Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Parabalus

Arcane
Well, the titan fight alone lasts like 15 minutes if you don't have a melee-heavy party, soooo.

So physical DPS does single target damage while casters handle crowds, that's the coveted classic IE gameplay, isn't it?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, casters have access to single-target spells, they just can't land (if they aren't Minoletta's) due to the enormous defenses. They are also very limited due to the small number of spells per encounter you have. Basically, what casters do atm is wait until you tell them to cast something you think will land. My Priest couldn't land a single Barbs of Condemnation or Divine Mark throughout my whole last beta run. AoEs have the same problem.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No, casters have access to single-target spells, they just can't land (if they aren't Minoletta's) due to the enormous defenses. They are also very limited due to the small number of spells per encounter you have. Basically, what casters do atm is wait until you tell them to cast something you think will land. My Priest couldn't land a single Barbs of Condemnation or Divine Mark throughout my whole last beta run. AoEs have the same problem.
Maybe you should pump up their STR more,they need to put more power in throwing their spells. Who knew that spells are like throwing rocks.
thinking.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
There is no Strength anymore, it's Might again. Strength also didn't increase spell damage while it lasted.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Having played the latest beta on Veteran difficulty (as I’ve indicated previously POTD is of no interest to me) I don’t think I agree with you on any of these points except for the limitations created by the limited number of casts per encounter, which, in play has biased me towards AoEs vis-a-vis single target spells. Beside the Titan, I don’t think I’ve had issues landing spells as long as I am smart about choosing spells that target the correct defense depending on the enemy and their current status effects.

Lacrymas

Arcane
And I've repeatedly stated that I'm talking about PotD, everything below that is a joke.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, indeed the grass was greener and the light was brighter [before PoE came out].

Joking aside, that song has always been one of the most bleak ones in existence and it's incredible.

Sentinel

Arcane
Yes, indeed the grass was greener and the light was brighter [before PoE came out].

Joking aside, that song has always been one of the most bleak ones in existence and it's incredible.
The lyrics are incredibly nostalgic and melancholic, but the perfect drumming & the way the slide guitar solo at the end plays around with Rick's synths & hammond organ breaks my heart. Such an incredible song.

giphy.gif
There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

:negative:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The lyrics are incredibly nostalgic and melancholic, but the perfect drumming & the way the slide guitar solo at the end plays around with Rick's synths & hammond organ breaks my heart. Such an incredible song.

giphy.gif

Wait, people actually listen to post Roger Waters Pink Floyd? I'm no snob who thinks the band went to hell after Syd Barrett lost his mind, but anything after The Wall is not Pink Floyd and every moment you spend listening to a momentary lapse of reason or the division bell is a moment you will never get back.

Sentinel

Arcane

giphy.gif

Wait, people actually listen to post Roger Waters Pink Floyd? I'm no snob who thinks the band went to hell after Syd Barrett lost his mind, but anything after The Wall is not Pink Floyd and every moment you spend listening to a momentary lapse of reason or the division bell is a moment you will never get back.
Pink Floyd is a different beast after The Wall. While The Final Cut still has Gilmour's masterful guitar playing, it's lacking what made the previous albums so impactful - which was the collaboration between Gilmour's mellow playing and voice, and Roger's hard hitting lyrics and raw sounds. Momentary Lapse of Reason & Division Bell are very Gilmouresque albums in that sense. They're pretty ok for a listen and I enjoy The Division Bell a lot more out of the two, but both albums have one song each that stands out from the rest - Momentary Lapse of Reason has "Sorrow", which is another Pink Floyd beast, and Division Bell has High Hopes, which is easily the best post-Waters Pink Floyd song, and imo captures nostalgia and melancholy better than any attempt they made before.

It's pretty sad how Waters & Gilmour will never collaborate again. They are two musical soul mates that compliment each other perfectly. Roger has everything Gilmour lacks and vice versa. While I still enjoy The Final Cut and Water's solo albums like Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking, Radio KAOS and Amused to Death (and even his most recent record had some ok stuff although I didn't like much of it), I can't help but miss Gilmour's influence on the music.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well gosh! After watching that stream my hype levels are up, Josh Sawyer does it again! When I think of the world of Eora and the hard work put in by Obsidian to see their vision become reality I cry a little. It is absolutely beautiful how we are getting these games still! We all have dreams of being a seafaring captain setting off for adventure, and now Obsidian is giving us exactly that! :hug:I know some on this forum like to hem and haw about the little things, but I think we are all looking forward to Deadfire in one way or another. To think of how lucky we are to live on the same planet and same time as Josh Sawyer who brings us to these wonderful exotic places to let us fulfill our fantasies! :)

Thanks, Jenkem

Jezal_k23

giphy.gif

Pink Floyd is a different beast after The Wall. While The Final Cut still has Gilmour's masterful guitar playing, it's lacking what made the previous albums so impactful - which was the collaboration between Gilmour's mellow playing and voice, and Roger's hard hitting lyrics and raw sounds. Momentary Lapse of Reason & Division Bell are very Gilmouresque albums in that sense. They're pretty ok for a listen and I enjoy The Division Bell a lot more out of the two, but both albums have one song each that stands out from the rest - Momentary Lapse of Reason has "Sorrow", which is another Pink Floyd beast, and Division Bell has High Hopes, which is easily the best post-Waters Pink Floyd song, and imo captures nostalgia and melancholy better than any attempt they made before.

It's pretty sad how Waters & Gilmour will never collaborate again. They are two musical soul mates that compliment each other perfectly. Roger has everything Gilmour lacks and vice versa. While I still enjoy The Final Cut and Water's solo albums like Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking, Radio KAOS and Amused to Death (and even his most recent record had some ok stuff although I didn't like much of it), I can't help but miss Gilmour's influence on the music.

Just because post-Wall Pink Floyd is not as good as it was before doesn't mean there weren't some good, or possibly even great, songs in there too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom