Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Derringer

Prophet
Given western and euro AAA RPGs are piss ugly games I don't really blame you.

Readher

Savant
cJZvApr.png

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah I am roughly interested in Strikers aswell. Not for 60€ tho.
Also I am still unsure how beneficial it is to play Royal before Strikers. Maybe I save Strikers for when I finally get Royal.

Next Atlus game I am finishing will probably be Persona 4, followed by (fingers crossed) SMT V.

Anonona

Learned
Also I am still unsure how beneficial it is to play Royal before Strikers. Maybe I save Strikers for when I finally get Royal.

Can't give you a definite answer, but I looked a bit into it and it seems P5S is a continuation of P5 and not P5R, which means that the events and characters of Royal have no bearings on P5S. If you have finished P5 it seems you will understand P5S perfectly.

I did like Hyrule Warriors, occasionally those Musou games are fun. Might pull the trigger on Strikers eventually.

I heard that P5S plays more like an action RPG than a typical Musuo game. I read comments of both players that were surprisingly pleased about how different it was from the musuo games and how many mechanics it uses from the original P5, as well as many negative comments from players expecting a Musou and were disapointed with P5S. I haven't played as of yet so I can confirm this either, take it as you will.

Silva

Arcane
I heard that P5S plays more like an action RPG than a typical Musuo game. I read comments of both players that were surprisingly pleased about how different it was from the musuo games and how many mechanics it uses from the original P5, as well as many negative comments from players expecting a Musou and were disapointed with P5S. I haven't played as of yet so I can confirm this either, take it as you will.
Ok, this picked my curiosity, as I hate musou games but rather like Persona.

Can you elaborate or that, or point to some text that does?

Anonona

Learned
Ok, this picked my curiosity, as I hate musou games but rather like Persona.

Can you elaborate or that, or point to some text that does?

As I say I haven't played the game, so I can't say for sure how different it is. The main differences I know of is that elemental weaknesses, all-out attacks and persona fusion are still in. During combat you can pause time to select spells and skills, but you can also use combos to perform certain skills with added benefits, like no consuming HP or SP. While playing you can sneak around just like in P5, ambush enemies and even do some plataforming and jumping to get around levels. Of course, when performing an ambush you begin combat with advantage. Seems now combat have different variants with different objectives: kill all enemies, survive waves of enemies and protect Oracle. If I'm not mistaken, you also choose a party of 4 just like P5, and can change character in real time. Also Joker can change personas freely too just like P5. New mechanics are for example the ability to use the environment to your advantage, like making a barrel explode, using lamppost as point of advantage or part of the scenery to damage opponents, and a kind of "Bond" system to power up your party. Of course you can still buy weapons and armors and gain levels to become stronger.

Another key difference seems to be that combat actually have a moderate amount of difficulty compared to your regular Musuo game, and actually requires you to use the games mechanics to win. I have the impression for what I read that is not very hard, but challenging enough that you have to develop a decent level of proficency instead of just smashing buttons. But this is just an impression, can't say for sure as I haven't played yet.

I took the information from around the net, but this review in particular I found to be quite useful to understand the differences.

http://operationrainfall.com/2021/02/18/review-persona-5-strikers/

flyingjohn

Arcane
No windows 7 support.
Nice to see they took the time to fuck windows 7 users over and not fix any of the bugs in their own game.
The bugs thread has 10 times the combined posts on steam then any other topic.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Finished P5S on hard. Very mediocre and easy even when Im not too good with adhd combat. Atlus managed to make worst fusion system compared to P3-P5 for example some fusions require high enough base level personas such as level 40 pixie. You can level up personas with points but leveling pixie 6 -> 45 costed most of points I have gained after about I was 75% done with the game. The best way to gain persona points is just buy high level personas and then delete them.

Also most of the requests are retarded after finishing boss the next request is to kill that same boss again without any change for every boss encounter. Fnal boss requires to use all characters which was tilting since I had benched Morgana and few others whole game.

Two additional companions were fine and probably my fav. characters from the whole cast.

Items and exploiting weaknesses makes every combat cakewalk even last boss had 2 weaknesses. You can use instantly all the items you want without cooldown and spells cast instantly so buffing str, debuffing def and spam spells + sp recovery items makes every enemy harmless.

Few no spoiler tips:
Buy every cooking + sp item you find
Some requests have a time limit (I would do at least requests which increase bond levels + item shop items availability)
Maximize bond leveling speed + money + item drop rate bonds asap

If you enjoyed P5 and cast then this might be worth the purchase but otherwise I would skip this game.

Anonona

Learned
Finished P5S on hard. Very mediocre and easy even when Im not too good with adhd combat

Sounds disappointing. Supposedly there is a Merciless difficulty, but it is only for NG+ and only after beating
the Reaper, the bonus boss of the game
I do wonder if its hard enough to make it better or not.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Finished P5S on hard. Very mediocre and easy even when Im not too good with adhd combat

Sounds disappointing. Supposedly there is a Merciless difficulty, but it is only for NG+ and only after beating
the Reaper, the bonus boss of the game
I do wonder if its hard enough to make it better or not.

If it only adds enemies hit harder + having more hp then it does not change much since locking enemies with weakness spam stunlocks all enemies (even final boss). On hard bosses were hp spongey enough so would be more tiresome on nightmare.

Readher

Savant
Atlus JP survey for 2021 has launched.

On top of having Steam as an option in various platform related questions, there are questions about Steam in particular as well.

Q12: To those who have played games on a personal computer (Windows) or personal computer (Mac). Do you use Steam to play games on your computer? If you do, please answer the last time you played on Steam.

Q15: To those who have played games on Steam. How much time do you spend playing games on Steam on average per day?

https://personacentral.com/atlus-2021-online-consumer-survey/

Tyrr

Liturgist
Dub or sub?

Normal or hard difficulty?
Always sub.

I would also recommend hard. On normal you don't really have to care about weaknesses (or other battle mechanics) and just fast-forward most battles. I wouldn't play the extra hard difficulty they added with a DLC, that one is just stupid and makes the game tedious to play.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Dub or sub?

Normal or hard difficulty?

Definitely Hard. Especially if you play Royal. Though it won't really matter at the end, since Royal made the game way too easy with its new additiosn and balance changes. Also, japanese voices all the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom