Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Personal RPG blog

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I'm not sure now, but I think I played both. The camera fucks with my brain though and I get a headache just after 15-20 minutes of playing.

The perspective and graphics are the same but the Exult version has a larger view area and can also be played windowed, so that might negate some of the motion sickness if you can zoom out. U7 is definitely worth persevering with if you can get over the headaches.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not sure now, but I think I played both. The camera fucks with my brain though and I get a headache just after 15-20 minutes of playing.

The perspective and graphics are the same but the Exult version has a larger view area and can also be played windowed, so that might negate some of the motion sickness if you can zoom out. U7 is definitely worth persevering with if you can get over the headaches.
It's not a motion sickness. It's the perspective. Characters are seen from a bit different perspective than background and I can't "focus" my eyes to the point it's painful.

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
COMPLETED:
90b74e.gif

Age of Decadence
Alpha Protocol
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate II
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Bard's Tale
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Revision
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Diablo II
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Divinity: Original Sin
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Game of Thrones
Gothic
Gothic 2
Gothic 2: Night of the Raven
Gothic 3
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
Icewind Dale 2
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
Neverwinter Nights: ShadowGuard
Neverwinter Nights: Witch's Wake
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate
Pathologic
Pillars of Eternity
Planescape Torment
Prelude to Darkness
Risen
Risen 2
Risen 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Temple of Elemental Evil
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
The Witcher 3: Wild HUnt
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone
The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine
The Void (aka Tension or Turgor)
Two Worlds
Two Worlds 2
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Venetica
Wasteland 2

3748ef.png

Now rate these please.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Now rate these please.
Well, okay.

Here's how i'd rate all these games. Note that these games are only the ones that I have finished, so few of them will have low ratings. If I were to include games I did not bother to finish, such as Skyrim, then there'd be a lot more games with score 1-3/10. All ratings subjective, they don't show the quality of the game, just how much I enjoyed them personally, so fuck off, I liked that Dragon Age: Inquisition :smug:

Age of Decadence :5/5::3/5: [disappointment, and yet still a good game]
Alpha Protocol :4/5::0/5: [fantasy spy RPG lol]
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura :5/5::5/5: [although that combat...]
Baldur's Gate :5/5::4/5: [might be nostalgia talking]
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast :5/5::4/5:
Baldur's Gate II :5/5::1/5: [bioware decline in full speed, dramas, bitches and romances, where's muh high adventure from BG momlovers]
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal :5/5::1/5:
Bard's Tale (the new one) :5/5::0/5: [good humor, shit everything else]
Deus Ex :5/5::4/5: [shit level design, story based on true events but we'll never find out]
Deus Ex: Revision :5/5::4/5: [basically good old deus ex with minor improvements]
Deus Ex: Human Revolution :5/5::0/5: [totally incompatible with deus ex, but a cool story, shit combat and stealth though, ended up just running around and fisting everyoneh:lol: ]
Diablo II:5/5::2/5: [decent mp fun, shit sp]
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction :5/5::2/5:
Divinity: Original Sin:5/5::3/5: [the best combat ever, amazing soundtrack, but dialogues so cringeworthy they alone deserve -2 points]
Dragon Age: Origins :5/5::1/5:
Dragon Age 2 :5/5::0/5: [the best game ever and you know it]
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition :5/5::3/5:[muh guilty pleasure]
Fallout:5/5::4/5:[shit combat because of eye-shooting though]
Fallout 2:5/5::3/5: [decline of fallout]
Fallout 3 :1/5::0/5: [literally the worst RPG I've ever played, even including indie turds]
Fallout: New Vegas :5/5::2/5:[obsidian still have it in them :salute: ]
Game of Thrones :5/5::1/5: [cool story, but meh gameplay]
Gothic :5/5::4/5: [a masterpiece, but too easy to become OP in combat]
Gothic 2 :5/5::3/5: [shit storyline]
Gothic 2: Night of the Raven :5/5::5/5: [literally, the perfection, can't nitpick a single thing, they fixed being OP too!]
Gothic 3 :4/5::0/5: [muh gotik, what have they done to you]
Icewind Dale :5/5::2/5:
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter:5/5::2/5:
Icewind Dale 2:5/5::2/5:
Jade Empire:5/5::2/5: [a nice surprise]
Mass Effect :3/5::0/5: [I can't forgive myself not fucking blue aliens with tits]
Neverwinter Nights :2/5::0/5: [but mods were worth D1P-ing it]
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide :5/5::1/5:
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark :5/5::2/5:
Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker :5/5::2/5:
Neverwinter Nights: ShadowGuard :5/5::2/5:
Neverwinter Nights: Witch's Wake :5/5::4/5: [great albeit so short... less than 2 hours]
Neverwinter Nights 2 :5/5::1/5:
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer :5/5::4/5: [if not the camera...]
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir :5/5::2/5: [Sozzy]
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate :5/5::3/5: [the best of Inxile]
Pathologic :5/5::3/5: [The idea and the implementation of the disease in the gameplay were great :salute: Even though if in the end it's a walking sim, it's the best walking sim]
Pillars of Eternity :4/5::0/5: [they took the best of classic games and made it shit]
Planescape Torment :5/5::4/5:
Prelude to Darkness :5/5::4/5:
Risen :5/5::2/5:[Good old Gothic is back! In the first and second chapter only though... then it turns to shit]
Risen 2 :5/5::2/5: [Good old Gothic is away... but this game is still good]
Risen 3 :5/5::1/5: [Good as Risen 2 until you get to fight bosses...]
South Park: The Stick of Truth :5/5::0/5: [not as good as TV series... or maybe it's just that I'm no longer 13 years old]
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic :5/5::0/5:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2:5/5::0/5: [I thought it was supposed to be better]
Temple of Elemental Evil :5/5::2/5:
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind :5/5::3/5: [exploretard's heaven]
The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon :5/5::4/5: [The atmosphere was astounding]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion :5/5::1/5: [it did have some good side quests and I enjoyed the mods]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine :3/5::0/5:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles:5/5::1/5:
The Witcher :5/5::3/5: [a true slavic game, but late game hack'n slash was shit]
The Witcher 2 :5/5::1/5: [a true slavic disappointment]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :5/5::4/5: [this was a surprise!]
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone :2/5::0/5: [this quest was the worst of all witchers]
The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine :5/5::3/5:
The Void (aka Tension or Turgor) :5/5::5/5: [so unique, astonishingly well written with few words and so wonderfully enjoyable :salute: ]
Two Worlds:5/5::2/5: [for exploretard it's a decent game]
Two Worlds 2 :3/5::0/5: [well, they took away the exploration]
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines:5/5::4/5: [fucking sewers]
Venetica :5/5::2/5: [a pleasant surprise]
Wasteland 2 :5/5::2/5: [boring first half, good second half, how am I to rate it?]

Last edited:

Mustawd

Wtf is this? I have literally never heard of it. Hmmm...thread already delivering.

Two Worlds:5/5::2/5: [for exploretard it's a decent game]

:nocountryforshitposters:

Baldur's Gate II :5/5::1/5: [bioware decline in full speed, dramas, bitches and romances, where's muh high adventure from BG momlovers]

:brodex:

Diablo II:5/5::2/5: [decent mp fun, shit sp]

:hmmm:

Oh right. You don't like H&S anyway.

Konjad

Patron
Dragon Age: Origins :5/5::1/5:
Dragon Age 2 :5/5::0/5: [the best game ever and you know it]
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition :5/5::3/5:[muh guilty pleasure]
:what:

You liked Inquisition better than Origins? :M
yeah... I liked Origins only at the beginning, but then it just became shit hack'n slash with trashmobs every 10 seconds

Albeit DA3 also had a lot of combat and trash mobs, but at least the combat was much much quicker, so didn't bother me as much. I enjoyed story and more open world in Inquisition too, while both were weak points of the first DA.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Wtf is this? I have literally never heard of it. Hmmm...thread already delivering.
:? There were two full-fledged expansions (IIRC, about $20 in price) to Morrowind, first Tribunal and then Bloodmoon. Personally, even though the city of Mournhold added by Tribunal was disappointingly small, I preferred exploring the vast dungeons underneath the city to Bloodmoon's addition of the Skyrim-like island of Solstheim.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I may as well, since I made this nice picture and so on.

List by year, includes developer:

Lucas' RPG List:

1997 - Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game - Interplay Entertainment
1998 - Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game - Black Isle Studios
1998 - Baldur's Gate - BioWare
1999 - Planescape: Torment - Black Isle Studios
2000 - Deus Ex - Ion Storm
2000 - Icewind Dale - Black Isle Studios
2000 - Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - BioWare
2001 - Gothic - Piranha Bytes
2001 - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - Troika Games (yes, I'm giving it another try because I won't let it beat me, hopefully it will have a happy ending like Gothic I)
2002 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Bethesda Softworks
2002 - Neverwinter Nights - BioWare
2002 - Icewind Dale II - Black Isle Studios
2002 - Divine Divinity - Larian Studios
2002 - Gothic II - Piranha Bytes
2003 - The Temple of Elemental Evil - Troika Games
2003 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - BioWare
2004 - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Troika Games
2005 - Star Wars: KotOR II - The Sith Lords - Obsidian Entertainment
2006 - Gothic 3 - Piranha Bytes
2006 - Neverwinter Nights 2 - Obsidian Entertainment
2009 - The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut - CD Projekt RED
2009 - Risen - Piranha Bytes
2009 - Dragon Age: Origins - BioWare
2010 - Alpha Protocol - Obsidian Entertainment
2010 - Fallout: New Vegas - Obsidian Entertainment
2012 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition - CD Projekt RED
2012 - Dark Souls - FromSoftware
2012 - Divinity II: Developer's Cut - Larian Studios
2013 - Expeditions: Conquistador - Logic Artists/BitComposer
2013 - Shadowrun Returns - Harebrained Schemes
2013 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - Eidos Montreal
2014 - Blackguards - Daedalic Entertainment
2014 - Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut - Harebrained Schemes
2015 - Blackguards 2 - Daedalic Entertainment
2015 - Pillars of Eternity - Obsidian Entertainment
2015 - Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - FromSoftware
2015 - Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - inXile Entertainment
2015 - The Age of Decadence - Iron Tower Studio
2015 - Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition - Larian Studios
2015 - Hard West - CreativeForge Games
2016 - Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen - Capcom
2016 - Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition - Harebrained Schemes

No The Witcher 3 because my computer sucks, can't even reach 60fps in The Witcher 2, even on "medium" settings. When I get to finish all these fucking games, hopefully I will have a good rig.

And here's the big ass picture I made out of every game's picture at GOG, with some others resized from Steam in the event they weren't available in GOG.

3lDlNA3.jpg

So far I've beaten Morrowind, Gothic, and Planescape: Torment, in that order. New Vegas is the one I've played the most (over 300 hours, probably). I've played a couple RPGs not worth listing: FO3 and Skyrim.

I would rate Gothic a 9/10 (weird controls that make for clunky combat), same with Torment (awful combat), and Morrowind an 8/10 just because Gothic puts it to shame in many departments (NPCs, quests, factions, AI schedules, even story). Frankly I don't expect any of these games to reach a 10/10, since I'm very picky in what I consider a 10/10 game: it has to be flawless, or very, very close to it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Kony, may I ask when approximately you started playing the games on this list and how often you do play? It's amazing how much time you seem to have on your hands.

Edit: Also, you are missing comments on some very significant titles in your list. Why?

Last edited:

Space Insect

Arcane
:? There were two full-fledged expansions (IIRC, about $20 in price) to Morrowind, first Tribunal and then Bloodmoon. Personally, even though the city of Mournhold added by Tribunal was disappointingly small, I preferred exploring the vast dungeons underneath the city to Bloodmoon's addition of the Skyrim-like island of Solstheim.
I have mixed feelings about both of them. I probably prefer Tribunal because I like the art style and setting much more than Bloodmoon's. Mournhold and the Clockwork City especially were pretty disappointing and small. I liked some of the stuff beneath Mournhold, particularly the Daedric shrine and the new Dwemer ruin textures and lighting. I also thought the side quests in Mournhold were probably the best in all of Morrowind IIRC.

Konjad

Patron
Kony, may I ask when approximately you started playing the games on this list and how often you do play? It's amazing how much time you seem to have on your hands.
I started when I was 9 years old - in 1999 - with Baldur's Gate. It was my the very first RPG and also the first game I have bought (or rather asked my parents to buy it for me), funny thing is that buying the retail version was cheaper than pirating it at that time because it had so many CDs. I don't remember what was my second RPG or when did I play it, but it followed not much later and since then I'm a RPG fan.

Edit: Also, you are missing comments on some very significant titles in your list. Why?
I just didn't come up with what to write there.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So far I've beaten Morrowind, Gothic, and Planescape: Torment, in that order. New Vegas is the one I've played the most (over 300 hours, probably). I've played a couple RPGs not worth listing: FO3 and Skyrim.

I would rate Gothic a 9/10 (weird controls that make for clunky combat), same with Torment (awful combat), and Morrowind an 8/10 just because Gothic puts it to shame in many departments (NPCs, quests, factions, AI schedules, even story). Frankly I don't expect any of these games to reach a 10/10, since I'm very picky in what I consider a 10/10 game: it has to be flawless, or very, very close to it.

Have you considered checking out the SSI generation of RPGs at some point?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've got time to kill at work so I figured I'd splurge my popamole-riddled list, plus comments:

Completed:
Age of Decadence - Fantastic game. One of my favourite rpgs.

Alpha Protocol - Basically awful. I remember very little of this game.

Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast - I'm quite fond of this one. Childhood nostalgia, for the most part, although it does hold up quite well and is still enjoyable.

Baldur's Gate II - I'm of two minds about this one. I like the larger scale, but I dislike how unfocused it feels at times. I like the improved characterisation for party members, but a lot of them are intolerable. I think I prefer the first game.

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal - Oh god why make it stop.

Deus Ex - Another one of my favourites. I've done countless playthroughs and I'm doing another one right now. It's slightly campy and the voice acting is hilarious but it fucking works, damnit.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Missing Link (all dlc) - Good-for-what-it-is (tm.) Did two playthroughs and halfway through the second I never wanted to see the game ever again. Still decent, though.

Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening (all dlc) - I used to fucking love this game, like seriously love, when I was in college. Proof that students are degenerate? Mediocre game.

Dragon Age 2 - Awful.

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Beyond awful. Why did I finish this?

Fallout - Fantastic beauty of a game.

Fallout 2 - I'm not so keen on this one as I am on Fallout 1. Typical complaint of silliness and moving away from the grimdarkness of the first game.

Fallout 3 (all dlc) - Awful piece of shit, please refund me the money and time I spent on this abomination.

Fallout: New Vegas (all dlc) - Good game. Probably my favourite Fallout (Old World Blues, Mr House, Remnants)

Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter - Solid hacky slashy thing. Good fun, though RTwP does grate.

Mass Effect - Used to love this game back on the ol' Xbox 360. Would never play again.

Mass Effect 2 - See above.

Mass Effect 3 - See above.

Pillars of Eternity - Awful. Backed this for something like 140 dollars and I hated it. I forced myself to finish it but god, just awful.

Planescape: Torment - Another great. I still replay this quite regularly. I love the setting, the characters. Brilliant stuff.

Risen - Somewhat OK. I liked the intro. Gets worse. Gets better. Gets much worse.

Risen 2 - Awful game all the way through. Why did I finish this?

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Solid, enjoyable game. Good party members, good story, reasonably fun missions.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - More of the above. Slightly worse in parts, slightly better in others. My favourite of the three HBS Shadowrun games.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Good when I was a teenager. Shit now I'm an adult.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Probably the best Star Wars game. Thoughtful and entertaining.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - I still have a fondness for Morrowind. Very much nostalgia from my childhood, I don't think this game is half as good as it was. I still like it, though.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Shivering Isles (all dlc) - Awful. Why did I play this? Oh yeah, I was fifteen.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (all dlc) - As per most Codexers, I've played this for far too many hours and I don't even know why. One of the worst rpgs I've ever played. Good to mong out and forget about life or responsibilities or decent rpgs, though.

The Witcher 2 - Decent. Story good, gameplay bad. Broche for life.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine - One of the best damn popamole style rpgs ever made. Shallow choice and consequence, but it's a beautifully realised world. Hearts of Stone has got to be one of my favourite stories in an rpg yet.

Underrail - One of my favourite rpgs, and to come out in recent years, also. Fantastic thing.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines - Another classic + favourite. Yearly replays or so.

Wasteland 2 - Thoroughly mediocre. Probably wouldn't recommend this to others.

Abandoned:

Icewind Dale 2 - Wasn't so keen on this one. I got stuck because of a glitch and that was the excuse I needed to abandon ship.

Neverwinter Nights - hated it.
Neverwinter Nights 2 - hated it.

Risen 3 - shit. Played far too much before giving up.

Shadowrun: Dead Man's Switch - I hated this damn thing so much. I tried, oh lord I tried. Got to the space bugs or whatever and I was fucking done. Fuck this game.

Witcher 1 - disliked the combat too much to continue.

In Progress / To Return To:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - Finding it hard to get into, will play some day.

The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal, Bloodmoon - I usually lose interest and give up. One day.

Gothic - Loved it but never finished. Will do one day, it deserves it.

Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven - I fucking love Gothic 2 but I've never actually finished it. I think the furthest I've gotten is Chapter 3 or 4. I think I've technically finished NotR before, but I don't know if that counts.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Your list is a very mixed bag, but aren't all of our lists mixed bags? I recommend:

Jagged Alliance 2 (best combat system ever)

King of Dragon Pass

I did not like combat in SitS. I wish it was turn based!

The game strong suit is using your skills to interact with the environment.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Have you considered checking out the SSI generation of RPGs at some point?

Eh, I'm not afraid to admit I would probably not touch anything made before 1997 (Fallout). Mostly because I wouldn't have any fun with it.

I'm not saying the games on my list are guaranteed fun, but I don't see myself playing games like Wasteland and enjoying it (I actually played it, and it was more of a Pokémon experience, that is, slightly addictive but not fun at all, if it makes sense).

Konjad

Patron
I have finished Prelude to Darkness today, this time doing the 'default' storyline and saving the Valley from the Darkness. It's a great game, if only it was better polished and did not crash so often! Still, great atmosphere, story, combat system, quests... it definitely is in my top 5 RPG list along with Arcanum, Gothic 2 NotR, PST and Fallout. Overall :5/5::4/5:, although those fucking bugs!
rating_rage.gif
The rebellion's ending was shit too, because there was basically no ending, but the default storyline has an outro that includes the decisions and quests the player has done in different settlements (like in Fallout).

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I hate to press the point, but again how do you find so much free time to complete all these games? I'm genuinely curious.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Still in college then?

Eh, I'm not afraid to admit I would probably not touch anything made before 1997 (Fallout). Mostly because I wouldn't have any fun with it.

What a load of crocshit. I played Ultima Underworld somewhere in 2011 and got massive blast. Way better than Doom from the same year in term of tech, control and deep.
I rather learn to play old stuff than touch modern filth and suffer brian damage.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I hate to press the point, but again how do you find so much free time to complete all these games? I'm genuinely curious.

No you don't. Anyway, who cares? There's a whole host of demographics who have plenty of time to play games and his list is not that big considering he's been here for 10 years. You could probably find at least 100 posters who far out-play him if you could find a way to direct them to this thread (big neon lights etc). So I'm guessing this is just txt hunting cos you're a right nosey parker. But anyway, I'll get on with my main point, being that just because you list each expansion and mod individually doesn't mean you've played a great variety of games. If someone says they've played Witcher 3 then, in most people's mind, that probably includes all the DLCs and listing Witcher 3 as 3/4 different games is more akin to padding than content...

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
What a load of crocshit. I played Ultima Underworld somewhere in 2011 and got massive blast. Way better than Doom from the same year in term of tech, control and deep.
I rather learn to play old stuff than touch modern filth and suffer brian damage.

Just because you have fun with them doesn't mean I will. Case in point: Skyrim is a fun game to lots of people, yet a lot of people here (myself included) don't have fun with it.

I'm also not particularly fond of the blobber genre, so that means the M&M VI suggestion will be skipped.

Space Insect

Arcane
Just because you have fun with them doesn't mean I will. Case in point: Skyrim is a fun game to lots of people, yet a lot of people here (myself included) don't have fun with it.

I'm also not particularly fond of the blobber genre, so that means the M&M VI suggestion will be skipped.
You should slowly introduce yourself into older and older games. Try X-Com: UFO Defense (even though it's not an RPG). It has isometric turn based combat and the UI does not have a very steep learning curve. Or try Ultima 7.

Konjad

Patron

No you don't. Anyway, who cares? There's a whole host of demographics who have plenty of time to play games and his list is not that big considering he's been here for 10 years. You could probably find at least 100 posters who far out-play him if you could find a way to direct them to this thread (big neon lights etc). So I'm guessing this is just txt hunting cos you're a right nosey parker. But anyway, I'll get on with my main point, being that just because you list each expansion and mod individually doesn't mean you've played a great variety of games. If someone says they've played Witcher 3 then, in most people's mind, that probably includes all the DLCs and listing Witcher 3 as 3/4 different games is more akin to padding than content...

The list is first and foremost for my own use. I started it years ago, I just posted it on COdex recently. The reason why I list all expansions separately, sometimes even mods, is because I want to keep track what I played and what I did not. I played Morrowind in 2002/3 and Bloodmoon much later, between both I played lots of other RPGs of which some I completed with expansions and some I had left expansions to play later. I never even did play Tribunal and it's still an expansion to play... someday somewhere perhaps, but even if not, I need it listed so when years pass by I don't need to ask myself "wait... did I play it already or not yet?"

I only regret I did not start similar lists with movies and books... movies are the easiest to forget as they don't require any input from my brain.
Still in college then?

Yeah.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
The list is first and foremost for my own use. I started it years ago, I just posted it on COdex recently. The reason why I list all expansions separately, sometimes even mods, is because I want to keep track what I played and what I did not. I played Morrowind in 2002/3 and Bloodmoon much later, between both I played lots of other RPGs of which some I completed with expansions and some I had left expansions to play later. I never even did play Tribunal and it's still an expansion to play... someday somewhere perhaps, but even if not, I need it listed so when years pass by I don't need to ask myself "wait... did I play it already or not yet?"

I only regret I did not start similar lists with movies and books... movies are the easiest to forget as they don't require any input from my brain.

Yeah, I wasn't really criticising your method of storing info, it was more a reaction to Crispy's "so much free time to complete all these games?" as if any RPG fanatic interested enough to visit this site for 10 years wouldn't have a similar list of games. Over 10 years, playing just 3 games a year would net you a list of 30 games and 3 games per year gives you ample space to play associated DLCs or Expansions. Heck, some people might even consider 3 games per year to be on the lightweight side, that's not even one per season, what are you doing for the other 9 months of the year! lol.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fair enough.
Still - playing older/ancient stuff require little switch in our mindsets to start. More annoying parts would be skippable items or stuff that are easy to miss because modern games spoiled us wit shiny objects and arrows on the maps and quest compass.

Me too.
That's because I got massive burnout from FPS genre that touched also my blobbler backlog (couldn't finish M&M VI Chaos Conspiracy because of that).

Modron

Arcane
It's definitely worth 7.50 but at this point is anyone from the initial development, hell even publishing, getting any money from that? Might as well wait for a sale unless you are really chomping at the bit to play it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
it was more a reaction to Crispy's "so much free time to complete all these games?"

Did you ever stop to think that maybe I was actually impressed with Kony's accomplishment and just wanted to know how and why he's so dedicated to playing RPG's through to their completion?

I didn't attack him, I didn't criticize him. You might want to chill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom