Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity is the worst RPG i've ever played

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What a brave and controversial opinion!

Indeed it is. You tried doing any fat-shaming in public lately?

Obesity is a major co-morbidity for COVID. Fat-shaming is good! People can encourage each other to suck less - who knew?

You know what got my marriage off to a great start? Getting my wife to the gym with me. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

wyes gull

Savant
4ec.jpg

Notice how much happier he looks. Some men breed dogs or horses, others breed sows. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, other than the smell.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
party-based RPGs sucks. Characters of different sizes and races following each other like a shadow looks very ridiculous from an isometric perspective, especially in towns. It kills the RPG soul and often ignores the character you spent hours creating when starting the game, because after a few hours you have to deal with companions more than your own character.

What is the best RPG you've ever played?
It is Skyrim, amirite?

JDR13

Arcane
party-based RPGs sucks. Characters of different sizes and races following each other like a shadow looks very ridiculous from an isometric perspective, especially in towns. It kills the RPG soul and often ignores the character you spent hours creating when starting the game, because after a few hours you have to deal with companions more than your own character.

What is the best RPG you've ever played?
It is Skyrim, amirite?

My guess is that he's really enjoying D&D Dark Alliance right now.

Are you sure you like RPGs ? there's not much non-combat focused RPGs out there, the closest thing are Disco Elysium and Quest for Glory games, and some people don't even consider those RPGs. So i think you would enjoy Point and Click adventurers more, start with Quest for Glory series:

www.gog.com/game/quest_for_glory

and then Disco Elysium:

https://af.gog.com/game/disco_elysium?as=1649904300

And make sure to check Vampire The Masquerade since you enjoy Fallout and Arcanum:

https://af.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you sure you like RPGs ? there's not much non-combat focused RPGs out there, the closest thing are Disco Elysium and Quest for Glory games, and some people don't even consider those RPGs. So i think you would enjoy Point and Click adventurers more, start with Quest for Glory series:

www.gog.com/game/quest_for_glory

and then Disco Elysium:

https://af.gog.com/game/disco_elysium?as=1649904300

And make sure to check Vampire The Masquerade since you enjoy Fallout and Arcanum:

https://af.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines?as=1649904300

C'mon man, you need to start at the beginning to get the full experience:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to understand how and why a site where Pl*nescape Shitment is considered the #1 game, can be so arrogant. Nevermind.

i don't have anything against storyfags, i am myself a sort of storyfag but i still like combat. And it's a fact that there are not many non-combat focused RPGs, most RPGs have tons of combat, even PST. So if you don't like combat you're not going to like RPGs.

Like those people who only play JRPGs for their stories, so you want to slog through 30 hours of combat just to get 10 hours or less of story ?? and most of times a predictable cliche story. Nope ! that's retarded, so find a genre that fit your tastes better or read a book/Manga/Graphic Novel or watch a anime, anything else.

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Believe it or not, I signed up just to shout this out.

1- It's a mix of turn-based and real time combat. Sounds cool doesn't it? But all you do is keep pressing pause and try to play the game manually turn-based. Combat should be turn based by default, or at least we should be able to choose between turn-based and realtime in the settings (like Arcanum).

2- You need to pause every 30 seconds in order to understand what's going on in Combat, whether the tactic you apply works or not, which character's skill is more effective, etc. Because animations are at the level of mobile games even in Ultra graphic settings.

3- Lore, story and dialogues are cheesy, boring and uninteresting. From the very first minute, Calisca's cliché of "I am a character who has seen a lot, so I am cold-blooded" made me cringe already. Almost all the dialogues and side-quests are filled with these clichés. It's 2015 (the year the game came out) and we're still dealing with 90's hollywood action clichés.
Oh boy oh boy, I'm going to get lynched on my first post just for saying this, but Obdisian doesn't know how to write quality lore, captivating story and interesting dialogues (including New Vegas).

4- No matter what type of character you created, you always have to pay attention to combat-based stats, because you can't finish the game just by talking or hiding like oldschool RPGs. It's been almost 20 years and there hasn't been an RPG that you can finish it through talking like Fallout or Arcanum (Even in Dos 2 this is mostly not possible.). Why is that? Combat effects sells in trailers and E3 commercials, that's why.

5- Here's another "unpopular" opinion of mine: party-based RPGs sucks. Characters of different sizes and races following each other like a shadow looks very ridiculous from an isometric perspective, especially in towns. It kills the RPG soul and often ignores the character you spent hours creating when starting the game, because after a few hours you have to deal with companions more than your own character. The "official" characters created by the game overshadow the custom character you created.

That's all I have to say, but from those who loved the game, I would like to hear what is unique about this game.
you fucking little whiny bitch

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Notice how much happier he looks."

Well... the fatter she is the less likely she is to cheat so less stress for him and less pressure to be at his best.

Why do you think women will settle for betas in their 30s and 40s? Because at that time they feel the need to settle down and they know the chances of a beta cheating on them is minimal. Then again, women are known to find married men to be attractive... so, that 4/10 they married is suddenly seen as a 7/10 by other women. O.o.

Can't handle the bacon

PoE has the same gnostic-luciferian roots as just about any piece of "entertainment" these days. The "gods" are really false archons built by an ignorant and misguided demiurge to keep humanity oppressed, matter is fundamentally evil, everyone is trapped in a hopeless cycle of reincarnation, and man's only real escape is through apotheosis/self-deification.

Some of these themes are more clearly developed in the first game than others, not sure which direction the sequel goes.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's with all the random sub-100 posts accounts coming out of the woodwork in this particular thread? Something funky is going on, probably all the recently banned people whipping out their backup alts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom