go there until you get near the end of the game and requests start drying up

cosmicray

Savant
I might be wrong and maybe I'm mixing it with other Persona, but in Persona 5 you need to do the main mission ASAP*. Then spend 1-2 times per month in Mementos. Every hike into Mementos is a waste of time reserved for socializing.

* - I think in 3 and 4 it was advisable to do them on the very last day(well, in 3rd it was the last day either way), but not in 5th, where game almost forces you by removing social links(sneaky bastard).

Duraframe300

Arcane
I might be wrong and maybe I'm mixing it with other Persona, but in Persona 5 you need to do the main mission ASAP*. Then spend 1-2 times per month in Mementos. Every hike into Mementos is a waste of time reserved for socializing.

* - I think in 3 and 4 it was advisable to do them on the very last day(well, in 3rd it was the last day either way), but not in 5th, where game almost forces you by removing social links(sneaky bastard).

Wrong, even in 3 and 4 you do the dungeon ASAP.
Waiting to the last days is inefficent. You can optimize it a bit more, but really its useless to wait.

Persona 5 is a bit looser with the timetable, so you will have plenty of days you have nothing else to do than go as far as you can in Mementos.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
If you are aiming for max confidants going to mementos even once a month is probably too much (if you are playing original and not royal). Just go when you have 1-3 locked confidants and you are required to go there. Also when to go to palace - no need to rush it just go when you dont have anything important to do (mainly raising confidants).

Regarding Persona 5 Royal finished it yesterday at merciless difficulty. Without guide maxed out confidants before last palace (thanks to temperance / fortune confidants) and then there is also new semester which can be used to raise confidants so there is very much free time not to play "optimally" and still get max confidants. I slept like 50 times because there was really nothing to do at end game.

Royal really fucked up the difficulty getting more exp / money on merciless compared to hard did not make game any harder and the most interesting part of the game regarding combat was early - middle game. Also new content was quite retarded story wise.

raesha

Educated
Did the English release of Royal fix much of the bad localisation of the original?

Not really talking about alterations of intent behind certain scenes, but more general awkward sentence structure and grammar etc, such as e.g "Kamoshida was a scum". There were a lot of those in it.

cosmicray

Savant

Wrong, even in 3 and 4 you do the dungeon ASAP.
Waiting to the last days is inefficent. You can optimize it a bit more, but really its useless to wait.
I was talking about main/story missions. In 3rd the main mission was forced on Full Moon, so you could't do it sooner. In 4th I don't remember any penalties on doing it just before the fog.
As for going to dungeon(Tartarus, TV, Mementos) it was always 1 per month at most. In P3 PSP, if I'm again not mistaken, going to Tartarus involved doing time-based quests which, as with quests in Mementos, you better wait for all quests in specific month and do them in one go. Although, I don't remember how harsh was the time-limit on those.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I just got to the new content about an hour ago. Took me about 100 hours to get through the original game's content this time. I'm blown away. Absolutely loving it. I've thought that P5 was the best jrpg of all time for years but I think it might be my favorite game of all time now. It's nearly flawless.

I fucking love Akechi as a party member. Loki is the perfect Persona for him and his English VA really did an outstanding job. He's an absolute madman. I'm finding myself wanting to side with Maruki. He's such a nice guy and his motives are pure. I don't see any drawbacks to what he's doing yet.

Last edited:
Those Mementos are awful. Seriously, like anyone would miss that shitty random generated dungeons of Tartarus and TV World.

I planned to visit it once for two-three month but there are social links that cannot be pushed further without killing some distorted shrimp so I will propably have to suffer through it more than expected.

So far (I'm in September) all of 4 Palaces were at least decent, now I'm gonna conquer Okumura's, is it really as bad as common opinion says?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Okumura's palace isn't that bad. I fucking hate puzzles in games and it didn't bother me. The boss is a pain in the ass in Royal though. I think they gave the last set of enemies a big hitpoint boost. Mementos isn't that bad either but trying to collect all the stamps to get the optional boss was annoying as fuck.

Gerrard

Arcane
If anyone here buys P5R be sure to take the survey and let Atlus know how pissed you are about the censorship in the western version of their games. I may or may not have called out resetera in my survey answers and used the word faggot multiple times.
You are so pissed that you bought the game anyway? That's a strong message right there.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
You are so pissed that you bought the game anyway? That's a strong message right there.

Boycotts don't work. We've seen this time and time again. If I wasn't completely out of shit to play I wouldn't have bought it but my purchase isn't going to make or break their sales and filling out the survey is more productive. It's the only way I could get anyone at Atlus to listen to me.

Gerrard

Arcane

Boycotts don't work. We've seen this time and time again.
Yeah, they don't work when everyone who says they will boycott something has no principles.
No one's going to listen to wallets.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Boycotts don't work. We've seen this time and time again.
Yeah, they don't work when everyone who says they will boycott something has no principles.
No one's going to listen to wallets.

"Oh boy, if you guys don't stop this shit, I'll buy your next game and write you another message! :argh:"

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
You guys are acting like there was actually some organized movement to boycott the game and complain to Atlus. There wasn't. I'm probably the only person who made any kind of effort to complain to them directly. I tried to get other people to care and I couldn't even get anything going with the guys at One Angry Gamer. Where were you fucks when the news about this first came around? Certainly not doing anything about this issue. Maybe you should be giving Atlus shit instead of starting shit with me because you're bored and want an easy target. Worthless faggots.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Same case for me. I was almost on the verge of crying when realized that this is the goodbye. This is a mark of a very special game for me.

It wasn't. I don't remember a single time when I was annoyed by text in P4G - translation was fantastic, authentic and the game didn't treat you like an idiot. Cast was much better, tone was darker, music was better, story was better as well. But most of all - the authenticity of characters, absolutely brilliant. You can even find some bonus materials from P4G about creating Nanako charater (how it was totally redesigned, because initial plan didn't feel properly). Whoever did character design in P4 is a genius.

Persona 4 Golden - 10/10, 5 top games ever for me
Persona 5 - 7.5/10 and not more. Totally undeserved praise.

Neither of you are crazy, Persona 5 is garbage. Easily the worst Persona in the series, far inferior to all of the previous ones. Why is it the most liked? Why does general audience like anything, Transformers etc. In this case it is true that it is popular because it appeals to lowest-common denominator. It's a game tailor-made to be liked by weebs with poor taste.

cruel

Cipher
Shido fight was one of the few moments I really liked the game - big part of which was the music (Rivers in the desert, best track from the game).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The point is that all of pre-3 Personas have excellent tracks, much closer to core SMT.

Actually, they're much closer to core SMT in every other aspect and that should be the right direction or Persona 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom