Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I know :(

Cool tip: The Estoc's hit frame is the 8th frame, meaning it is likely one of the fastest weapons to apply damage on a hit (0.26 seconds).

Athelas

Arcane
I don't see how anyone could mistake that Aloth portrait for a female. Looks very much like a male to me.

Pallegina's voice sounds truly awful. I predict a 'Pallegina authentic black voice' mod shortly after release.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
OTOH the naming convention has it as companion_cv meaning it could be an audition sample they were using temporarily, dunno.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Here's Pallegina's full voice set if you want to have a listen: http://www.upload.ee/files/4240874/AudioClip.rar.html
Urh

When we were saying we're ok with saving money on VO, I thought we meant quantity, not quality
It's like VO for a fan made NPC for baldur's gate romance

And the only hot babe in game is a dwarf, and that is stretching it

da-pcs.jpg

wait a sec, what's up with Cadegund? Was she changed for a hobbit cleric?

This is a female right?

Aloth.png
aloth_2.png
It's an elf, who can tell?
But there is somehing feminine about the mouth. Cover it and it just looks like an angry elf.
V.png

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
No Business Like Show Business

Sensuki said:
… I can't get this video to load :/

No problem streaming / downloading the ad for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate AND being redirected to Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate pre-order page.

Guess it's' a standard quid pro quo, the conventional means of bandwidth exchange. Pay to play! :D

@ Infinitron, this ad wasn't a latent, Freudian slip in editorial discipline, sheer rascally, Jungian synchronicity?

Wait.

Cleared history / cookies for last hour, reloaded Firefox and the inherent flash player and I may be able to understand the ping pong of the interview.

Will try to grab a download because my mid speed DSL service is that fickle.

Stalking what IS is for PoE seems to have more prurient appeal than the cold hand shake / sister's kiss of Schadenfreude.

4too

Sensuki

Arcane
She'd be okay for a character like Alora, I just don't think Pallegina is a good fit for her voice. And yeah agreed about the VO direction. I'm skeptical as to whether it is final though, but it might be *shrug*.

wait a sec, what's up with Cadegund? Was she changed for a hobbit cleric?

V.png

I was disappointed to hear that Cadegund had been cut as well, she actually seemed like a p. cool character

Hormalakh

Magister
Here's Pallegina's full voice set if you want to have a listen: http://www.upload.ee/files/4240874/AudioClip.rar.html

Soundtrack from the beta files: http://www.filedropper.com/pe1

Oh...my....god.

This voice-acting is by far the shittiest I've ever heard in my life. She's staright up just reading the lines. Not ACTING at all.

She reads them incredibly fast with no emotion and no change in rhythm or tone. Just bland, bland, bland.

I wonder whose dick the "voice actress" sucked to get this VA position, because clearly she didn't get the job based on her merits.

really terrible. i'm shocked.

imweasel

Her voice acting lacks fluctuation, it isn't that great. I would have expected better VA for a chick named Paladin Vagina. Uh, I mean Pallegina.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Her voice acting lacks fluctuation, it isn't that great. I would have expected better VA for a chick named Paladin Vagina. Uh, I mean Pallegina.

Considering shes valian moar like balls vagina. (Palle is ball in italian)

As for the voice acting.... Its not good.

That said this may as well be temp stuff. With the final/real recording still coming. Would be nice to know if its final though.

Sensuki

Arcane
By the way I still have a PE key spare for cost price if anyone's interested (not a beta key, a game key) from my PE group buy.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
There really is no excuse for having sub-par voicing in this game, when BGII was able to produce consistently awesome VA 14 fucking years ago. No excuse.

Sensuki

Arcane
Yep.

There really is no excuse for having sub-par voicing in this game, when BGII was able to produce consistently awesome VA 14 fucking years ago. No excuse.

I'd argue it's probably harder to get good VO for games these days because of how expensive it has become.

made

Arcane
Why is there VA in the first place? Was it a stretch goal or sth so they're obliged to include it? A narrator doing a few lines here and there for flavor should be enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom