Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BBMorti

Arcane
Weird, the game's companion portrait directory has been erased. I guess they finally realized they were spoiling them or something?

New player portraits:

And there's a bunch of new watercolor-style NPC portraits.
They had to add that 'The female fedora' nose ring.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They've added quite a bit of passive talents to Priests, including a passive which reduces your casting times and another which increases the range of your casts.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Weird, the game's companion portrait directory has been erased. I guess they finally realized they were spoiling them or something?

New player portraits:

And there's a bunch of new watercolor-style NPC portraits.
days-without-1-jewish-tricks-no-days-without-jewish-tricks-21703920.png

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
They've added quite a bit of passive talents to Priests, including a passive which reduces your casting times and another which increases the range of your casts.
A bit early to say, but if you happen to playtest the priest, can your report on this change ?
I mean, that sounds like nobrain choices for a spellcaster, but I can't remember what other choices the player has if he doesn't go with these.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm more disappointed at the apparent lack of Skaen Sneak Attack. So disappointed in fact, I did the unthinkable and wrote on their forums.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
A bit early to say, but if you happen to playtest the priest, can your report on this change ?
I mean, that sounds like nobrain choices for a spellcaster, but I can't remember what other choices the player has if he doesn't go with these.

I will download it tonight and report back tomorrow, provided I am not beaten to the punch.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
are those new portraits backer ones or something? the middle one looks really out of place -- the angle making it look like a selfie someone took.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't see either Woedica nor Steel Garrote, but I didn't toy with the PoE1 histories (which are in), so maybe they're in, who knows. The console commands for money doesn't seem to work anymore.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Tried the new beta patch and I'm happy to report that the performance is much much improved! The game also looks somewhat better. So far so good. Making a paladin and trying out the new stuff.

frajaq

Erudite
I don't see either Woedica nor Steel Garrote, but I didn't toy with the PoE1 histories (which are in), so maybe they're in, who knows. The console commands for money doesn't seem to work anymore.

wait really, why did the show this on the patch notes then?

('unedited' List of specific systems check ins) said:
Steel Garrote Lay on Hands is now a 2 point cost ability.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a couple of queries: what is the status of the recovery mechanic? Is it still around? It was quite horrible in PoE. Also, what about the stamina bar? It was quite silly. Is it still there?
No, they've scrapped all that, and we are back with personal initiative rounds.

I'm joking. Stamina is out, thankfully. Recovery times have been reigned in and slowed down but there is pressure from a newly formed camp of "PoE `purists`" that they are sped back up again. Fortunately they are moddable now.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Why, I completely missed that post on SA boards, unless you surprisingly failed your duty and never reported it in this very thread. Bad!

We get to enjoy even more of Haberkorn sweet voice acting though :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom