Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In terms of maxing damage dealth, is the marginal utility of extra raw damage from might superior to extra accuracy or action speed from perception and dexterity respectively?

Might. Might is special this time around since it is applied after all the other damage multipliers.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Okay the game is not not completley balanced a party of 5 priests is not viabale at least not now maybe I can ask Josh to fix this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
i considered devoted but not sure if the bonus is worth it, the numerical values are not even specified in the class description and im not trudging through hours of nerd commando's probably outdated beta videos to see if it's any good, so just regular fighter, no subclass whatsoever

It is very much worth it and Devoted is one of the best classes in the game, if not the best.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
There are no real shit classes :littlemissfun:

Rogues and Rangers would like to disagree with this statement.

Which is funny, because Rogue/Ranger multi is actually strong. Those classes exist only as multi addition though.

It is very much worth it and Devoted is one of the best classes in the game, if not the best.

This class will really shine on 2nd+ playthrough though, when you know which weapons have some good uniques. Locking yourself to one weapon type (unproficient ones get penalties for devoted) is a big drawback in first playthrough.

PrettyDeadman

Rogue was god tier in POE and ranger was A-tier after patches.
Did they become shit in POE2?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This class will really shine on 2nd+ playthrough though, when you know which weapons have some good uniques. Locking yourself to one weapon type (unproficient ones get penalties for devoted) is a big drawback in first playthrough.

Meh, Josh said all weapons have competitive uniques, so I'm not worried about that. You also get a looooooooooot of benefits to your weapon of choice, so even if axes have the worst unique you still get the bonuses that matter. I've also heard you can get a second weapon of choice at one point, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Why is the PoE: Deadfire desktop icon so pixilated?

pixels.png

Parabalus

Arcane
Rogue was god tier in POE and ranger was A-tier after patches.
Did they become shit in POE2?

I'd hardly call rogue god tier in PoE1. Strong single target, but squishy and nothing else - needs a lot of micro to shine, other classes can get more done with the same attention. I liked the class, just don't think it's a powerhouse.

Meh, Josh said all weapons have competitive uniques, so I'm not worried about that. You also get a looooooooooot of benefits to your weapon of choice, so even if axes have the worst unique you still get the bonuses that matter. I've also heard you can get a second weapon of choice at one point, but I'm not sure if that's true.

The wiki says +2 PEN and +25% crit damage, it that really that good?
I guess PEN is +-30% damage, but only if it gets you over the thresholds, does +2 matter so much?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So, does anyone know if respeccing is possible in Deadfire?

If not, is there some place where you can read about weapon bonuses before creating your character?

2house2fly

Magister
Is Iovara (elf-ghost in PoE1) and what you do with her mentioned in Deadfire at all?
There's a bit where if she and the inquisitor were lovers you can mention her as being an old girlfriend. I don't anticipate more than that though. To be honest, I didn't anticipate that much

Salvo

Arcane
Ok, fuck it. I jumped on the decline train and bought the game, I wanted to try it out anyway and people's work should always be paid.

Hopefully it's not as bad as I fear it's going to be. Fingers crossed for the last few hours.

PrettyDeadman

Ok, fuck it. I jumped on the decline train and bought the game, I wanted to try it out anyway and people's work should always be paid.

Hopefully it's not as bad as I fear it's going to be. Fingers crossed for the last few hours.
What are you talking about? The game is one of the shiniest example of incline and one of the best crpgs.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Graphics will be nice but framerate drops in the big areas so game will be unplayable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom