Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
GW is british though ...

Yes, and Warhammer Fantasy is quintessentially European. Warhammer 40k is the one for American audience, thus Americanised.

Another possibility is of course you are one of those 40k fanboys that don't even know existence of Warhammer Fantasy and think concepts in 40k are unique. Instead of what it is, Americanised garbage version of fantasy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Warhammer 40k is extreme Americanism, though, a kind of "outsider criticizing the inside" while reveling in its absurdity. It's a never-ending war depicted as cool, extreme and grandiose as possible (in an American way).

FreeKaner

Warhammer 40k is extreme Americanism, though, a kind of "outsider criticizing the inside" while reveling in its absurdity. It's a never-ending war depicted as cool, extreme and grandiose as possible (in an American way).

It's still derivative of warhammer fantasy, which is also European view and history taken to extreme and revelled in its own schlock. Except with actual depth instead of reductionist americanism fetishism, whether it's ironic or not.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Another possibility is of course you are one of those 40k fanboys that don't even know existence of Warhammer Fantasy and think concepts in 40k are unique. Instead of what it is, Americanised garbage version of fantasy.

Nah. I always prefered Warhammer Fantasy over 40K. It's a shame that it just exists in videogames nowadays. Beasts in Velvet is my favourite Warhammer Novel of all time. But as I understood 40K was just a not so serious take on Warhammer ... but in space. As Warhammer was a not so serious take on fantasy tropes.

FreeKaner

Another garbage update with nothing of substance, instead spoiling us little details we should have found for ourselves in the game and lived the excitement of discovery instead of threshold of expectation.

It reminds me of garbage b-rate action movies that put all their best action scenes and most famous actors in the trailer, while those actors themselves appear for a grand total of 5 seconds in the movie itself. Hype for hype's sake, dumpsterfire is finished.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another garbage update with nothing of substance, instead spoiling us little details we should have found for ourselves in the game and lived the excitement of discovery instead of threshold of expectation.

It reminds me of garbage b-rate action movies that put all their best action scenes and most famous actors in the trailer, while those actors themselves appear for a grand total of 5 seconds in the movie itself. Hype for hype's sake, dumpsterfire is finished.

But I thought all they show is all they have, the actual game doesn't exist, so why would they not show what they have when that is all they have? You need to keep your narrative straight.

FreeKaner

But I thought all they show is all they have, the actual game doesn't exist, so why would they not show what they have when that is all they have? You need to keep your narrative straight.

They are desperately showing all they have, and all they are showing is minute details that do not make an actual game but instead excite you in the game. They are dealers in hype and expectation, greatest sign of charlatans and vapourware.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
INFINITRON you are late

"Playthough", previously "Sneak Peak"... Obsidian are indeed declining.

Why is charge teleports behind you again? I excused it in PoE because it was added late in the development and suspended my disbelief but this is inexcusable in the second game.

What a shipwreck this wanna-be anime is.
The talking sword was pure cringe. At least we see the VO budget has been put to good use - a phone sex line where you can talk dirty with your inventory items. It's not too late - maybe the broom will also have a few lines.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
So wi all these features implemented have they managed to implement a walk toggle yet, or was big head mode and gobshite bollocks more important?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Critical Elves http://versusevil.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire_c-r/

CR-Portrait-Banner-Reveal4-4-30-18.jpg

973125eac9.gif

2house2fly

Magister
So wi all these features implemented have they managed to implement a walk toggle yet, or was big head mode and gobshite bollocks more important?
They did a walk toggle months ago, I think Sawyer showed it off on Instagram

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom