Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Duraframe300, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
  2. ZagorTeNej Arcane

ZagorTeNej
    Josh is an arrogant douche as usual (and should really shut the fuck up about his idiot muscle wizard, no one cares FFS) but overall I like what I'm reading, one of the bigger worries is the enchantment system and the effect it can have on game's itemization overall.

^ Top  
  3. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Merlkir Arcane Developer

Merlkir
    No 10 ft pole. :rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  5. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Those are sleeves for the box.

edit: nvm, you were trolling I think.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  7. Rake Arcane

Rake
    He reads the Codex alright

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    Beamdog made Josh a sad Sawyer :(

Why do you lie?

Show Spoiler
    Am I doing this misrepresenting what people say right? I'm kinda new to it :troll:

Anyway, aren't they starting the hype-train a little early? I'd have waited another 1-2 weeks...

^ Top  
  10. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Expansion is gonna be Heart of Winter style.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Show Spoiler

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2886...ds-pc-first-focus-big-head-mode-and-more.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  13. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Sorry. Damn, should have watched this page. I'm out of date. It's past midnight for me, and when I saw timestamps "yesterday" and the date on the article being 20th, I thought I was clear to post it :)

^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    All new screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Heh, first one is a blatant homage to BG2 Bodhi's Lair spider cavern.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Yeah, looks practically like a remake.

^ Top  
  17. Apexeon Arcane

Apexeon
    Is that good or bad ?

^ Top  
  18. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Obsidian really botched it when it came it to making sure characters wouldn't blend in with backgrounds.

:smug:

:lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/88-pillars-of-eternity-general-discussion-no-spoilers/

^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I think it's good.

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    ^ Top  
  22. Copper Savant

Copper
    Stirring words for the troops indeed.

^ Top  
  23. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Duraframe300

Since when was Mikey Dowling the "Community Support Manager" ? Is this a new thing, where they've allocated someone to specifically interact with the forum community ?

^ Top  
  24. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    It's like they challenge me to build stupid parties. It would be very cool if this doesn't turn out to be exaggerated.

I'd take my hat off to the guy who endeavors to make all the calculations for this game's battles by hand. It's a bit of an overestimation to consider this game for tabletop imo.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.